What a great place. But where should I start? The rooms are light, spacious and luxurious and a great place to cool off from the heat of the days temple excursions.
There is roof top bar with a nice view so you can enjoy the sundown with a cold drink and there is also a small pool to cool off in or spa. Location is perfect.
The main thing that stood out was the staff and the ethos of the hotel. Once a week the restaurant has $1 night where the locals can come and train in a real working environment giving them invaluable experience. Also a large percentage of the shares (I think 51%) have been allocated to the Cambodian workers so when they work there they get a slice of the action. The Hotel supports continuing education so they gain invaluable work experience and business skills, complete their education and become shareholders! This lets them properly support their families and helps build the local community for the long term, rather than profits going offshore. It's an inspiring place to be and the direct result from a customers point of view is that you get amazing service while knowing your dollar is going to the right people for the right reasons. Only if this business model could be repeated throughout countries like Cambodia then everyone would be better off! I can't recommend this more highly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Soria Moria is a small cheerful hotel in the center of Siem Reap, with 38 bright and spacious rooms, establish by a Norwegian couple. Being a small intimate hotel, the Soria Moria Team is able to provide its guests with personalized service. It’s a 15 minute drive to Angkor Wat, and walking distance to the old market & the hustle and bustle of town. The hotel as an international restaurant and a Rooftop bar with great views, and there is also an open-sky Jacuzzi and a sundeck available. The initial idea behind Soria Moria was to combine a business opportunity with a strong focus on helping the community in which we work through various means. Through Soria Moria Educational Development Program the local employees have recently become majority owners of the business – an initiative to empower locals. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, HostelWorld, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Soria Moria Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Soria Moria Boutique
- Soria Moria Boutique Siem Reap