“Pretty Good for the Price” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Travelodge Absecon Atlantic City

Travelodge Absecon Atlantic City
Ranked #7 of 25 Hotels in Absecon
Manchester Township, New Jersey
“Pretty Good for the Price”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2012

We stayed at this Hotel last night because we were in town for a Concert at the Taj. Considering it was on a Friday evening, during a holiday weekend we received excellant service. The price was pretty good, under 80 bucks and it was only a short drive to the city. I know that they are going through renovations. Here is the honest scoop. The staff was friendly and very helpful. Our room was on the 4th floor. Upon first glance it was pretty and looked clean. It had everything except a refridgerator and microwave. Once we settled in, we noticed that the room could use a good deep cleaning, the rugs were not in the best shape and it could use a bit of touchup to the walls and such. Our bathroom was spotless, our dressing area was also clean. The air conditioner worked like a charm and it also had a large screen TV. The bed was super soft and delicious, it wasn't long before we climbed in that we fell asleep. THe sheets and linens were good quality. Every floor had a drink/snack/ice area except the 4th floor, only snacks and ice. So stop off on the 3rd floor and grab a few drinks on your way up. They offer a free shuttle to the city almost every hour until close to 3am, so you can save on gas and parking. Our morning followed with free breakfast included in the room fee, hot eggs, toast, muffins, coffee and juices. There was also fresh fruit... the food was good, especially after a night of screaming and shouting to the Charlie Daniels Band! YEAH!!!!! We would stay there again, its worth the 80 bucks. NO POOL?

Room Tip: All rooms are equal, no really good view but your there for Atlantic City not a Hotel room!
2 Thank oliandstanley

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2012

We have stayed here a few times in the past 6 years and the hotel has improved each time we come down. I have read some of the reviews below and I have to say I can not agree with the very negative ones. We arrived Friday evening, check in was quick and our room was a king non smoking. We had a view of Harrah's, etc. The room itself was painted in a great color scheme, it had a small refrigerator and a microwave. It also had a work station and a great flat screen. The air conditioning worked fine, if I had to have a complaint it would be the tub was too small, but other than that I find nothing wrong with this hotel. They are revamping it so perhaps the negative reviews had a room that was not completed yet since they can not do every room at once. The hall was clean with new carpet and the sofas were also new. The breakfast is always good however, it was crowded on Sat AM but then again we were late going down and did not get there until 9:30am but the ladies/men that worked the buffet made sure things were filled. It is free for goodness sakes and they have cereal, danish,sausage, eggs, waffles, fruit, bagels, juice, coffee and tea. I have stayed places that offer OJ and danish. When we went down on Sunday AM it was not nearly as crowded b/c we were a bit early. As for loudness, you have that in every hotel no matter where you stay. There was a wedding party staying there the night we were there and it was a bit loud but it was a happy occasion. This hotel has remodeled the lobby area and breakfast area and has added green/purple outside lights. They are doing their best to improve it. I would never think twice about staying there, it was fine. No, it is not the penthouse of the Taj, but then again it is not $1000 or more a night. Keep up the good work and improvements.

Room Tip: I would ask for a king bed with a view of Atlantic City.
2 Thank crissyrod
Richmond, Virginia, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2012

I stayed at this hotel on August 25 - 27, 2012. First of all, I reserved a NON-smoking room. However, I was placed in a smoking room. The hotel would not change my room despite their error due to the fact that they were booked. Therefore, I had to remain in a smoking room and suffer from my allergies. The lights in the room were broken. There were no accommodations made for the inconvenience. I will never stay here again!

Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank PDK_12

Travellers are raving about these Absecon hotels

Marland, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2012

we stayed at this hotel in aug we like our stay we were happy with the aminities and staff breakfast was wonderful i will stay again this hotel was lot better than when we stayed last year the renovations they did seemed good flat screen tv breakfast improved staff service improved wonderful wonderful wonderful

Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Romania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2012

The hotel was more than we expected: clean, good breakfast, enough space for parking and good wifi connection. Friendly staff, good location if you use a car. Room was quite even if facing the motorway.
The only big minus was that windows can not open and air in rooms is not fresh because AC has funny smell. We didn't need to use it.

Room Tip: ask for room where window can be opened if there are any
NJ
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2012

Booked a Friday and Saturday night through the choice hotels website for this hotel due to the fact that we had to go to AC on a family emergency and it was the cheapest I could find with only a few days notice. Plus since it included breakfast, I figured I'd save even more money by not having to go out for breakfast. It still was about 300 for the two nights but it was a lot cheaper than the casinos for a summer weekend! We got to the hotel and dumped our stuff in the room before leaving to deal with family matters. I am VERY picky in hotels and immediately checked out the bathroom as I will not shower or even use the toilet if I feel the bathroom is unsanitary. There was a bucket under the sink that was nearly full from a leak under the sink but my thought was "oh well, it looks like they're renovating so whatever, you get what you pay for". The shower had what looked like blood or shampoo splattered and dripping down the walls which was disgusting. Before leaving the hotel, I went to the front desk and asked them to call housekeeping to please come wash the shower properly. It was around 11pm when we finally returned to the hotel and I found that the shower had been cleaned so I was happy about that. My mother went to take a shower while I set about unpacking our stuff for the two days. Mom gets out of the shower and attempts to turn on the TV (I don't watch tv so it didn't occur to me to turn it on) and the TV wont go on. We tried the remote and the TV itself and ended up calling the front desk. Turned out that the socket that the TV was plugged into was bad so they unplugged the lamp and plugged the tv in. In the back of my mind i was worried about a bad socket being a fire hazzard, and I was annoyed that one corner of the room was now dark but you get what you pay for and we weren't going to be in the room much anyway except to sleep. The final straw came when mom and I were sitting on our beds and she put something on the night table and I spotted something move out of the corner of my eye. I looked closer and sure enough theres a roach crawling on the nightstand. Mom got dressed, I hurriedly packed our stuff and we went right to the front desk to check out and demand a full refund since we had not slept in the room at all and didnt plan to. The woman behind the counter tried telling me that only a manager could do that and there were no managers on duty and she had no way of contacting a manager. She offered to put us in another room and my response was if there are roaches in one room I'm not taking my chances on another. At this point a bunch of people entered the lobby and when the woman realized that I had no problem making a scene in front of a dozen other customers she checked me out and wiped out the bill.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
7 Thank reeree3182
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2012

We once loved staying here but the change in ownership is quite apparent. Broken furniture, mirrors cleaned with a dirty rag, lampshades askew, dirty windows (on the inside), vending machines not working on several floors, no A/C in the hallways. Almost forgot the large glob of ketchup in the elevator. NEVER AGAIN!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Absecon
BEST WESTERN Garden State Inn
Holiday Inn Express Absecon - Atlantic City Area
Red Roof Inn & Suites Atlantic City
Comfort Inn & Suites West Atlantic City
Clarion Inn & Suites Atlantic City North
Courtyard Atlantic City
Courtyard Atlantic City
#6 of 50 in Atlantic City

Been to Travelodge Absecon Atlantic City? Share your experiences!