“Saved the day and weekend for family getaway after booking at another hotel”
Review of Garden State Inn

Garden State Inn
Ranked #3 of 25 Hotels in Absecon
Aldan, Pennsylvania
“Saved the day and weekend for family getaway after booking at another hotel”
Reviewed 30 September 2012

What a weekend saver, I booked at a local hotel called Superlodge which was a waste of my money. I booked it through Atlantic city hotel experts and was charged for the 2 nights in advance with no refunds available. Well, when we arrived at the hotel, it was not what we saw in the pictures. In fact my wife refused to stay, so I drove up the rode and found the Best Western. It was like night and day between the hotels, the Best Western was very clean and spacious. I told the clerk my situation and asked could he give me some type of discount since I had already spent and wasted money on the Superlodge hotel and he gave me a good deal on my two night stay. We were very impressed with Best Western. Be careful booking hotels without reading reviews or seeing hotel, you will save a lot of money. I will never book without seeing the actual hotel or probably won't use the Atlantic city hotel experts again. Thanks for saving the weekend for my family Best Western.

Room Tip: Don't ever book a hotel without seeing hotel or reading the customer reviews.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Carteret, New Jersey
Reviewed 23 September 2012

I love the Best Western Garden State Inn and stay there whenever I'm in the area. The rooms are spacious, comfortable and clean. It's perfect for a getaway. The staff is helpful and friendly and I would recommend this hotel to anyone visit the Atlantic City area. For those who love AC, the hotel is about a 10 minute ride from the boardwalk. The Best Western Garden State in provides a great stay, at a great value

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Bronx, New York
Reviewed 27 August 2012

Didn't know what to expect but all was good. Greeted with a smile and easy check-in. stayed 2 nights. Room was clean and the bathroom was larger than expected with a Jacuzzi tub. Bed (king) was comfortable with many pillows. room had a flat screen tv, table with 2 chairs. real closet with a door. microwave, refrig and a mini sink. wifi in the room. Pool (but did not use) About 7 miles to the boardwalk and casinos. Breakfast was a little more than continental. waffles, bagels, sausage, eggs, cold cereal. Close to some fast food restaurants and Shoprite grocery store. You must have a car. Yes, i will return to this property and recommend to others.

Room Tip: if you can't do stairs request a room on the first floor for this is a 2 story motel.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Bristol, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 22 August 2012

Clean well appointed rooms with out door pool. Beds are very comfortable. Staff is friendly and helpful. Good breakfast. Grate and quite place for family to stay away from AC. Close to Shop rite and resturanets.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 20 August 2012

Nothing spectacular, just what you'd expect from a mid range motel. It has good driving access to Atlantic City, about 12-14 minutes. White Horse Pike is a barrier divided hiway, you can't make a left turn to change directions on it. That's very ackward returning from Atl. City to the hotel. There is a variety of restaraunts nearby including a 5 guys. Continental breakfast is included, but the same old boiled sausages get very old after a few days. They do not have a restaurant.

Would I stay here again, yes.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
Cold Spring, New York
Reviewed 9 August 2012

On par with other Best Westerns; Clean and well laid out rooms and helpful desk/maid staff. There was another I'd been at that had a small breakfast area but if your not rude and impatient you can deal with it. Staff politely refilled depleted items quickly. I will be back for Casino show trips since they're only 15 minutes away and the room rates are excellent for peak-of-season. This is the only Best Western I'd been in that didn't have a workout facility. There's a huge gym no hotel could have that I used only a block walk away...It would be nice if the Inn could negotiate a preferred rate for customers they sent there, but less facilities means lesser room rates so I'm ok with that.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 August 2012

I came here with my family, including 2, 12 year old girls. As soon as we pulled in and saw "drug deals" in the parking lot there was no way in holy hell I would ever stay there.

The man at the front desk was very rude when I went to cancel. He must love the bags of garbage and fecal matter on the sidewalks.

If you have children, book somewhere else.

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank Tara1754
31048, Manager at Garden State Inn, responded to this review, 10 August 2012
Dear Customer,

Thank you for giving the feedback regarding your recent stay at our property.

Ray
Front Desk Manager
BEST WESTERN Garden State Inn
Also consider these accommodations in or near Absecon
Clarion Inn & Suites Atlantic City North
Holiday Inn Express Absecon - Atlantic City Area
Red Roof Inn & Suites Atlantic City
Travelodge Absecon Atlantic City
Comfort Inn & Suites West Atlantic City
Country Hearth Inn Atlantic City/Galloway

Been to Garden State Inn? Share your experiences!