Scottish Inns & Suites Atlantic City Area
Relax Inn(Galloway)
Tourist Inn(Absecon)
Rest Inn(Absecon)
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 December 2012

I would give this place a C Minus. We booked online, as we always do. The price and the location are ideal and just a few minutes from the AC casinos and boardwalk. From the photos it looked nice. LOL! The room was just a bit dreary with the overwhelming smell of air freshener!! Maybe to cover up the musty order another revewer described? We could hear muffled voices of the people in the next room talking and laughing OR WHATEVER! We stayed for 4 days in the winter, and therefore brought several changes of clothes and a couple of coats. THERE WERE NO CLOSETS, NO HANGERS -- NOT EVEN A CLOTHES RACK -- OR EVEN A CLOTHES HOOK! Every hotel has some place to hang clothing, right? I inquired at the office, and was told all the rooms are like that. We had to lay clothing out on a dingy chair and over the ironing board. There were a couple of drawers under the TV armoire, but no dresser. (There was a very nice matching chair and ottoman, BUT, the upholstery was dingy with coffee or chocolate stains in plain view!!The carpet had obvious stains and needed to be shampooed, and the bathroom grout could use a good cleaning! We did, however, have a large, clean king-sized bed which was pretty comfortable.

The vanity is outside the shower/toilet, but there were no towel racks near the vanity to dry your hands! The one towel rack was in the shower. Speaking of bathrooms, the toilet needed to be flushed several times to stop the water from running. LOL!! The room was roomy with lots of potential, but I just had the impression that management could focus more on details and sprucing up the place.

Room Tip: Very close to Atlantic City, and it is probably okay for a younger couple and anyone on a strict budget. Middle-aged folks, just spend a few more dollars and get the quality we expect and deserve. LOL!
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank curtaingal
Reviewed 28 December 2012

Its dirty, ghetto & gross. Door doesn't even unlock properly, the tv doesn't work, HEAT doesn't even work. The blankets were stained and gross, & there was garbage on the floor. Oh, aaaand the whole room smells like crap. I'm driving home at 3am & taking the $ loss just to avoid the hepatitis

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank heather5689
Reviewed 23 September 2012

This was the worst hotel I ever stayed.The rooms were so musky the covers the blankets and the sheets smelled like mildew.The worker or whomever was in charge was so --------rude.If you like privacy do not even attempt it.We do not have too much money.so this was the cheapest.And you could tell .I would rather spend a little more money somewhere else.I suggest right down the street country suites and inn.I would not tell my worst enemy to stay here.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Crystal M
Reviewed 13 May 2012

I don't recommend this place. We paid an extra ten dollars to stay until 1PM. The phone rang at 11 AM because the manager who was there the next day was not informed by the man from the night before. Then, the toilet was not working. It had no water in the tank at all. It was rigged with a maxi pad inside the tank. We had emergencies to use the bathroom so we had to use the ice bucket to dump into the bowl and tank. Then, when we left we were accused of stealing the ice bucket, but it was in the bathroom the whole time. We did leave 10 min late, at 1:10, then we sat in our car before we left for 20 min, and at 1:30, the manager comes to our car, and tell us to come clean up the room or he will call the police. Actually, he was pretending he was on the phone with the police so we were harassed into doing it. There were only about 5 or 6 napkins on the floor and about 8 Q-tips. We also had accidentally ripped the paper that was on the wall because we needed to take it down to see the pass code for the internet. He wanted to charge 5 dollars for this. I told him I'd give him 50 cents. Never have I ever experienced such a ridiculous situation at a motel. He also threatened to charge another night just for an extra 10 minutes (mostly due to trying to fix/clean the toilet bowl before we left). That charge will be disputed if it occurs. I've never been asked to clean my own room in a motel. When I asked, Doesn't the housekeeper do that? He said, 'You are here for only one night.... this is not your room." Okay? I thought I was paying for services of a room and housekeeping for a night. Apparently not. Don't bother going here for the hassle.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank everil l
Reviewed 12 March 2010

We stayed for a week. The owners (the son) were great. The room was just as expected. Their was no problems. We would stay there again as soon as possible. We are hoping for this summer.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple