“Nice Place Close to AC”

Red Roof Inn & Suites Atlantic City
Ranked #8 of 26 Hotels in Absecon
Reviewed 21 August 2013 via mobile

Happy to find this decent hotel so close to AC. The room was clean and comfortable, nice staff and a very nice complimentary breakfast. There was good coffee available all day and a free weekend shuttle to the boardwalk. Great place for a night or two - will stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013
fairfieldinnacnorth, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Atlantic City, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2013

Thank you for your kind comments regarding your recent stay with us. We are so pleased that you had an enjoyable time, and we hope to see you again in the future.

Laurel DeViney

Reviewed 18 August 2013

This is, I believe, only the second Fairfield Inn that I've stated at and this one was about 10x better than the previous. The check-in was very quick, the staff was extremely nice and knowledgeable, and the hotel is right around 15 minutes from Atlantic City. The staff members were also saying hi and were pleasant.

ROOM (525)

The room was nice and spacious. The room had a king bed, 2 night stands, desk and chair, sofa chair and ottoman, closet and dresser, fridge, microwave, in-room safe, coffee maker, hair dryer, iron and board, plenty of electrical outlets, and free WIFI. The air condition worked amazingly great.

GYM

The gym was nothing special and small, but it is better than nothing. There were 2 treadmills, 1 elliptical, 1 bike, 1 bench, and dumbbells up to 50 pounds.

FOOD

This hotel did their own little thing and would put out a light snack/meal around 5 PM and when it was gone it was gone. One night they had a couple crock pots of stew and another night a couple crock pots of chili. Both nights they also had corn bread. If you want this light snack then you had better be down in the eating area early and waiting as it goes within minutes.

The breakfast buffet was good and is included in the hotel stay. It runs M-F from 6:30-9:30 AM and Sat-Sun 7-10 AM. They had eggs, sausage, oatmeal, make your own waffle, fresh fruit mix and whole apples and bananas, assorted breads/pastries, yogurt, and assorted juices and coffee. I was impressed with the amount of food they had at the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank JonnyBlaze777

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear that you found our staff very courteous and helpful, the room spacious, and our breakfast bountiful. I am also happy to hear that you enjoyed our evening reception.

Our fitness room is outfitted with the basics to keep you on track for your fitness routine. I am happy to hear you enjoyed using it.

We strive everyday to make our guests feel welcomed, and to enjoy our facility. I am glad to hear that during your stay we met our goal. I hope to see you again in the future.

Laurel DeViney

Reviewed 17 August 2013

We were in a room facing the road and the noise is noticeable. We had a sofabed but found that NO bedding was provided and the staff could only find one ratty blanket to give us. Towels etc. are worn out. The room was OK but the elevator was dirty and jerked when starting/stopping. Breakfast was a mob scene, no seating.
We complained and were refunded our money.

Room Tip: Try another hotel or ask for a room facing the back.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Mary O
Reviewed 12 August 2013 via mobile

Takes about 8 mins to get to AC hotel is nice pretty clean towels in short supply it seems.breakfast is ok get there early cause it goes fast parking is also hard to get they could really use some security at night

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 8 August 2013

I am a NJ resident. This was a last minute pick of a hotel because our friends were staying in Margate and did not have enough room for us and our 2 kids. The surrounding area is not the best. The hotel building itself is old, but cosmetically the entire place is completely remodeled. The lobby is very nice, clean. Easy check in and staff was nice and helpful. New carpeting everywhere. Our room was clean, ( although while checking in the guy in front of us was complaining his room was not clean). The bed linens are clean and well maintained. My only concern was the heavy mold smell in the bathroom when the door is closed, my nose is sensitive to smell, my husband said it was not that bad) but it certainly did smell. I would rate this hotel very high on being clean, and only having minor issues. Having two small kids, it is important. Because we had such bad experiences in the past, I always run up and check the room out first before I unload all our stuff. If we have to stay in the area again, I would choose this hotel. Its worth it for the price, great value and clean. THey need to replace the bathroom doors.

Room Tip: Select a room away from the elevator.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 July 2013

My friend and I visited Atlantic City and we decided to stay out of the city to keep the budget down. This hotel delivers what is supposed to deliver. We will stay here again.
First, the price is very reasonable. We stayed in a room with two beds. What we paid for two nights can only be paid for one night for a hotel in the city. The hotel itself is only 5 miles away from the city and from our room, the skyline of the city is clearly visible. The commute to the city is very acceptable. The hotel has a pool for playing. I do see families bringing food and drink with a cooler (the hotel is very thoughtful to have a fridge outside serving ice if you need any for your cooler) and had a nice pool-side picnic. It was very relaxing sitting there watching the families enjoying their time and having fun. Breakfast was standard: scrambled eggs, hard boiled eggs, waffles and sausage. Cannot complain. The dining area is large but we were there during a summer weekend and the hotel was booked full (I heard the front desk mentioning it) and it was a bit crowded. Coffee was served all day and icy drinks were available in the afternoon. I had a wonderful time here.

Here is the improvement that is needed for the place - waiting for the elevator is not a very pleasant experience and once you get on, it almost stops at every floor. I think the hotel should look into that. There were even times when the staff took the elevator with us and one of them could not decide whether to get in or not and make everyone wait in the elevator. I think some training for the staff to greet and interact with customers (frontdesk is fine I am talking about the ones whom you see less often, such as the room keepers etc) would do this hotel some good too.

Overall, my friend and I were both very pleased with the experience here with the price we paid. We will be back again (and I have recommened this place to other friends already) if we have another vacation near AC next time.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank BHUANG69
Reviewed 20 July 2013

The hubby and I have stayed here multiple times and never dissatisfied. We have stayed for work as well as pleasure. This visit was for a show in AC. We had booked for a Thursday night stay but still looking on line for following nights thru the weekend with no luck. We had discovered Fairfield was sold out. Upon arrival to our delight the manager Tim recognized us as frequent visitors and offered us nights for the rest of our stay. We could not have been more surprised and happy. The standard service we have come to expect here. Clean, quiet, large rooms. The gym is adequate
Breakfast has a larger variety than most. It gets pretty crowded on the weekend well it is 10 minutes from AC? Can't go wrong with this selection.

Room Tip: Higher levels are usually best choice. Eliminates above noise. However this is an older facility whe...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank EdandMags
Also consider these accommodations in or near Absecon
Garden State Inn
Holiday Inn Express Absecon - Atlantic City Area
Harrah's Resort Atlantic City
Harrah's Resort Atlantic City
#5 of 49 in Atlantic City

Been to Red Roof Inn & Suites Atlantic City? Share your experiences!