Econo Lodge Absecon
US$104
HIExpress.com
US$102
Hampton.com
Garden State Inn(Absecon)(Great Value!)
US$49
US$52
Empire Inn(Absecon)
US$40
US$39
US$54
US$56
US$113
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 8 March 2008

We rented 2 jacuzzi theme rooms (mermaid and jungle) for 2 nights. We expected the rooms to be corny - we got shabby and gross. Collectively, the rooms had broken and chipped furniture, a broken phone, the treasure chest painted on the wall in the mermaid room had the "jewels" gouged out of it leaving exposed plaster, one room had no boxspring under the mattress, one area rug was so old it curled up on the corner and we tripped over it 8 times, our door was 2" from the floor so we had to pile our suitcases in front of it to keep the draft and light out, the jacuzzis ran rusty water, the paint was peeling, and someone had previously tried to kick in our door so the lock plate and chain were hanging by one nail attached to the split in the wood in the door jamb. The walls were so thin we could hear slapping and moaning from the room next door and a dog barking in the room below us. We used our own sheets and cleaned the room with disinfectant wipes. Needless to say we checked out after the first night and got a full refund for both nights/rooms. I wish I had a camera with me - it's hard to describe how bad this place is.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled with family
3  Thank AlcindorJ
Reviewed 4 February 2008

I stayed here overnight with my friend and my boyfriend. I can't really complain-it was a relatively clean room, and it wasn't anywhere near as shady as most of the hotels near Atlantic City, and above all, it was cheap. However, the mini-freezer had something brown and unidentifiable in it-melted fudge pops, maybe. The one bed shook and squeaked when you sat on it, and the door to the room didn't shut right-even when it was locked, there was a gap between the door and the frame. It sounds bad, I guess, but for the price, in a pinch, I wouldn't rule it out for future stays. On the upside, it did have free wireless, but otherwise, it was mostly unremarkable.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank doomcookie
Reviewed 28 January 2008

My boyfriend and I wanted to get away and be close to Atlantic City without paying for the gaudry overly decorated hotels. He found this hotel through Expedia or Travelocity and booked it. Their claim to fame is the themed rooms, we stood in this mermaid wonderworld, the walls were painted with intricate detail to give the illusion that your underwater. Everything was neat, clean, we didn't need room service, the towels were clean and plentyful. The ice machine was down but they filled it up from somewhere back in teh office. I mean we went to spend the time together, we had hbo, a jacuzzi, parking, and a 20 minute drive to Atlantic City. Close to Denny's, Diners, Burger King, CVS, local jaunts. yeah the walls were thing, but hell, it was competive. lol I got the feeling that alot of local people come becauase most if not ALL the license plates were Jersey plates. I would recommend it for a weekend, we went from Friday to Sunday.

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ladythunder777
Reviewed 30 September 2007

We arrived and they had overbooked us and then sent us to their other property Travelers. It was inhabitable wallpaper coming off the walls, holes in walls, bathroom totally unsanitary. The strong smell of mold was overwhelming as well. Once the conditions were explained to the desk clerk, he was rude to the point of yelling at me because I refused to stay in the room not fit for outside animals.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank MsPRichWashington_DC
Reviewed 28 September 2007

Orbitz should be ashamed of themselves for rating this property as a 3 star. I'd give it 1.5 stars. The room smelled awful, thin walls, there was no box spring, just a thin mattress on a piece of plywood. The jacuzzi tub was still wet(whether or not it was from cleaning is up in the air). Only good thing was the proximity to Atlantic and that I wasn't bitten by any bugs. I will not be staying there again.

Stayed: September 2007