“Good price, not so good stay.”
Review of Tourist Inn

Tourist Inn
Ranked #20 of 25 Hotels in Absecon
Reviewed 7 July 2011

My husband and I stayed in one of their jacuzzi rooms on a week day night. Check in was smooth, even though we couldn't understand the man behind the counter. After getting into the room we found dirt all over the bottom of the jacuzzi, a cockroach flailing on it's back (killed it and flushed it), dust all over the entertainment center, and someone's hoagie still in the fridge from a previous stay. We thought about checking out and finding somewhere else to stay, but it was late and we were tired. For the price I guess we expected too much by expecting it to be clean and roach free. I won't be staying here again.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 9 October 2009

I am a "Motel 6" kind of person - usually just like a very basic room that is inexpensive, so I can spend my money on other things. What I look for is a quiet, safe and clean room. The staff here was very understanding and friendly and put me in a room away from the road that was as quiet as possible. The hotel was well-lit and as a single traveler, I felt safe and relaxed. Cleanliness wasn't tops, but was adequate. The room had a refrigerator, which was useful. Decor was a tad above Motel 6, but that's not what I care about. All in all, if you are in search of a very basic room for an excellent price, this might be it. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank Peregrine71
Reviewed 9 September 2009

I went to this hotel with my wife to for saturday night.
Actully facility wise hotel was ok(average), but the way they handle business is not good. i was having reservation at 200 E White Horse Pike address which is different hotel than this one(Though same name Rodway Inn). But by mistake i went to 200 E white horse pike and show my reservation confirmation letter (print out). They read it and than checked me in to the hotel without notifying me that it is different hotel than what i have reservation for.

And on the next day when i am leaving the hotel, they are telling me that this is different hotel. So i got charged twice for the hotel(once where i booked and once where i stayed this one)

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kevin123NJ
Reviewed 29 August 2009

My friend bailed last minute and left my in search of a room @ 2am. Took the 1st place that had vacancy on a Friday night. Desk clerk was nice enough. Room was a little cramped. They added to much cheap furniture in attempt to make it look better then it is (Putting lipstick on a pig). AC unit was beat to hell but worked. The bed was hard but the bedding was clean and unused. No coffee maker! Overall not the worst. Room was quiet, bug free and had a key card door lock (No door peep hole though) and that is what is most important in the class of motel

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 August 2009

First off, if you are reading this then you are obviously looking for a cheap place to stay that is decent. This place is. I paid $106 on a Saturday night, so you know what to expect. Yes, the room was small ... yes, it needs an update and some freshening up.

But, all of the basics were in place. The bed was comfortable. Everything in the room worked. It had a mini fridge, a microwave, and an iron/ironing board in the room. (note: the hotel does NOT supply shampoo/toothpaste etc in the room ... only 2 mini bars of soap) ... The AC in the room worked very well, and was quiet. I didn't fear for my health/safety when I was there. So, as far as I am concerned it was money well spent.

I was working in Atlantic City on Saturday night and Sunday afternoon. I needed a place to crash Saturday night and this place did the job. I stay in alot of hotels, and I have stayed in worse places than this.

I got back to the room around 2 am on Saturday and is was quiet/safe. Had no problem finding a parking spot.

The only complaint that I have is that they advertise wireless internet, and my laptop didn't pick up a signal. Not a big deal, but just pointing it out.

Also, as others have mentioned, there are 2 Rodeway Inns VERY close to each other. This is the 2nd Rodeway Inn that you will see if you are coming down Rt 30 East (White Horse Pike). It could be confusing to some (and there is a 3rd Rodeway Inn further down the road too ... odd).

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank ClubGuy9
Reviewed 15 July 2009

Stayed at the Rodeway Inn 547 White Horse Pike on the 12th and 13th of July, 2009.
it looks a bit rough but its really very nice when you get into your room.
Very clean, and comfortable bed, it has a fridge and microwave, with the air on you dont even hear the traffic out on RT 30 (white horse pike).

now for handicapped travelers you might think twice before staying here,, you have a walkin shower but no hand rails for the toilet,, thats a bit rough for those of us who need a bit of help getting up.

but other than that , its just fine and Sunday to Thursday you can on the website and get it for $40 plus tax.

i do recommend

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank carolw6855
A TripAdvisor Member
Urbana, Illinois
Reviewed 17 January 2006

Decent place to stay after a day of gambling. Beds are comfortable, plenty of hot water in the shower, TV with cable, even wireless internet! I would stay here again if I was planning to be in Atlantic City for a few days.

• Stayed: January 2006