Booked single night (9/27) via Choice Privileges for lowest rate king size bed at just under $50. Very helpful desk clerk allowed us to change to two queens for same rate although normally $10/night more. He also gave us a great recommendation for dining at Goodfellows which was just down the street. Will try to review that also.
This Comfort Inn is several miles up Route 30 from Atlantic City's boardwalk in Absecon. It is located on a concrete center divider highway. If you miss it heading northeast from downtown you will have to use one of the designated U-turns spaced about a mile apart. Beware that there are two Comfort Inns on Route 30 in Abescon. This one is about 5 miles further north than the one a bit closer to downtown. However both are a fairly long drive from the boardwalk.
Parking is free, located behind the hotel and feels secure. The lobby is smallish and the building itself is older and in need of some TLC. We noted the carpets both in the hallways and the room were grimy, stained and probably should be replaced. There is an indoor pool and fitness room, but we did not use either. They also provide a free breakfast but we missed that too.
Our room had all the expected amenities and the beds were comfortable. We had a flat screen TV in the room with plenty of channels. It was quiet and we both slept well. The bathroom was clean and the shower had good regulated water pressure. Beware the shower footing is a bit slippery and I found the shower head too low for my six foot frame.
Bottom line is the hotel is.dated, not in the best repair, a short drive away from any restaurants, but the price is reasonable and provides good value if you're looking for a place to stay without a pressing need to donate your wages on Atlantic City's casinos.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perfect for leisure and business travelers alike, the AAA 3 Diamond, Baymont Inn and Suites - Atlantic City/Absecon area features a relaxing indoor pool, fitness center, 24 hour business center, Your morning breakfast, free high speed internet service - both wired and wireless, warmly appointed guest rooms and suites - all with microwave and refrigerator, and professional, friendly service. Try one of our suites - Romantic Hot Tub Suites or Family Suites that sleeps 6. The hotel is perfectly located close to Garden State Parkway and Atlantic City Expressway, and only a few short minutes to Atlantic City attractions including the world famous casinos, boardwalk, Jersey Shore beaches, Atlantic City Convention Center, The Walk outlet shopping, Renault Winery, and Absecon Lighthouse. The property is located only 5 miles from Atlantic City Airport ACY. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Baymont Inn & Suites Galloway Atlantic City Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn Absecon Hotel Absecon
- Absecon Comfort Inn
- Baymont Inn & Suites Galloway Atlantic City Area New Jersey/Absecon