Spent one month in this nice boutique hotel while working for our NGO. Its well situated on Wat Bo Rd - 10 min walk to the Market and Pub st district, and holds similar sustainability beliefs to us in that the local employees have a stake in the business.
The rooms are well set out and clean, AC excellent, the staff friendly and helpful (able to organise reliable drivers or tours) and the facilities are good enough - lovely rooftop bar and nice common areas.
The pool is small, simple but effective for a plunge and cool-off, but its not for those seeking a 5 star experience.
The Fusion restaurant was reliable, economic and varied enough to get us through the month, with breakfast "tweaked" daily, and lots of dinner specials such as happy hours, 1/2 price nights and $1 tapas night.
Importantly - as I was working for much of the stay - the wi-fi was as good as you can expect in Cambodia, i.e. mostly OK. They do have their own power generator which kicks in quite quickly if the local grid goes down.
Cost wise its reasonable, though if you had the time and inclination to walk up and down the streets of Siem Reap inspecting other hotels and doing a cost comparison, you could find cheaper, but when you weigh it all up - location, reliability, and service, I think if I return in the future I'm likely to just return to Soria Moria,
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Soria Moria is a small cheerful hotel in the center of Siem Reap, with 38 bright and spacious rooms, establish by a Norwegian couple. Being a small intimate hotel, the Soria Moria Team is able to provide its guests with personalized service. It’s a 15 minute drive to Angkor Wat, and walking distance to the old market & the hustle and bustle of town. The hotel as an international restaurant and a Rooftop bar with great views, and there is also an open-sky Jacuzzi and a sundeck available. The initial idea behind Soria Moria was to combine a business opportunity with a strong focus on helping the community in which we work through various means. Through Soria Moria Educational Development Program the local employees have recently become majority owners of the business – an initiative to empower locals. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, HostelWorld, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Soria Moria Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Soria Moria Boutique
- Soria Moria Boutique Siem Reap