“Nice staff and comfortable rooms!”

Econo Lodge Absecon
Ranked #15 of 25 Hotels in Absecon
Atlantic City, New Jersey
“Nice staff and comfortable rooms!”
Reviewed 4 June 2012

I enjoyed my stay very much! I was tired after visiting loved one in hospital. The accommodations was nice. Lots tv channels. Large bed and hot shower. I would come back again, no doubt!

Anna M

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank amvirtual

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Bayville, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed 22 January 2012

It's obvious that when the bad reviews were written this place must have been a bit rundown.
Most of the bad reviews go back 3 and 4 years! They should be taken down, because had I read those reviews before we booked we most likely would never had come here. We are so glad we did! We stayed in room 114 the Mermaid theme room, we wound up staying an extra night. Walking into the room we were pleasantly greated by a fresh clean scent. We inspected the bedroom, jacuzzi tub area, and bathroom and were amazed at the cleanliness!
The woman at the front desk was so nice even after we bugged her with a couple of questions about the TV and internet access. She even came to the room to show us how to use the cable. When we decided to stay another day and night she waved the weekend rate for Sat and just charged the tax on the room. We've stayed in some dumps that grossed us out to the point we wouldn't remove our shoes let alone our socks. We can't wait to get away again and will be returning for many more visits. This was one of the cleanest hotels we've been to and we believe you'll think so also!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 1 August 2011

I can't imagine anyone staying here twice. The room smelled awful, thin walls, there was no box spring, just a thin mattress on a piece of plywood.Our door was 2" from the floor and bugs were coming in. Blow dryer, and alarm clock was broken. The office said 1 price on phone and jacked it up $30 when we arrived! We had to wait 1 hour for the room to be ready. Don't ever bring kids unless you want them up all night listening to people having sex and dogs barking. ONLY BASIC CABLE so movies or HBO The breakfast is a lie also and i read on another website they have a pool-Don't make me laugh They mean at their other property Travelers which is dirtier than this place and thats really saying something. Go down the road to Crystal inn suites, or Best Western/Holiday Inn

Room Tip: Waste of Money
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Bronx, New York
Reviewed 8 June 2010

when me and my husband got there expedia had book the wrong room i was so mad i just wantit to come back home i had to pay more to get the room i wantit it was nice the people are but other then that we would stay again the manger was nice about everything.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
NYC
Reviewed 18 February 2009

According to USPS this hotel is technically not in Absecon, but actually in Galloway. Where to begin....our sheets were stained (something red) and when we asked for new ones the maid threw it at me and refused to change it. The room was not ready upon our arrival and we waited almost an hour after check-in time. The floor was soaking wet, the light fixtures were cracked, the toilet seat contained remnants of hair from a previous guest (i.e. uncleaned), there were no tissues and the tissue container was covered in rust and completely untouchable, the windows had white streaky stains on them, there were cigarette burns on one of the blankets, and in addition to those things one of the sinks exploded on me when the faucet was turned on. Part of the fence outside kept falling down (not sure if it belonged to the hotel). On a positive note, it was the cheapest room we ever stayed at but I would not necessarily call that a value---even though it was a king size room. The bed was sleepable, despite the poor quality of linens. Finally, some websites indicated this was a 3 star hotel, however it barely had 3 walls.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank dreamkillers
Pennsauken, New Jersey
Reviewed 21 January 2009

My boyfriend and I stayed here 2 nights, over this past weekend, in the mermaid jacuzzi suite. I must say, after reading the negative reviews, I was very reluctant and really expected the worst. I was pleasantly surprised though. First of all, you just can't beat the price especially for the location and having a jacuzzi suite. We arrived around 1:45pm. Check in is at 2pm so we really couldn't complain that our room wasn't finished being cleaned yet. The guy at the front desk was very nice and he said it wouldn't be more than a few more minutes. We parked our car and could see the maid finishing up, not even 2 minutes later. Because of the other reviews and because when I made my reservation, only a smoking room was available, I brought tons of cleaning products, air freshener, candles, etc. and we didn't even need them! The first thing I did was inspect the room and it was so clean! From the jacuzzi, to the bed, the floors, bathroom, etc. My boyfriend thought I was crazy- I think he was waiting for me to get out a white glove or something! The king bed was very comfy, I usually have a hard time sleeping in hotel beds but I was happily surprised with this one. And the heart shaped jacuzzi worked great. Unfortunately my camera wasn't working so I don't have any photos to share. We didn't have the free continental breakfast but I did see cereal and other items in the office when we checked in. We did use the free wireless internet though, and it worked great. I do agree that the walls were a little thin, we could hear people's conversations and the tv from next door but only if we had the heater off. And my only other minor complaint would be the lighting in the bathroom. It was very dim and somewhat dingy- not good for women applying makeup or doing their hair!! LOL. But not that big of a deal. Overall, our stay was great. We spent a lot of time in the room and never had a problem. There was even a really nice flat screen tv so we could watch the football game! We will definitely be back and I would recommend this place- just don't go into it expecting it to be the Hilton!!!

• Liked — jacuzzi, comfy bed, good location
  • Disliked — lighting in bathroom, thin walls
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
PA
Reviewed 17 June 2008

I saw this hotel through expedia and went to their website to book. The room was dirt cheap so of course I booked right away. I called them the next day to confirm and suddenly OH we have no rooms for those days, we were going to email you to let you know.... When I went to their website to check the days I had booked for, they were still available for for double the price! It looks as if they had their off season prices by mistake for an on season month, told me they had no rooms left and fixed it. Do not trust them. I half expect to have to fight a charge from them on my credit card.

• Stayed June 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank kohlsnake
Also consider these accommodations in or near Absecon
Red Roof Inn & Suites Atlantic City
Garden State Inn
Garden State Inn
#3 of 25 in Absecon
Country Hearth Inn Atlantic City/Galloway
Clarion Inn & Suites Atlantic City North
Travelodge Absecon Atlantic City
Baymont Inn & Suites Galloway Atlantic City Area

Been to Econo Lodge Absecon? Share your experiences!