“How do they stay in business??”

Econo Lodge Absecon
Ranked #17 of 26 Hotels in Absecon
Reviewed 1 August 2011

I can't imagine anyone staying here twice. The room smelled awful, thin walls, there was no box spring, just a thin mattress on a piece of plywood.Our door was 2" from the floor and bugs were coming in. Blow dryer, and alarm clock was broken. The office said 1 price on phone and jacked it up $30 when we arrived! We had to wait 1 hour for the room to be ready. Don't ever bring kids unless you want them up all night listening to people having sex and dogs barking. ONLY BASIC CABLE so movies or HBO The breakfast is a lie also and i read on another website they have a pool-Don't make me laugh They mean at their other property Travelers which is dirtier than this place and thats really saying something. Go down the road to Crystal inn suites, or Best Western/Holiday Inn

Room Tip: Waste of Money
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 8 June 2010

when me and my husband got there expedia had book the wrong room i was so mad i just wantit to come back home i had to pay more to get the room i wantit it was nice the people are but other then that we would stay again the manger was nice about everything.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 February 2009

According to USPS this hotel is technically not in Absecon, but actually in Galloway. Where to begin....our sheets were stained (something red) and when we asked for new ones the maid threw it at me and refused to change it. The room was not ready upon our arrival and we waited almost an hour after check-in time. The floor was soaking wet, the light fixtures were cracked, the toilet seat contained remnants of hair from a previous guest (i.e. uncleaned), there were no tissues and the tissue container was covered in rust and completely untouchable, the windows had white streaky stains on them, there were cigarette burns on one of the blankets, and in addition to those things one of the sinks exploded on me when the faucet was turned on. Part of the fence outside kept falling down (not sure if it belonged to the hotel). On a positive note, it was the cheapest room we ever stayed at but I would not necessarily call that a value---even though it was a king size room. The bed was sleepable, despite the poor quality of linens. Finally, some websites indicated this was a 3 star hotel, however it barely had 3 walls.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank dreamkillers
Reviewed 21 January 2009

My boyfriend and I stayed here 2 nights, over this past weekend, in the mermaid jacuzzi suite. I must say, after reading the negative reviews, I was very reluctant and really expected the worst. I was pleasantly surprised though. First of all, you just can't beat the price especially for the location and having a jacuzzi suite. We arrived around 1:45pm. Check in is at 2pm so we really couldn't complain that our room wasn't finished being cleaned yet. The guy at the front desk was very nice and he said it wouldn't be more than a few more minutes. We parked our car and could see the maid finishing up, not even 2 minutes later. Because of the other reviews and because when I made my reservation, only a smoking room was available, I brought tons of cleaning products, air freshener, candles, etc. and we didn't even need them! The first thing I did was inspect the room and it was so clean! From the jacuzzi, to the bed, the floors, bathroom, etc. My boyfriend thought I was crazy- I think he was waiting for me to get out a white glove or something! The king bed was very comfy, I usually have a hard time sleeping in hotel beds but I was happily surprised with this one. And the heart shaped jacuzzi worked great. Unfortunately my camera wasn't working so I don't have any photos to share. We didn't have the free continental breakfast but I did see cereal and other items in the office when we checked in. We did use the free wireless internet though, and it worked great. I do agree that the walls were a little thin, we could hear people's conversations and the tv from next door but only if we had the heater off. And my only other minor complaint would be the lighting in the bathroom. It was very dim and somewhat dingy- not good for women applying makeup or doing their hair!! LOL. But not that big of a deal. Overall, our stay was great. We spent a lot of time in the room and never had a problem. There was even a really nice flat screen tv so we could watch the football game! We will definitely be back and I would recommend this place- just don't go into it expecting it to be the Hilton!!!

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 June 2008

I saw this hotel through expedia and went to their website to book. The room was dirt cheap so of course I booked right away. I called them the next day to confirm and suddenly OH we have no rooms for those days, we were going to email you to let you know.... When I went to their website to check the days I had booked for, they were still available for for double the price! It looks as if they had their off season prices by mistake for an on season month, told me they had no rooms left and fixed it. Do not trust them. I half expect to have to fight a charge from them on my credit card.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kohlsnake
Reviewed 8 March 2008

We rented 2 jacuzzi theme rooms (mermaid and jungle) for 2 nights. We expected the rooms to be corny - we got shabby and gross. Collectively, the rooms had broken and chipped furniture, a broken phone, the treasure chest painted on the wall in the mermaid room had the "jewels" gouged out of it leaving exposed plaster, one room had no boxspring under the mattress, one area rug was so old it curled up on the corner and we tripped over it 8 times, our door was 2" from the floor so we had to pile our suitcases in front of it to keep the draft and light out, the jacuzzis ran rusty water, the paint was peeling, and someone had previously tried to kick in our door so the lock plate and chain were hanging by one nail attached to the split in the wood in the door jamb. The walls were so thin we could hear slapping and moaning from the room next door and a dog barking in the room below us. We used our own sheets and cleaned the room with disinfectant wipes. Needless to say we checked out after the first night and got a full refund for both nights/rooms. I wish I had a camera with me - it's hard to describe how bad this place is.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled with family
3  Thank AlcindorJ
Reviewed 4 February 2008

I stayed here overnight with my friend and my boyfriend. I can't really complain-it was a relatively clean room, and it wasn't anywhere near as shady as most of the hotels near Atlantic City, and above all, it was cheap. However, the mini-freezer had something brown and unidentifiable in it-melted fudge pops, maybe. The one bed shook and squeaked when you sat on it, and the door to the room didn't shut right-even when it was locked, there was a gap between the door and the frame. It sounds bad, I guess, but for the price, in a pinch, I wouldn't rule it out for future stays. On the upside, it did have free wireless, but otherwise, it was mostly unremarkable.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled with friends