“No Heat!!! This Place is a dump. Needs a major renovation.”

Travelodge Absecon Atlantic City
Ranked #9 of 26 Hotels in Absecon
Reviewed 2 March 2011

I stayed at this dump with my wife and two sons - ages 7 & 3. We were there just for the night. There was caution tape all over the outside of the hotel. Apparently the place was coming apart. Pieces of the hotel were hitting the cars that were parked in the lot and one car’s windshield was cracked. When we got to our room the heat was not working. We called the front desk. The receptionist said she knew of the heat problem and that they were working on it. She assured me that the heat would be back up in just a little while. She told us to keep the heat on even though it was blowing cold air. We went to sleep and woke up in the middle of the night freezing cold! I went down to the front desk at like 4:00 in the morning complaining. We should have just left. The receptionist put us in another room and apologized. The next morning I told a guy behind the front desk who claimed to be the manager about our freezing cold room. The employees at this hotel don’t wear any uniforms or name tags. This “manager” refused to believe anything my wife and I said. This manager even told us that we could not have been moved to a different room because they had been sold out. I had keys to both rooms! I had to convince this guy to come up to the rooms to show him that the heat was not working and that I actually had 2 rooms. Our original room was still freezing cold. He said it wasn’t so bad. The attitude of this guy was awful.

The Hotel was dingy and dark and had an odor to it. It was really run down and the place looks like it was last renovated in 1978. Stay away!!!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 1 March 2011

Good Breakfast, Nice view & was provided free shuttle to Resorts casino

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 January 2011

1/29/11 2nd visit here in about 4 years. 1st visit saw lobby makeover in progress. This visit checked in @ 2pm room was ICE COLD. Called desk and got another room. 2nd room had mildew smell and somewhat warmer. Due to mildew got 3rd room. Again COLD. Heater would stay on 3 minutes then cold air. Desk sent maintenance who pulled off rusty cover. Said heaters were set like it was CA location. Turned a dial and then had more than enough heat. Advised heater was about 25 yrs old so WHY set like in CA still to save power but clients are inconvenienced. All this took 1 hr of our time. Oh and maintenance said it was new owners who were going redo the lobby AGAIN! What about the rooms? The desk person was polite though. Rooms are worn and rug does not look clean. Would never walk barefoot here. My advice, if you can't afford a casino hotel for the night, go home. I have stayed in a few of these hotels on Rt 30 and they all seem to be owned or managed by people who do not care about clean and updated just get the money. And oh, the desk person said see him on checkout for reduced price. A WHOPPING $4!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 January 2011

best value and appriciate staff, i prefer to stay again in comfort inn north. my family really had a good time.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 January 2011

clean rooms great view excellent customer service nice stay

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 January 2011

I been stayed for 2 nights and very convinient location to stay who wanted to enjoy Atlantic City's Casino and Beached....

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 November 2010

I've seen some bad reviews about this hotel lately and wanted to add my experience. I stayed at this hotel for 1 night last month. The hotel is very conveniently located to the casinos in Atlantic City. The weekend rates are literally a fraction of what those casinos charge.

Check-in was quick and the clerk was friendly. My room was large and comfortable and had a view of the marshes adjoining the hotel. There was no issues with cleanliness or billing during my stay. Even though I was at the end of the hallway which has a door to the walkway outside, I couldn't hear other guests at night.

The breakfast was standard for this type of hotel. There was ample parking outside the hotel. Free internet access worked well in the room. My only concern was that the trash can outside the entrance was overflowing and not emptied during my stay.

Overall, if you need a place to spend the night in the Atlantic City area and you don't want to pay casino prices, stay here.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Absecon
Red Roof Inn & Suites Atlantic City
Garden State Inn
Garden State Inn
#4 of 26 in Absecon
Comfort Inn & Suites West Atlantic City
Clarion Inn & Suites Atlantic City North
Holiday Inn Express Absecon - Atlantic City Area
Sheraton Atlantic City Convention Center Hotel

Been to Travelodge Absecon Atlantic City? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Travelodge Absecon Atlantic City

Address: 539 E Absecon Blvd, Us 30, Absecon, NJ 08201-2244 (Formerly Comfort Inn Atlantic City North)
Region: United States > New Jersey > Jersey Shore > Absecon
Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Wheelchair access
Ranked #9 of 26 Hotels in Absecon
Price Range: £37 - £113 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Travelodge Absecon Atlantic City 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Travelodge Absecon Atlantic City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Comfort Inn North Absecon Hotel Absecon