“Amazing service, clean comfortable room”

Soria Moria Boutique Hotel
Ranked #119 of 337 Hotels in Siem Reap
Jamestown, Australia
“Amazing service, clean comfortable room”
Reviewed 17 November 2010

After doing some researching and reading reviews on tripadvisor we booked the Soria Moria hotel ,and we join positive reviews with pleasure. We thought there are also much better hotels in Siem Reap for sure, but we can't say we disliked Soria Moria hotel. Its a great, rather comfortable hotel for reasonable money. We stayed in several hotels during our trip and Soria Moria hotel was the only hotel we didn't come across any problems. Everything went on smoothly with transfer, check in and check out. By the way we can't but mentionThe staff they deserve every praise.

The only descending thing was breakfasts.

On the whole the hotel must be a 3 starred hotel.. but the service there was beyond 5 star!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank mep_magaret

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Den Haag
Reviewed 12 November 2010

I booked this hotel after reading the reviews here on Tripadvisor and wasn't disappointed. The hotel is located in the heart of the town and just a five minute leisurely walk from Pub St and the market area. The room was completely fine but perhaps starting to show its age just a little, however, this is Cambodia and the last hotel I stayed in in this country cost twice as much and had a rock hard bed! The bed itself was very comfortable and I got a great nights sleep.

The staff were extremely helpful from the moment I was met at the airport to the moment they took me back. That seems to be the key to this hotel. It's one big happy family and it shows. Wherever I walked throughout the hotel, the staff always greeted me and were extremely polite. English was not a problem either.

The trips they organised on my behalf went very well and offered reasonable value for money. The hotel itself is a steal for the price. The wireless internet also worked flawlessly throughout my stay which is important for me as I need to remain in contact with work.

The room was spotlessly cleaned each day and the hotel itself was extremely well kept too.

If you get a room at the front of the hotel, you won't get much sleep after 6am as the road outside is rather noisy, but this is Cambodia and people wake early. There was little noise thoughout the night though.

There's really only one thing that I could possibly criticise. I booked a "suite" as I needed a safe for my camera equipment and laptop, however, the safe had been bolted to the wall by two bolts, one of which had come out completely and the other one could have been pulled out with a decent tug, leaving anyone with the ability to simply walk out with the safe.

Would I stay there again ? Yes, absolutely and I will go back next year. I wouldn't consider another hotel in Siem Reap and have no hesitation in recommending this place to my friends and other Tripadvisor users.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank DenHaagTraveller
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 11 November 2010

I Stayed at the Hotel for three nights. The food was excellent, very pleasant staff and the hotel has a very good location. We could easily walk to all the interesting main streets. They were also very helpful with arranging tours and had good recommendations of things worthwhile seeing. Since I had limited time in Siem Riep that was very helpful. The hotel is run by Norwegians and a few of the staff is also from Norway. As a Norwegian i felt right at home. I will definitely live at the same hotel when I return Siem Riep.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends
2 Thank MadsBjorvik
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 10 November 2010

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Soria Moria in September 2010. The best thing about this hotel is the staff - they are polite, helpful and generally great people. We got a deal where we payed for 3 nights and got the fourth free. A great deal which included breakfast every day as well as one free meal per person and a free arrival drink each. The food was delicious - I would recommend the Khmer Curry! The breakfast was also very satisfying. The location is great - a short stroll across the bridge to the main touristy part of Siem Reap but far enough away to be out of all the touristy noise and commotion. The rooftop bar is a great place for a cocktail whilst watching the sunset; and we managed to find a time where the rooftop spa was free which was great. The room was perfectly spotless and a great size. There is free wifi in the hotel and also a computer with free internet in the lobby. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Siem Reap.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lucydunstan84
Stavanger, Norway
Reviewed 4 November 2010

This hotel has the most amazing staff ever! One of the first things you notice is how happy they are and how much they love their jobs. David the bartender is one of the cutest guys I ever met! The hotel staff is so organized, welcoming and polite. They helped us to organize trips to Angkor Wat, the floating village and a silk farm. In few words, I do not have a single complaint about this hotel! The location is amazing, the staff is the most friendly hotel staff I've ever met , the food was a magical culinary experience and this hotel made my trip to Cambodia complete! I would recommend this hotel to everyone I know!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MarthaJohanne
Trysil Municipality, Norway
Reviewed 4 November 2010

Walking distance to shopping, markets and restaurants
Local food around the corner
All the information you need in the lobby
Very good restauant
Roof top bar have better view than top of Angkor Wat.
Frindly staff, we had 10 nannies for the children.
Kids love the jaquzzi.
No problem with children in the temples but take only half days.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank trysilknut
new york, ny
Reviewed 2 November 2010

I spent several lovely nights in Soria Moria and had a great time. the food was excellent and the staff extremely helpful. Highly recommended! Would definitely visit again!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple