“Our family of three loved the service here”

Pavillon d'Orient Boutique-Hotel
Ranked #28 of 342 Hotels in Siem Reap
Panama
“Our family of three loved the service here”
Reviewed 9 July 2012 via mobile

It is not that the rooms here are 4 or 5 star-they're not. However, they are clean, comfortable, and spacious enough. The pool is small-and wonderfully maintained! We enjoyed cooling down in the pool. The service here is as great as people say. The restaurant was great-some of our best meals were at the hotel. We loved the location-yes,the hotel is between a car repair type place and other businesses...so? This isn't a resort. It was nice to be away from the tourist center. The tuk tuk can just bring you into town. When you check in you are provided with a copy (to be returned) for Angkor Wat. A nice touch. There is an electric kettle for coffee and tea in the room, as well as a mini fridge. They provide a complimentary water each day. They also give you a small complimentary fruit basket your first day in you room.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank TravelingFamily20102

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (337)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
New Milford, Connecticut
Reviewed 8 July 2012

It's no wonder this place is a top rated hotel, they know how to enhance your experience of a gentle, peaceful Cambodia steeped in history. Hard to find on a dusty road, once you step through the gate, you enter an oasis of cleansing calm. The welcome is amazing, the staff caring every step of the way, filling the guest experience with umpteen little details. There are only 18 rooms at the moment--an expansion next door is happening, but I wouldn't have known had they not said anything, as nothing disturbed the little paradise at Pavilion d'Orient. The kitchen is very competent, the pool is beautiful, the rooms have dark hard wood floors, very nice tiled bathrooms and reliable wifi. Spa prices are very reasonable, as is the laundry--clothes come back pressed and smelling of lemongrass--divine. Our rooms came with a complimentary tuk-tuk driver, and both gentlemen could converse in English, and guide us with our errands (barbershop, shoe repair, and shopping) as well as our visits to the vast temple grounds. Not only is Pavilion d'Orient a lovely place, its staff made all the difference to our first experience of Cambodia. My only regret is not having planned to stay longer.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Jeannette P
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 8 July 2012

Every good thing they say about this hotel is true. From the moment we arrived until the moment we left the service was top-notch and friendly.

The rooms are clean, spacious and tasteful. Our tuk-tuk driver, Saren, was awesome, and the all day breakfast was great.

My only tip would be to stay longer, if you have a 3 day Angkor pass spread it out over 5 and relax a little.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank xiao-heilong
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 7 July 2012

I had to wonder what was so special about this hotel and know I know. The staff are so welcoming and truly lovely. You really feel like they actually care if you enjoying your stay. Breakfast had excellent choice.Lovely fresh fruit smoothie to start. Choice of eggs,french toast, homemade yoghurt,croissant,lovely tropical fruits and delicious homemade jams and cambodian honey. Also a couple of different cakes daily ( hey you are on holidays!) and daily selection cambodian small cakes etc .Great before long day at temples. I also enjoyed a few dinners and lunches and very good.
I had booked 3 day temple tour thru hotel and it was great. Weather very hot but enjoyed every minute. Tuk Tuk driver always smiling and patient. Also great massages hotel spa at excellent price.. Building a new road at front of hotel so was a little noisy but as I was out most of day didnt bother me. If you like to be in town ,you may prefer hotel in more central area but hotel only about 10-15 mins by Tuk Tuk. Nice pool to relax by when finished checking temples out. Would recommend if looking for great value 3 star hotel that is clean and comfortable with excellent service.

Room Tip: I enjoyed my room on upper level if you don't mind stairs
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
Torrance, California
Reviewed 7 July 2012

I fell in love with the hotel from the pictures on Trip Advisor and I was not disappointed. The hotel layout is beautiful--simple, elegant, and comfortable. The grounds are lovely with the open reception area and restaurant. The coy pond, the little walkways paved with stones, and the tropical landscaping leading to the salt water pool all add to the beauty and peacefulness of the grounds. The rooms are quite comfortable as well, and the bathroom is divine, with a shower and a tub. The room decorations reflect the culture of the city without going over the top.

The best thing about the place is the service. The staff here work very hard to not just meet the needs of the guests but anticipate their needs, offering their services before being asked. For example, when I was at the computer researching some restaurants, my husband came and stood next to me to see the screen. Right away an employee brought him a chair without being asked. On another occasion, when I was alone at the computer, I was brought a glass of water and a fan was placed next to me for my comfort. Again, I did not ask for these services. At the end of our stay, we were allowed to remain in our room until our airport pick-up time, 9:30 pm, at no extra charge. Since the room was not booked, the manager did not kick us out as is the practice at most hotels.

Overall we had a great experience here. The staff was wonderful and more than accommodating.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 4 July 2012

If you are first time traveler in Cambodia, specifically Siem Reap area, like us, you should book here. Awesome place and people... very reasonably priced and their staff are so friendly. There is nothing negative I can say about this place. The room we stayed in (room No.6) is awesome! Spacious, villa like, and so welcoming, we didn't wanna leave the room actually. I have to complement them about their fantastic food also... A Mok chicken was one of my favorite aside from Loc Lak, we haven't tried anything that we didn't like in the menu. Their free breakfast is also fantastic.

If you easily sweat like us, and didn't like to be greeted by dust during humid temperature here in Asia, please arrange a car service and mention Mr. Samreth Leang. He is the most gracious, honest and the best driver we've had in any of our trips. His transport service is superb! We were lucky that he was the driver that picked us up in the airport, since then, he became our driver for the duration of our stay there, you just have to add about $15 a day when you go anywhere within the city, a few additional fee will be added when you travel outside the city. I forgot the name of our tourist guide but for the two days that we had him, he is also great!

Pavillion d’Orient, their people (I wish I can mention all their names but some of their names are hard to remember), Mr. Sebastian, (who we finally met during our check out time, but we felt his presence throughout our stay… Thank you for the awesome service!) and Mr Samreth... this place and these people made our stay truly memorable.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MelBacani
Pondicherry, India
Reviewed 30 June 2012

we booked this hotel on the basis of tripadvisor review ,and it was a first for us to book on the basis of your reviews ,and we are glad that we took tripadvisors advice for booking up the place ....the hotel is a modest looking place no frills n fancies but the service by the staff is amazing ....we were greeted by a very cheerful receptionist who guided us about the hotel ...their rooms are comfortable and everynight there is a bed time story kept which is a great add on fir kids especially...the pool is clean n kept well...there is an assisted tuk tuk with a driver through out your stay and the designated drivers are very knowledgeable abt the sites and places to visit ...overall all an amazing stay n would definitely wana go back n stay there again :)...

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family