“Red Roof Inn 405 Absecon Blvd”

Red Roof Inn & Suites Atlantic City
Ranked #9 of 25 Hotels in Absecon
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

This was the most horrible hotel we ever stood at! When we first got there we went to our room, but In the elevator we noticed that the carpeting looked like it hasn't been vacuumed in a month or so. Then we went to our room and it had breaded crust from fried chicken on our white sheets and comforter also on the floor and in the garbage can.. it also had a orange stain in the bath tub that smelled like vomit and hair on the floor we asked to speak with a manager and instead they had the head of the house keeping come to our room she gave us another room. The hallway also looked like it hasn't been vacuumed in a month the room we had had 2 rolls of toilet paper not even half filled we had to ask for a roll our second night there also we had to buy our own towels to dry ourselves.. There was mildew in the shower curtain. We only slept there cause we had to it was prepaid in advance! The employees that worked there looked like they were straight from high school and didn't care! We tried a different hotel for change I would never go back there again! It's dirty stained and wouldn't even try there complimentary breakfast! It's a shame cause you are barely in the room but pay as much as you would at Holiday Inn Express. This was a wedding anniversary surprise going to Atlantic City from my Husband so I tried to be supportive but it was the most uncomfortable and disgusting stay ever!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank 123trouble

Reviewed 16 July 2014

We stayed here on a deal from Groupon ($48 including tax) to extend our vacation for an extra night since the hotel we were staying at down the Jersey Shore was booked. This hotel is in close proximity to Atlantic City and is close to fast food chains, Staples, Home Depot, supermarket, etc. all within a few driving minutes. The room was a decent size and the overall presentation of the hotel was well maintained. I wiped the counters clean and everything on my wipes remained white so I know that the rooms were maintained. Just in case you want to refreeze any ice packs from your cooler, be aware that the refrigerator in the room did not have a freezer inside of it. My family enjoyed the swimming pool and lounge chairs; the pool could have been kept cleaner on the bottom, but the patio furniture was in good condition. The comforters on the inside of the duvet covers were stained which made no difference to me since I bring my own blankets. The beds were comfortable. The shower curtain had mildew on it, but I am certain that this is not because of uncleanliness, but instead because the room and the hallways are very humid and poorly ventilated. We did not get a chance to eat breakfast, but we would definitely consider returning if I could get a good deal on a room.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed 4 nights here and we were happy with the service we received. The only compliant I have is the room key never worked when we went back in our room which was really annoying as we had to constantly have trips back Down to reception! Apart from that the location was pretty good, the bus to Atlantic city is Down the road or a 10 minute drive :) the room we stayed it was massive way big enough for the both of us! overall happy!

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank emmamousy
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I stayed here to avoid paying $500 per night at a Casino on a Saturday. I must say, I saved a ton of money and had a great experience with the management there. They welcomed me and my wife with a warm friendly greeting and helped us unload our luggage and brought it to our rooms.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Drew W
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

The hotel appears to have some problems. Lack of breakfast choices. White crusted stains on furniture. Yes WHITE! Sheets and Comforter may have been bought at a thrift shop! Why? There is no excuse for excessive stains on both. And YES the sheets and comforter are white, but the stains were brown. Yes Brown! Price is right, but the hotel is ALL WRONG!

Stayed: July 2014
4  Thank BIGELKNOWS
Reviewed 7 July 2014

This is a converted Fairfield Inn, so it's put together rather nicely.
Only two small elevators, which are very, very slow and some what temper-mental.
Breakfast had the potential to be fair, but the sell out holiday crowd made it much too crowded to obtain any food. Hotel made no attempt to add more staff and more food to keep up with the demand.
Drive to AC isn't too bad. Nothing right around hotel except a Home Depot.
Hotel was doing major renovation to several rooms. Rather than blocking off an entire floor or portion thereof, hotel continued business as usual, so we had to walk thru a hallway of major dust.
Told the front desk. They said that mgt couldn't afford to lose the business over a Holiday weekend.

Room was good. No complaints.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank bigronaldo40827
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Hello I checked in at Absecon Red Roof Inn on Saturday July 5th. I was leaving my room around 1015 pm. As leaving my room I yelled back in the room "cabs are here" in a playful manner, my voice was raised but I was in no way disrespectful to other guests. My husband came out behind me and sad yeah , him in the same playful tone as I previously joked. A lady that did not present herself as an employee very aggressively and rudely told us there are other people in our hotel. Both my husband and I were taken back by her attitude and responded together we are aware there are other guests in the hotel and we both did nothing wrong. We both used the same tone in our voice that this lady chose to initially use with us. She then told us she is the manager and we are being kicked out. She was very arrogant and used her manager title as a weapon to try and bully us when all we were doing was trying to enjoy ourselves. Once I was told she was the manager I told her it would have been nice if she was around earlier in the day when we attempted to check in , we went through 5 separate keys and could not get into our room. After standing outside our room with all our bags and after repeatedly having to go back and forth to the front desk to resolve the key problem, we were finally in our room only by a master key. I told her there was a sign for an ice machine on my floor but no ice machine. I complained that there elevators took very long and it was not possible to use the down button from the 5th floor. I also stated that there was a much larger group also having fun on the first floor since we initially checked in. If they were not equally than they were much more louder than us and we had no problem with them enjoying themselves. I voluntarily walked her to the front desk where she said she would call the cops to have us kicked out. Even though we did NOTHING wrong we were treated as trespassers on the property that we paid to sleep at that night. We were forced to sleep in our car because your manager poorly handled what she found to be a problem. I intend to share this information with as many people as possible. I called Red Roof Inn's 1800 number and left a complaint I was told to email , & call corporate first thing Monday morning. I also intend to use social media to warn any future guests about how we were treated. We are a 33 & 38 married couple and I have never felt like i was being treated more as a child than i did last night.

• Stayed: July 2014