“It may not be glam, but it sure was cheap!”

Econo Lodge Absecon
Ranked #15 of 25 Hotels in Absecon
Philadelphia
“It may not be glam, but it sure was cheap!”
Reviewed 4 February 2008

I stayed here overnight with my friend and my boyfriend. I can't really complain-it was a relatively clean room, and it wasn't anywhere near as shady as most of the hotels near Atlantic City, and above all, it was cheap. However, the mini-freezer had something brown and unidentifiable in it-melted fudge pops, maybe. The one bed shook and squeaked when you sat on it, and the door to the room didn't shut right-even when it was locked, there was a gap between the door and the frame. It sounds bad, I guess, but for the price, in a pinch, I wouldn't rule it out for future stays. On the upside, it did have free wireless, but otherwise, it was mostly unremarkable.

• Liked — Low room rates and free internet.
  • Disliked — Creaky bed, funky door, dirty fridge.
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank doomcookie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Bronx, New York
Reviewed 28 January 2008

My boyfriend and I wanted to get away and be close to Atlantic City without paying for the gaudry overly decorated hotels. He found this hotel through Expedia or Travelocity and booked it. Their claim to fame is the themed rooms, we stood in this mermaid wonderworld, the walls were painted with intricate detail to give the illusion that your underwater. Everything was neat, clean, we didn't need room service, the towels were clean and plentyful. The ice machine was down but they filled it up from somewhere back in teh office. I mean we went to spend the time together, we had hbo, a jacuzzi, parking, and a 20 minute drive to Atlantic City. Close to Denny's, Diners, Burger King, CVS, local jaunts. yeah the walls were thing, but hell, it was competive. lol I got the feeling that alot of local people come becauase most if not ALL the license plates were Jersey plates. I would recommend it for a weekend, we went from Friday to Sunday.

• Liked — The bed was sturdy and the bathroom and jacuzzi were clean (though we brought our own cleaning products)
  • Disliked — If I HAD to pick something to gripe about, the front desk was very accomodating, their accents were strong, and we were alittle lost and couldn't understand their directions. But, Im digging REALLY deep to find something to complain about.
  • Stayed January 2008, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ladythunder777
Washington, DC
Reviewed 30 September 2007

We arrived and they had overbooked us and then sent us to their other property Travelers. It was inhabitable wallpaper coming off the walls, holes in walls, bathroom totally unsanitary. The strong smell of mold was overwhelming as well. Once the conditions were explained to the desk clerk, he was rude to the point of yelling at me because I refused to stay in the room not fit for outside animals.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank MsPRichWashington_DC
Oakland, CA
Reviewed 28 September 2007

Orbitz should be ashamed of themselves for rating this property as a 3 star. I'd give it 1.5 stars. The room smelled awful, thin walls, there was no box spring, just a thin mattress on a piece of plywood. The jacuzzi tub was still wet(whether or not it was from cleaning is up in the air). Only good thing was the proximity to Atlantic and that I wasn't bitten by any bugs. I will not be staying there again.

Stayed September 2007
5 Thank Leah6381
Also consider these accommodations in or near Absecon
Garden State Inn
Baymont Inn & Suites Galloway Atlantic City Area
Crystal Inn & Suites
Crystal Inn & Suites
#10 of 18 in Galloway

Been to Econo Lodge Absecon? Share your experiences!