“Dirty and long wait for order”
Review of Denny's

Denny's
Ranked #5 of 54 Restaurants in Absecon
Cuisines: American
Hammonton, New Jersey
“Dirty and long wait for order”
Reviewed 10 March 2014

The utensils were dirty. I asked the waitress to bring out our drinks with our meal and she forgot and immediately bought out our drinks, I explained that we didn't want to get full from sipping off the drinks before the food came and the waitress said "well just don't drink it then! Within a second my smile became a frown and she immediately said I'm sorry. We waited a long time for our food and we were starving. The ice started melting and flattening the drinks so I made the waitress take the drinks away and bring them back fresh with our meals. My order was wrong so I had to send it back and by the time I finally got it back, my family was almost done . The food was good but the table, seats, and utensils gave me the heebeegeebees.

• Visited March 2014

Ramsey, New Jersey
“Better the second time around”
Reviewed 8 October 2013

This was our second trip to this Dennys and the food and the staff were both great each time. We were greeted and seated quickly our drink orders taken and menus provided. I had a meat lovers omlette which was cooked to perfection. Service was prompt and friendly

Visited October 2013
Baltimore, Maryland
“Wonderful breakfast experience”
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Well, it's Denny's after all, so you know what to expect pretty much in the food department. But we had sworn off Denny's years ago because of crummy service and bad attitudes. This seemed to be the only breakfast place in the immediate area, so we took our chances and were amazed by the friendly staff, quick service, and overall cheery atmosphere. Thanks, Denny's, for a "pick-me-up" breakfast experience.

Visited September 2013
Duluth, GA
“A rather pleasant surprise from one who had his mind changed”
Reviewed 29 September 2013

This restaurant chain has provided at least two of a double handful of terrible restaurant experiences, so, we (self and spouse) were hesitant to go there again. It was close by the hotel and, what the heck, TripAdvisor contributors had collectively rated it pretty high (and I have come to rely on their judgement). We did, indeed, break down and gave it another chance.

The interior was clean, neat and - believe it or not - cheerful with about 35% occupancy on the night we visited.

Our waitperson was the typical local who works because she had to, but that attitude did not come out. She was most pleasant, talkative and interesting to talk with. It's wait staff like this that supplement a good meal, which, by the way, was what we had.

Ample servings, well-cooked (steak) and inexpensive yet delicious dessert. Nice and relatively quiet surroundings in spite of it being Kids Eat Free night.

This visit, tho not completely changing my mind did allow me to rethink this chain and give them one more chance.

Try it - I believe you'll agree. Food pricing was about $$ and not expensive.

• Visited September 2013
Kingston, PA
“Would not go again.”
Reviewed 25 August 2013

We like Denny's for their breakfast varieties, but this location wasn't so hot! Dehumidifier and fishy smell in entranceway should have been a warning. We sat at a booth w/ ripped cushions, tables dirty. Food was good, service was good. Just the restaurant itself was in poor condition.

• Visited August 2013