“great experience”

Soria Moria Boutique Hotel
Ranked #153 of 374 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Although we only stayed 1 night, this was one of the best hotels of a 6 week SE Asia trip. Clean, friendly, helpful staff, good location. Spacious room, big bathroom, lovely rooftop bar. Delicious breakfast with lots of choice. Can't say enough good things and at a great price.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank w s

Reviewed 27 April 2014

This would be one of SE Asia's hidden gems. A beautiful hotel that is an easy walk into the centre of town and the markets. The room was well kept and very comfortable. There was the added benefit of a swimming pool when you needed to cool down. I would happily stay here again.

Room Tip: Any room is a good room. I had a comfortable room on the third floor.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank HolidayTravels2017
Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

The staff were very friendly, helpful and kind. The room was clean and basic; we had a superior room which was great value for money in terms of size. The central aircon was comfortable, however if you prefer controlled air (and a room like a ice block) then maybe this isn't the place for you.
The location was great as it was out of the main pub district and an easy walk across the river (5mins). Near some lovely boutique restaurants too!
The rooftop bar had a nice view. The pool was small however we were the only ones using it so it was okay. Breakfast was included; basic buffet. The staff arranged a take away breakfast for us on the day we went to Angkor Wat at Dawn; which was very sweet of them. The "gym" was hilarious. Overall the hotel was good, comfortable and clean.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TripMat83
Reviewed 11 April 2014

I was a guest for 51 days - from 11Feb thru 03Apr. All staff members were friendly and helpful. They went out of there way for me. The breakfast was included and very adequate. My room was cleaned well and early each day. My requests were attended to promptly. The location is good - close to restaurants and the markets. I would not hesitate to stay at the Soria Moria again!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Phillip G
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Stayed here for 4 nights and loved it. The hotel is amazing value for money and the staff are friendly and are eager to help. We stayed in a deluxe room and it was spacious, cool and very comfortable. The weekly calendar of events at the hotel has something for every taste and it makes it even more special that they are helping to train and equip people with skills that they can use to further their careers. We thoroughly enjoyed the roof top bar and visited it every evening. The cocktails are fantastic and even better when your enjoying the view and watching the lizards run around outside.
We were eager to watch the documentaries on Cambodia the hotel had so they arranged to place the dvd player in our room so we could watch them.
There are bikes for hire and tuk tuk drivers outside the hotel. There are facilities to purchase items which are traditionally Cambodian and made by locals which is what the essence of this hotel is. They arranged several outings for us around Siem Reip and I cannot say enough what a pleasure it was to stay here. As mentioned before the value for money is incredible.

Room Tip: Go for a deluxe to gain some extra space.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Linda J
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Stayed two nights in March 2014. I echo others' comments about the helpfulnes and friendliness of the staff but this was not enough to overcome the inadequacies of the facility. My wife and I were assigned a room where the shower drain was seriously clogged and very slow to drain; there was no toilet paper holder and no place to put our luggage other than on the floor. We were going to overlook this as we were only staying two nights but, at 10pm, our room was still at 29 degrees celsius due to a seriously under performing a/c. They must have frequent problems with a/c's as my sister-in-law was with us but, at check in, they said her original room (on our floor) had a bad a/c so they would put her into one on another floor. I complained to the front desk at 10pm and, fortunately, they had a vacant room on another floor - so we moved there. All was well and we were more relaxed the next day. On that next afternoon, I took a sealed bottle of their complimentary water from the refrig, drank half and saved the rest for brushing my teeth. I left it, with the cap on, on the bathroom counter overnight but there was a brown color to it in the morning with some sort of brown sediment on the bottom! I immediately brought it down to the front desk but was told by the clerk that, being sealed, it was impossible and that either my wife or me must have put something into the bottle. I politely told them we most certainly did not and told them that I was bringing this to their attention so they could have the bottle tested and have a serious discussion with their vendor.
I am sorry to say that I will never stay there again and suggested to my travel agent that they not book any other clients into this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank jcs174
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Stayed for a couple of nights in this hotel, love the fact that a lot of projects done by the hotel is in aid of charity. Rooms are specious and clean, walking distance from town but far enough not to hear the happenings that go on there. Staff feel genuine and always are willing to assist with a smile.
Only down side of the place would be the switches for the lights in the room seem to be wrongly placed so it can be a lil frustrating to figure them out and the Breakfast buffet at the restaurant down stairs looks a bit tired and dry after the initial morning breakfast rush. Still a great place to stay if you're in Siam Reap.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo