“Very dissapointing experience!”

Quality Inn & Suites Atlantic City Marina District
Ranked #11 of 25 Hotels in Absecon
Reviewed 5 March 2012

Well for starters... you walk into the front desk area and see 2 grungy, hillbilly, looking Indians manning the desk... and staring at Video screens while you talk to them... hmmm... I wonder what they are looking at? Anyway, they really give you the sense that maybe I made a mistake reserving this place? Oh well...we'll tried it out... big mistake!... Always go with your gut! We checked in... got our keys... went to room... Room wasn't ready!... So, we went back to desk - got another room - they said "Sorry about that - we will upgrade you to a better suite"... we thought - Oh wow!... thanks! What a piece of Crap!... Room was Very cold, dirty and had a weird smell to it... Some upgrade!"... We lit incense to camouflage the strange smell... but... as we looked around... we found more quality... Stains on carpet... Freezing bathroom... Zombie looking maids working the rooms... shower head was rusted... holes in walls... tub stopper didn't work, Hair dryers On & OFF button... defective!... "you had to keep pushing in the ON button in order to keep using the damn thing!" Ironing board looked like it was found in the trash somewhere... it kept falling apart as soon as you put a little pressure on it plus, iron kept leaking water..." refrigerator in room kept making an annoying ticking sound. Partition make shift wall... which separates the couch area with the bedding area was flimsy... "made out of cardboard - if you bump into this partition... it may easily fall... not secure at all... There is NO QUALITY at the Abescon Quality Inn. Pure CRAP! Stay somewhere else!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jake L

Reviewed 25 February 2012

There are so many hotels in and near AC w/ bed bugs, my primary focus was tracking down a hotel that DID NOT appear on the bedbugregistry.com site -- this is why I chose this hotel. The Quality Inn website also boasted about this property having been recently renovated, so I expected to get a decent room. This motel (used to be the Econo Lodge) was actually a 2-story walk up, not what I was expecting. My room was labeled as non-smoking, yet there was an ashtray in the room. Also, the bed linens and carpet had cigarette burns in them. While conducting my very thorough bed bug inspection, I found many different strands of hair under the sheets on the mattress cover. This totally grossed me out to no end -- Even in my "freshly cleaned sheets" I still found strands of hair. Not sure if they ever clean the mattress covers or blankets or anything but it definitely grossed me out and I had a difficult time falling asleep b/c I didn't feel comfortable in the bed. The tags on the mattress said EconoLodge, which means even though the rooms were renovated for the Quality Inn, the beds were never replaced.

Also the drain in both the bathtub and the sink were extremely slow. While brushing my teeth, the sink was almost completely filled w/ water. While taking about a 10 min shower, I was standing in water probably about 2-3 inches deep because of the slow drainage. Also, the walls were pretty thin, as I could hear the doors from the other tenants slamming shut when the other customers were leaving their rooms. The wifi was extremely slow. I would definitely NOT recommend anyone to stay here.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 November 2011

We stayed at this hotel in October. The hotel itself was not bad but the room was not a room that should of been sold. Our room had a desk light that where the bulb is that whole part was hanging out of the light and leaning over. We could of gotten shocked. The smoke detector was missing and wires hanging overhead. There was an 1/2 of dust on the headboard and in other inconspicuous spaces. There was stuff splattered on the inside door. It was a really poor experience. When I checked out I looked at the bill and disputed the amount and he said this is what I told you. I said but I had a coupon and you told me that you would give me a discount for our second night. He did nothing. Breakfast was not the standard Choice breakfast, they did not have all the options. I did file a complaint with Choice and got a letter but never heard from the manager. There are a lot of other properties in the area and I wish we would of stayed at one.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 October 2011

We stayed here in mid-August. Except for the pillow covers, this is a nice clean place. The pillow covers under the pillowcases were stained and dirty. The front desk had to search to get clean ones. The housekeeping staff does not speak English. Since we had only one bed in the room, we could not get housekeeping to leave 4 sets of towels. Breakfast is what you would expect, adequate. Not sure if we would stay here again or not.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank coloniegolfer
Reviewed 27 September 2011

Compared to the other hotels I've stayed at on White Horse pike (journey's, china, liberty, etc) this was totally MODERN & clean. No funky smells,no holes in the wall, no ants, no furniture from the 70's. There was a tiny bit of mildew in the corners of the bathroom because there is not an adequate ventilation fan in there. Other than that (and that's nothing compared to the little independently owned hotels on that strip of highway) I have NO complaints. Be warned that they do accept pets. When we first walked in the room there was slight hint of dog and smoke but it went away immedietly when we turned on the air conditioner. Property is well maintained. Man at the front desk was very nice. I would absolutely stay here again.

10 minute drive to casinos. Offered free breakfast but did not get up in time. Large modern tv. Fridge, microwave, iron, coffee maker, hair dryer in all basic rooms. Lots of tv channels and HBO.

Room Tip: I stayed in B building, by the pool. Room was quite except for the low flying aircraft.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 September 2011

There are lots of hotels along East White Horse Pike but this hotel is worth staying in. The rooms are clean, there is an excellent complimentary breakfast, the pool is clean and the staff are very helpful and friendly. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 August 2011

excellent service, clean and . the staff are very friendly .It was pleasantly surprised! just got back from a 3 night stay at Quality Inn Absecon i must say, i had a great stay. the room was clean and spacious, the staff was very friendly and helpful, and the location was great. the breakfast was a little small, but adequate, and the staff were very attentive in making sure it stayed full. the pool was clean, and heated, i would def recommend staying here. Front desk clerk took only minuet for register us. and he has all answer about this area. Bye the way town name is Galloway not the Absecon and that’s why our GPS tooks us wrong.very safe place on white horse pike.

Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Absecon
Clarion Inn & Suites Atlantic City North
Garden State Inn
Garden State Inn
#3 of 25 in Absecon
Baymont Inn & Suites Galloway Atlantic City Area
Travelodge Absecon Atlantic City
Red Roof Inn & Suites Atlantic City
Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlantic City/Egg Harbor Township
Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlant...
#1 of 8 in Egg Harbor Township

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Atlantic City Marina District? Share your experiences!