Royal Lodge
ClarionHotels
US$55
US$102
Hampton.com
Garden State Inn(Absecon)(Great Value!)
US$49
US$40
US$39
US$56
US$113
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 26 May 2014

This was by far the worst place I have ever stayed. I called for a one night stay and they stated the price was 129.00. When I got there it was increased to 199.00. The service was terrible. Owner stated I could check in by 11:00pm I was there at 10:45am and I could an extra bed. I wasn't able to check in until 2:00pm then the extra bed was a joke. The toilet leaked and piss was on the bathroom floor. The whole room smelled awful. The so called hot tub was old and had stains. The carpet was wet from the leaking hot tub. It did turn on but then water started shooting out from the handle and that broke off. Called the owner to fix it and all he did was turn the water off but still leaked all night. The shower was dirty and the sheets were not clean. The drawers were broken. There were broken tables in the room with no purpose. The TV or phone didn't work either. I will never stay here again and I hope no ever does. Location was great but that all I have to say positive. The owner was rude and did not give us any accommodation for all the trouble the room caused us. This place ruined my whole family trip.

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank Sgibson28
Reviewed 22 September 2013

The person that wrote the review on September 1 must be one of the staff. There is no way someone would think this was a great place. The last good review they got was in 2007 until the one from Sept 1, 2013. This place was horrible. Friends of ours booked this place. Never again! The carpet was so dirty it turned our feet black. We put towels down so we could walk on the carpet. When we asked for clean towels the maid said they would charge us. When we spoke with the manager he said we would not be charged. The bathroom was filthy. The shower curtain had mold on it. There was pubic hair on the floor. There were holes in the chairs and cigarette burns everywhere. We actually left early because the place was so filthy. There was a sign when we checked in that said "No refunds". So why complain. They would not have gave us our money back anyway. STAY AWAY! I wish they had a rating on here that said "Stay Away"!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Bren0512
Reviewed 2 September 2013

We stayed at the Royal Lodge and it was very pleasant. The owner is very nice and was very considerate to our needs. The hotel is about 10 minutes away from Atlantic City. So if your looking for a hotel that is reasonable I recommend that you stay at the Royal Lodge.

Eleonora C.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Baldev P, Owner at Royal Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2013

Eleanor, thank you for this thoughtful review. I appreciate you mentioning that I did my very best to make sure that you were taken care of during your stay. Thanks for spreading the word about us! Next time you're back in Atlantic City, our door is always open.

Until then,

Reviewed 21 August 2013

First off, I read the reviews before coming to this motel and was expecting bad but not this bad...This place had to have been the worst place I have ever stayed at! We got to the door and the window of the room was wide open, we couldn't even enter the room with our key so we decided to crawl in through the window.

The room had a "non-smoking" sign on the door but clearly was a smoking room.The room reeked of cigarettes and urine. Their were blood stains all over the sheets and pillows, the drawers even had used cups, the room clearly had not been cleaned. The bathroom was filled with delightful smells of urine, the shower had pubic hairs all over and stains on the tub.

Overall, avoid this place at all cost. You are better off sleeping in the car.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Sars04
Baldev P, Owner at Royal Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2013

I'm so sorry to hear about this. When you arrived at your room, did you let our staff know that the key didn't work and that the room wasn't cleaned? We would have promptly issued you a clean room—you definitely shouldn't have to sleep in a place where you feel uncomfortable. This is inexcusable. Above all, our guests' happiness comes first, so I want to personally apologize for this frustrating experience. Please let me know if you would like to continue this conversation. I'm happy to discuss any more comments or concerns you have.

Much appreciated,

Reviewed 22 July 2013

.upon arriving there were kids with their toys playing in front of the office door which was locked you had to ring a buzzer to get in. Asked if we could see our room first.. he told us to go one way and he went another and would meet us there but not before telling us that if we cancelled we would lose one paid day (really?)...OK ...so when we met him at the room he was walking around in the room spraying air freshener but the can was down by his leg (HE WAS TRYING TO HIDE IT!!!) the room had an awful musty smell, dirt on the carpets, blinds filthy ..this was a "non" smoking room but had burn marks on night stand and walls, curtains and lamp cover was yellow from smoke. ...bathroom dirty...tub had patch job done to it...tv , frig and microwave unplugged and TV didn't work!! so he spent about 1 hr of our vacation time in the room trying to fix it (which HE didn't) so he offered another room. ok so this room is a little cleaner ...doesn't reek too bad and TV works (but the remote was sticky and dirty!), wi fi also with cables hanging everywhere!! OMG...thankfully I brought our own comforters and sheets. During the night...holy crap thought the people above us were going to come thru the ceiling or front door(130am-330am)noisy inconsiderate people!!!...They lived there!!! shower was clogged.... was afraid to go barefoot......gross! only spent one LoNNGGGG night there and asked for refund ...no can do...well no can do this place any longer so we left and took a loss. would of much sooner stayed under the piers with the cats ...ewwwwwwww!!!
oh yah.....went for ice and the machine was broke so went to the office.....he brought out a tray from refrigerator and dumped it in a container(after having touched it AND it wasn't all the way frozen) told me to use it sparingly...OH hell No!!!! you can keep your damn ice!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cindy b

Cindy, I'm sorry to hear about your rather disappointing experience with us. Above all, our guests' happiness and well-being is always top of mind, so this review raises a red flag. I apologize if you thought the first room we showed you was untidy. I can promise you we take cleanliness very seriously — we've passed every health code test with flying colors. That being said, I'll definitely take these comments to heart.

While I'm glad you thought the second room was a bit better, I'm sorry for the loud noises you heard during the night. Did you let someone at the front know about this? We would have been happy to speak to your neighbors for you. We'd never want you to have an uncomfortable stay with us, so I just want to apologize once again. I appreciate your feedback and will be sure to look into this for you.

Much appreciated,