Quality Inn & Suites Atlantic City Marina District
Ranked #13 of 26 Hotels in Absecon
Reviewed 19 October 2013 via mobile

The hotel rooms are fine but the bathroom sucks , water clogged and smells of urine. Rooms not cleaned well. The house keeping staff knocks in the morning and will not take no for an answer. The bathroom doors are also rusted and stinks. They need to paint the rooms and refurbish it.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kunalgh

Reviewed 3 October 2013

We needed to stay in the Atlantic city area with two small dogs and found very few hotels available. Even though the reviews were very mixed, we decided to take a chance on Quality Inn. We were very disappointed. The room had a mildewed odor which was worst in the bathroom. The tub was stained and the shower curtain had dark, mildew stained spots. The rug felt damp and had several stains. There were ants on the sink. The "flat TV" advertised was exactly that: a flat front large tube TV, not a flat screen TV: misleading! Only one of us could get the advertised free wifi in the room. In addition, dogs were $30 extra per night and were not allowed in the lobby. This brought the cost up to comparable hotels that do not advertise themselves as "pet friendly". We were supposed to stay here again for Thanksgiving weekend, but we already changed our reservation.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Lisa F
Reviewed 24 September 2013

I spent one pleasant night at this hotel, left the premises early early (before its generous noon checkout) to photograph at a nearby nature refuge. I got a flat tire on the way back and walked back to the hotel to let them know and to grab my cell phone. I said that I would check out now (about 1030) since I didn't know how long it would take AAA to respond and change out the tire.

They kindly stored my luggage for me until the car was fixed and let me take a shower in an unused room so I wouldn't have to fly back to my home town feeling grungy. Very impressed with this kindness.

Room Tip: White horse pike (rt 30) is heavily trafficked but my room on ground floor was quite quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 August 2013

This hotel was sweet. Good room and the staff was wonderful. My friends are traveling more and we want to only stay at Choice hotels. It was not as great as the Comfort Inn in Pottstown pa but we still enjoyed our selves.

Thanks for a great stay

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 August 2013 via mobile

I've came back here because my previous stays were good . This time had to kill spiders more than once . Upon notifying management was giving bug spray not a room change. Wasn't internet . Was told it was on an it was my devices . 2 iPads an 2 phones say no internet there wasnt. I have kids there can't be spiders an no WiFi when their inside an bugs are jumping on Ur screen . Beds are comfy tho . Will never stay again .There are places very close to stay for the $ with better amenities just drive 1/8 mile more unless you like bugs .

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Travelersdelight8109
Reviewed 23 July 2013

Pretty much your basic hotel nothing special they just upgraded to bigger tv and looks like they are making an effort to fix it up a bit breakfast is pretty is pretty good and ac works great also has a clean looking pool

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Matthew M
Reviewed 19 July 2013

I had made reservations through an online hotel program and trusted their reputation. I have stayed at "Quality Inns" many times with husband and/or family and they were modestly comfortable and clean making my choice this one not too difficult. I wonder if Quality Inn has any idea what a reputation they are getting from this horrendous venue? I would not bring my pet to this place even giving the choice! I have photos to prove how unbelievable this room was. I arrived around 9 pm after very a stressful drive from DC to NJ in 4 th of July traffic, so I thought I might be overreacting by my first impression. However light of day convinced me I must escape.There were blood stains on a filthy carpet, multiple dead bugs were smashed and scattered all over the walls, the bathroom sink was cracked in half, the furniture had what appeared to be animal pee stains along the lower edges, the lamp shade was crushed and had burn marks, there were multiple holes in the wall, the shower curtain rod was hung with unfinished 1x 2 pieces of wood, there was an identifiable stain in the tub, most of the trim was in need of at least painting if not replacing, the air conditioner was filthy and very noisy and the microwave did not work properly. Opening the curtains revealed only more mold, dingy glass and screens, and accentuated the filth in the room. I immediately contacted my booking agent, explained my situation and he was able manage a refund less 1 day for me evacuate the premises immediately. I was offered a new room from the front desk, but just opening the door I could see no improvement. To say I had tremendous difficulty finding another room on July 3rd is an understatement. I finally located the last room in my general location, paid 3 times as much, but was glad to be there. Do not let anyone talk you into this hotel no matter how desperate you are! I can say I would have slept in my car even at temperatures soaring into 100 degrees rather than spend another moment in this hotel. It is worth noting when I checked out another disgruntled person was also checking out and I witnessed 2 other tenants changing rooms. Apparently there we're a lot of unhappy customers at this hotel.

Room Tip: Do serious research prior to booking, read reviews, don't bank on chain hotels reputation.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo