“Decent food; nice local place”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Black Cat Kitchen

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Black Cat Kitchen
Ranked #22 of 54 Restaurants in Absecon
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Cheap Eats, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Capelle aan den IJssel, The Netherlands
“Decent food; nice local place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2013

Good decent food and drinks; nice shop where you cab buy wine and beers to go. Staff is very friendly.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Jeroen v v

Wanaque, New Jersey
“If you are not a local fuggetaboutit!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2013

Service Food everything was just Horrible. We were mislead about HappyHour. Our bar wench was definitely PMSing. She treated us so poorly. When she didn't hear our order of type of beer correctly she seemed totally mad at us? Stating she would just HAVE to pour them out. No reason to ever return.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank EdandMags
Happy Creek, VA
“Fantastic service with a smile, superb calzone!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2013

Stayed one night in Absecon for business and passed by this place on the way to the hotel. Once I looked them up on Trip Advisor it was decided that we were headed to the Black Cat after check in. We were seated immediately and the place was packed since it was trivia night. After a bit of a wait our drink order was taken and then we ordered our food. I went with one of the Calzones and stuck with PBR drafts. Wow! When my order was brought out it was basically a large pizza crust folded over and filled with cheese, pepperoni, veggies, and served with a side of red sauce. The crust was golden brown, crisp on the outside, and reminded me of classic NY pizza crust. The fillings were well balanced and I could only eat half of the thing so I took the rest back to the hotel.
I would definitely return to the Black Cat and a bonus is that they have a package store in the restaurant so that you can grab some beers for the hotel. The atmosphere is pretty local and it was quite loud due to the trivia but I was impressed with the food.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Slovakdude
Bridgewater, New Jersey
“Nice, clean place. Good service.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2013

Late lunch on a Sunday, was greeted and seated nicely, the menu is fairly extensive, had 1/2 price apps while we were there, we tried the onion rings...served with pasta sauce, they were tasty.I had an omelette which was just OK, my wife had a crabcake platter, she said the cake had crab in it but tasted somewhat bland. The place is nice, but, the food seemed basic and somewhat bland in general.

• Visited June 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Excellent Experience at Black Cat”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2013

Very good experience, wait staff was excellent and the owner dropped by to see how things were going during dinner.

I tried the Bisque as an app. Creamy and tasty but could use some bits of seafood to make it really excellent. For dinner, my wife and I both chose the Black Cat Seafood Special - $4.00 off on Friday night. You select your pasta (Angel Hair or Spaghetti), sauce (Red or White) and any two types of seafood (clams, mussels, shrimp, scallops, crabmeat). I had red with shrimp, scallops and crab (small upcharge for an additional seafood), my wife had white with clams and shrimp. Hot, tasty and fresh. It comes with soup or salad.

After dinner the waitress informed us that the owner was adding ice cream to the dessert menu so we were getting a free sample - nice touch!

Only drawback is the parking. Lot is very small and hard to navigate.

We'll be back again!