“Great Customer Service by Jay”

Ranked #3 of 25 Hotels in Absecon
Hollis, NY
“Great Customer Service by Jay”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

After staying at the large Casino Hotels for many years,in Atlantic City, NJ I noticed at some hotels the maintenance, cleanliness of the rooms and customer service have changed in the worse condition. I decided to try something new by staying at a smaller hotel. A Pastor at church mentioned, her and church members stayed at Best Western when they were away for Ministry. I think they were in Michigan. She said, her thoughts are still there. I thought, God answers prayers, that's my answer, I'll visit the one near Atlantic City. I checked the reviews on various web sites and was pleased. Everyone gave high scores for cleanliness. That's very important for Guest. I called the Hotel in Absecon, NJ several times and asked many questions to assure my stay would be satisfactory. Each time I called, Jay picked up the phone, that impressed me. He was patient each time. He even multi-task, with me on the phone while customers were at the hotel. I was very impressed with his service and dedication. We need everyone who works in the customer service field to have the caring attitude of ownership at their job. I arrived, met Jay at the front desk. He was polite, patient and professional. He's a GREAT person first! Then it carries on in his work. My stay was satisfactory because everything was clean and comfortable. I booked several more visits for vacation time this year. I'm telling people I meet in Atlantic City to stay there when I hear their complaints about other hotels, they agreed. Jay deserves ownership, at least becoming an Executive to train others customer service. Good job BW, Jay is a GREAT ONE.

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Thebest12go
31048, Manager at BEST WESTERN Garden State Inn, responded to this review, 26 July 2014

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 1609-645-0697.

Ray & Jay
BEST WESTERN Garden State Inn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Atlantic City, New Jersey
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We stayed here on a Friday rather than spend $250 at one of the AC casino hotels, I'm sorry I didn't spend the extra money. For some reason this property got very good reviews so I went for it. I've stayed at other BW properties in the past and was very satisfied. Having been a former travel agent, I've been in the best and the worst, this is way down on the list. Beds were hard (picture Ricky Ricardo flopping on the hard bed in the Italy episode) there were burnt matches on the floor.so obviously the non smoking room I requested was ignored and the room was never vacuumed. The bathroom was the only thing about this room that was clean, Although the showerhead was so low my husband had to crouch down to wash his hair. The breakfast was edible but just enough to keep us satisfied until we got to Dennys. The waffle iron was broken so when I flipped it over, the batter went everywhere. We were so glad to leave this place. I don't recommend staying here. I'm very surprised this was a Best Western, it was more like a crappy Super 8.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Paterna, Spain
Reviewed 18 July 2014

The hotel is clean located close to beach and Atlantic city the hotel staff is very helpful and friendly the wi fi works well in the room and I do recommend this hotel to everyone and my friends and father in law stayed there and also enjoyed his stay there

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank John G

DOVER
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Nothing worked checked out a day early because we could not sleep in the bed one more night. Pool was broken room not ready on arrival and the jacuzzi tub jets barely worked. The bed should have been replaced years ago. It was the worst hotel I ever stayed at.

1 Thank 471annemariem

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 1609-645-0697.

United States
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Clogged toilet at check in. Manager on duty gave us a plunger to take care of problem. The room was smelly. We checked in late at night and had to endure this most horrible experience. Breakfast was mediocre - cold home fries, okay waffles, stale bagels, "scrambled eggs" and something that looked like sausage fried in batter. Coffee and tea. Please DO NOT stay here! I promised manager I would leave a negative review.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

2 Thank Nori K
31048, Manager at BEST WESTERN Garden State Inn, responded to this review, 17 July 2014

Douglassville
Reviewed 16 July 2014

This hotel was nice for an overnight trip to AC - the bus will take you into AC- only stops every two hours and not at the Best Western - but at the Holiday Inn Express next door. The room was clean and comfortable. The breakfast was not what I was hoping, but ok.

Dear Gust,

Reviewed 12 July 2014

This hotel is very comfortable and cozy . The pool was nice and clean , hotel staff is friendly and helpful with questions and concerns. This hotel is five minutes from the shore and night life in ac . I do recommend this hotel to anymore .

Dear Gust,

BEST WESTERN Garden State Inn
Also consider these accommodations in or near Absecon
Holiday Inn Express Absecon - Atlantic City Area
Red Roof Inn & Suites Atlantic City
Clarion Inn & Suites Atlantic City North
Travelodge Absecon Atlantic City
Baymont Inn & Suites Galloway Atlantic City Area
Country Hearth Inn Atlantic City/Galloway

Been to BEST WESTERN Garden State Inn? Share your experiences!