I had a great stay at this small hotel.
Staff were very very friendly, so friendly in fact that I felt a bit awkward, as no hotel would even come close to being this nice to you in Australia. This is hospitality, and Australian hoteliers have a lot to learn in this area!
The rooms were very spacious and simply decorated, and kept very clean by the housekeeping. It would've been nice if the TV was more centered in front of the bed (about where the mirror is), as it makes watching TV from bed slightly awkward. But otherwise there's no real complaint about the rooms.
I had requested the massage services at the hotel (who calls in staff from the Healthy Hands shop), and found it to be quite nice and relaxing. I do however like to suggest for the hotel to perhaps get rid of that bed in the Lv4 massage room, and replace it with a proper massage bed, one that has a firm surface so the masseur's energy doesn't get wasted pushing us into the soft mattress, and one with a "face hole" so we can lie face-down without smothering ourselves with the pillow.
I also had meals in the hotel's restaurant both for breakfast and for dinner. Service of the staff was definitely excellent, and I can see a few of the staff were probably in-training, as they tried very hard to get it right. The food was also well cooked, perhaps a bit too "plain" for the Asian palette (so be sure to ask them to make it spicy if you like it that way!).
I would just like to ask the hotel if they could perhaps consider providing some Asian options with their breakfast buffet, such as rice porridge and noodle soup, as I must admit I crave when all I see in front of me is pieces of "dry baked wheat-flour" (aka. bread, haha!). But of course, if the majority of the hotel's customers are westerners, then I guess keeping it the way it is currently is fine, as there's nothing wrong with the current offerings if you prefer a western style breakfast.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Soria Moria is a small cheerful hotel in the center of Siem Reap, with 38 bright and spacious rooms, establish by a Norwegian couple. Being a small intimate hotel, the Soria Moria Team is able to provide its guests with personalized service. It’s a 15 minute drive to Angkor Wat, and walking distance to the old market & the hustle and bustle of town. The hotel as an international restaurant and a Rooftop bar with great views, and there is also an open-sky Jacuzzi and a sundeck available. The initial idea behind Soria Moria was to combine a business opportunity with a strong focus on helping the community in which we work through various means. Through Soria Moria Educational Development Program the local employees have recently become majority owners of the business – an initiative to empower locals. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, HostelWorld, Booking.com, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Soria Moria Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Soria Moria Boutique
- Soria Moria Boutique Siem Reap