“Loved it!”

Pavillon d'Orient Boutique-Hotel
Ranked #30 of 384 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed 1 December 2012

Now if you are looking for Western Style 5 Star this is not for you, but if you want a very clean Cambodian Colonial French Hotel then this is for you. The rooms are reasonably modern (plasma TVs etc) and very comfy. The beds do have mosquito nets and I would suggest using them as there are plenty around in Cambodia.

The black pepper chicken on the menu is possibly the best I have ever tasted - so much so I orderd another portion!!

With each room comes its own Tuk Tuk included between 5.30am and about 10pm - they will take you anywhere around the temples or to the bars in town and wait for you to finish. The drivers know where to go and take you to some places off the beaten track that you would not ordinarily see.

Overall one of the most charming places I have ever stayed!

All in all - superb!

2  Thank FootyMike
Write a ReviewReviews (2,136)

Reviewed 30 November 2012

My family and I stayed in this hotel in September for 4 nights and loved everything about it. It’s extremely charming and you will love the staff. Having a private Tuk Tuk to take you everywhere is worth staying at this hotel as you will need a driver to take you around the city anyways! The manager was excellent and I should note the only reason why I stayed at this hotel was because of the reviews on Tripadvisor so thank you Tripadvisor reviewers for not letting me down!!! Please take my advice and stay at this location, it’s worth every penny.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Brian N
Reviewed 29 November 2012

The management and staff have thought of everything you could possibly need, even if you didn't know it yourself. The entire hotel is decorated like the set for a colonial era film in SE Asia and is spotlessly clean. However, it is the people that make the experience wonderful, from the front desk and the people serving in the restaurant to the young men who carry your bag up to your room. Deserving of special mention are the tuk-tuk driver (mine was Reach, a delightful young man who navigates the Siem Reap roads and traffic with ease) and the guides. I cannot say enough good things about Sophai who knew the best time of day to see each temple, both for best lighting and least crowds. He also showed and explained a great deal about local life in Siem Reap. I would wholeheartedly recommend this hotel to anyone going to visit Angkor Wat.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 November 2012

Pavillon was a very good option for visiting Angor Wat. The hotel is located between Siem Reap and the temples; the breakfast is huge and tasty; and the rooms are of a good size with a clean bathroom. The best thing is that you get a private tuk tuk for the duration of your stay which makes visiting the temples and the town incredibly easy. The only downsides were lots of geckos and bugs because the room doors exit directly to the outside, and the pool has tons of mosquitoes nearby. Overall, I'd recommend it and I'd return.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
POManager, Manager at Pavillon d'Orient Boutique-Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2012

Dear Clients,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. We are delighted that you have in overall enjoyed your stay with us.

October is the last month of the raining season and there are more mosquitoes than usual due to the high level of humidity during this period. Of course it is impossible in a tropical country to avoid mosquitoes so we try to limit their presence as much as possible by following some procedures:
In our guests rooms:
- we have mosquito net
- we spray the rooms twice a day (once in the morning and once in the evening)
- we do have an electric tool against mosquitoes
- we do have mosquitoes coils available on the balcony

In our outdoor facilities we proceed to a pest control every 2 weeks. Finally we also encourage our clients to apply mosquito repellents on the skin.

We wish you all the bests and hope to have the pleasure to hosting you again in the future.

Warm regards from Angkor,

Sébastien
Pavillon d’Orient manager

Reviewed 28 November 2012

A very welcoming staff, a room with a balcony and all the comforts, very clean and lots of little touches. But the tuk tuk (much better than most air-conditioned vehicle to visit the temples) included in the room price and available all day. more pool .... In short, a little corner of paradise where it is good to rest.

Reviewed 24 November 2012

Great service, everyone were warm and friendly. As it is a boutique hotel, the staff were always able to offer advice, make any arrangements/recommendations for transport, food or itinerary. My package include day time car driver and evening time tuk-tuk driver. They were always on time and able to bring us to the places we wanted to go.

1  Thank Yummydelight
Reviewed 23 November 2012

I keep forgetting to take a few moments to review my stay at Pavillon d'Orient... I visited back in May 2012 for 2 nights and have since recommended it to several friends who were planning trips to Siem Reap. I really have nothing but positive things to say about our visit... our room was lovely and clean. The pool area was peaceful. The food was delicious- both the big breakfasts and some amazing noodle fish stew I had for lunch one day- and the open air setting of the restaurant was also extremely pleasant. We got massages daily- I got the Khmer Massage. The hotel was especially good at taking care of all kinds of little details- tea on arrival, fruit in the room, a little goodbye gift, etc. And they were extremely helpful with food recommendations and making reservations and arranging all of the transportation.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple