“Nothing special”

Cuisines: Japanese
Doylestown, Pennsylvania
“Nothing special”
Reviewed 18 October 2012

We had dinner at Mt. Fuji on Saturday night. Although we arrived a little early (around 6:30), the place was empty with the exception of a bachelorette party at one of the hibachi tables. The staff was nice, and very attentive. But we were a little concerned about the place being empty on a Saturday night, so we decided to eat from the cooked menu, just in case the turnover on the raw fish left it a little less than fresh.

We ordered an assortment of dishes - salmon teriyaki, vegetable tempura, chicken udon, and chicken tonkatsu. All of the dishes were prepared as if cooked by someone who was familiar with Japanese cuisine, but either didn't really know how it was prepared or was going for some king of Japanese/Korean/Chinese fusion thing. The teriyaki sauce on the salmon was thin and lacked flavor, the sauce for the tempura was prepared with added ginger, and the tonkatsu was served ina big bowl over fried rice, with vegetables piled on top like Korean Bi Bim Bop. Nothing was terrible, but no one really enjoyed the meal either.

So if you REALLY have a craving for Japanese, and there is no other choice locally, this is Ok. But I wouldn't go out of my way for it based on this experience. But we didn't try the sushi or hibachi, so maybe our menu choices didn't show the restaurant's strengths, either.

New York City, New York
“Best. Restaurant. Ever.”
Reviewed 11 March 2012

If you love excitement, great food, and an experience you'll never forget, then this is is the place for you! I went here once for my birthday, and even when you walk in it is an incredible thing. The food there was amazing, and the waiters are incredibly nice and friendly. There is a lot to do here, and I highly recommend this restaurant to anybody.

• Visited July 2011
1 Thank Jenna C
New Jersey, USA
“Average”
Reviewed 25 August 2010

I love sushi and Japanese cuisine. Mountain Fuji is neither a revelation nor a disappointment. We went with a larger group of seven, and it was all ok, - average. I may go back because there are not too many choices in the area. We did not do the hibachi. It's BYOB, I learned. No discount for people from the Marriott.

1 Thank Nemak
nj
“Warning - avoid the "white tuna" hibachi”
Reviewed 22 November 2009

I had an otherwise pleasant meal here last week but woke up in the morning to 2 straight days of oily diarrhea. Turns out the expensive "white tuna" hibachi is a cheap cut of escolar, a fish that is banned in many countries including Japan and known to make you sick 100% of the time!! I wish there was some legal recourse I could take against them however I will settle for sharing my awful experience with everyone I meet.

2 Thank finediner0079
Tolland, CT
“GReat show and great food”
Reviewed 2 May 2009

Great time for the family and the food quality for a hibachi steak house was wll above average. No liquor license, but you can BYOB. Great Sushi as well.