“Not Authentic Japanese Cuisine”
Review of Mountain Fuji

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Mountain Fuji
Ranked #15 of 54 Restaurants in Absecon
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 9 November 2013

I used to live in Japan, and this is not authentic Japanese cuisine. I think, perhaps, the chefs may be Chinese. The sauces are a bit too heavy to be Japanese. We had the tuna with crabmeat sushi--the tuna was mushy and the sushi wasn't rolled tightly. The miso soup was good but the tofu pieces so tiny. The ginger salad dressing was delicious but, again, a little heavy-handed with the serving. We both had shrimp hibachi (they offer a lunch and dinner serving) with vegetables and fried rice. The chef cooked all the vegetables together leaving some cooked too much and some crunchy. I bragged to my friend about having mochi ice cream for dessert--their's was so old that the sweet rice was crunchy. I'm sure this is a great place for a gang to go for a night out of fun (BYOB), but for a good Japanese meal . . . go elsewhere.

Reviewed 25 August 2013

On way to AC, stop at this place. Not only will this route provide a shortcut, but the hibachi food and presentation is better than any I've experienced- and I've had a lot.

Reviewed 5 August 2013

This restaurant has a full sushi and restaurant menu as well as hibachi. On this occasion, we went hibachi.
If you have gone to a hibachi restaurant, you know what you will get. It is the same routine from the cracked eggs and onion volcano to the mouth food toss.
It was well executed and the food was tasty, but I can't say that there was andything to distinguish them from other hibachi spots.
The staff as friendly and accomodating.

Reviewed 18 October 2012

We had dinner at Mt. Fuji on Saturday night. Although we arrived a little early (around 6:30), the place was empty with the exception of a bachelorette party at one of the hibachi tables. The staff was nice, and very attentive. But we were a little concerned about the place being empty on a Saturday night, so we decided to eat from the cooked menu, just in case the turnover on the raw fish left it a little less than fresh.

We ordered an assortment of dishes - salmon teriyaki, vegetable tempura, chicken udon, and chicken tonkatsu. All of the dishes were prepared as if cooked by someone who was familiar with Japanese cuisine, but either didn't really know how it was prepared or was going for some king of Japanese/Korean/Chinese fusion thing. The teriyaki sauce on the salmon was thin and lacked flavor, the sauce for the tempura was prepared with added ginger, and the tonkatsu was served ina big bowl over fried rice, with vegetables piled on top like Korean Bi Bim Bop. Nothing was terrible, but no one really enjoyed the meal either.

So if you REALLY have a craving for Japanese, and there is no other choice locally, this is Ok. But I wouldn't go out of my way for it based on this experience. But we didn't try the sushi or hibachi, so maybe our menu choices didn't show the restaurant's strengths, either.

Reviewed 11 March 2012

If you love excitement, great food, and an experience you'll never forget, then this is is the place for you! I went here once for my birthday, and even when you walk in it is an incredible thing. The food there was amazing, and the waiters are incredibly nice and friendly. There is a lot to do here, and I highly recommend this restaurant to anybody.

1  Thank Jenna C