“Bad odour in room and bathtub disgusting”

Baymont Inn & Suites Galloway Atlantic City Area
Ranked #6 of 25 Hotels in Absecon
Quebec City, Canada
“Bad odour in room and bathtub disgusting”
Reviewed 15 August 2013

We stayed 2 nights at this hotel during a trip to Atlantic City.
We choosed this hotel for the location (10-15 min from AC) and the price (32$/day on Hotwire).
The bathtub was disgusting !! Dirty with hair on the wall.
There was a bad odour in the room, and the carpet was dirty.
The room was large with a king size bed, a fridge and a microwave.
There was a pool that disn't look clean...didn't try.
The parking was a little small.
The free breakfast was OK
The bed was clean.
It's OK if you want to stay very cheap near Atlantic City.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank b_francoeur

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed 4 August 2013

I stayed at the comfort inn for 3 nights (Mon. - Wed.) in late July 2013. First of all this establishment is an actual hotel rather than the many motels that line Whitehorse Pike. I would say it's about a 10 - 15 min. drive from downtown Atlantic City. The hotel itself is small, but has a gym, small indoor pool and jacuzzi, vending machines, and a good sized parking lot (although the entrance is very tight coming into the hotel). My room was somewhat dated, but clean & in good condition. Bed was comfortable and bathroom was in working condition. My only complaint would be somewhat thin walls. One thing i noticed was the strength of the WiFi. Probably the strongest WiFi I have had at a hotel. Watched Netflix all night, while downloading a soccer game and did not have 1 problem. Overall I would stay again in a second if the price is right (imo < 60/per night).

Room Tip: Approach entrance to hotel slowly, tight turn.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Ryan L
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 31 July 2013

We stayed the weekend here in March for a friend's birthday. From the outside it doesn't look like the nicest place to stay but once we got into our rooms they were really nice. They were clean and very spacious. It was a short cab ride from the hotel into Atlantic City. The view is beautiful and the continental breakfast the next morning we bountiful.

Room Tip: Get the non-smoking rooms becasuse the smoking rooms smell like smoke.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Shaquetta C
Maplewood, New Jersey
Reviewed 27 July 2013 via mobile

My friends and I came to AC for a concert. We decided at the last minute to stay over night. We booked a room at this hotel. The tub had mildew, the floor was dirty, there was dirt on the walls and it was hair on the towels. We were so disgusted that we checked out before the night was over.

• Stayed July 2013
Upper Darby, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 21 July 2013

I stayed overnite mid-week during the heatwave so that I could hang out at the beach in Margate. I booked though Hotels.com.for a rate of $52.00. I must say I was totally impressed with the hotel.

It was convenient, clean and newer than I expected! The staff was friendly, polite and helpful. I was appreciative that as a single woman I was given a very nice non-smoking room on the top floor, away from any truckers and teens. I felt extremely safe, even venturing out at nite to answer "a snack attack". They even had a corkscrew for my pinot noir!

The breakfast in the morning was also better than I expected! Cereal, bagels, waffles, yogurt and of course, coffee, tea and milk. What was also nice was the flat screen TV, complimentary USA Today newspapers, and "to go" tops for your beverages so you could grab and go. These little conveniences mean a lot and were very appreciated!

My only comment/suggestion would be for the hotel to replace their old bed spreads (no newer or renovated hotels even use them anymore.)
I would (and will!) stay here again!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Happy Creek, VA
Reviewed 6 July 2013

Stayed here for one night on a business trip. I chose this hotel due to the proximity to Pomona and Atlantic City, and based upon price/reviews. First off I have to say the $60 a night charge is extremely reasonable since most hotels in even rural areas at at least $100-$150 a night. I arrived and was checked in immediately. Once I made it to my room it was what I expected; basic room, clean, a bit of damage to the walls/fixtures; but it did have a fridge, microwave, and coffee maker. The pillows are tiny but I had no trouble sleeping after the traffic laden drive from DC. I also could not connect to the hotel's wi fi but I had no trouble connecting to the wi fi from the neighboring hotel (????). I looked at the breakfast that they had to offer but come on now I'm in Jersey so where's the Greek owned diner?
Overall I would recommend this hotel due to the price and the fact that it was clean, but basic. If you want a spa, functional wi fi, or room service then fuhgetaboutit!!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed 26 June 2013

When I payed what I did for a room here, I expected it to be fairly dumpy. I was pleasantly surprised to find a pretty, newer, clean hotel. It's a great way to save money, as well to sleep in a quiet location near Atlantic City.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mx2_6
Also consider these accommodations in or near Absecon
Clarion Inn & Suites Atlantic City North
Red Roof Inn & Suites Atlantic City
Garden State Inn
Garden State Inn
#3 of 25 in Absecon
Holiday Inn Express Absecon - Atlantic City Area
Travelodge Absecon Atlantic City
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Absecon (Atlantic City) Galloway

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Galloway Atlantic City Area? Share your experiences!