“A Highlight of Our Southeast Asia Trip”

Pavillon d'Orient Boutique-Hotel
Ranked #21 of 337 Hotels in Siem Reap
San Jose, California
“A Highlight of Our Southeast Asia Trip”
Reviewed 10 April 2013

This boutique hotel knows customer service. We booked them based on trip advisor reviews and are extremely glad we were able to get a room there during our time in Siem Reap. From the moment we landed, the hotel staff was there for us. We were picked up in style from the airport, given a warm welcome when we arrived around 9pm. They made us a wonderful dinner, even though we arrived late, and our concierge Danny gave us a rundown of the amenities.

The property is beyond beautiful, the rooms spacious and inviting, the pool is relaxing and perfect after a long day at the ruins, the drinks are fantastic and the staff is beyond competent. To top it off, we had our own tuk-tuk and driver at our service for the entire time we were there.

We have traveled a lot, and this hotel is one of the very best in the boutique class. If you have a chance, try to stay there while exploring Siem Reap. You will be enchanted.

Room Tip: We had room 7 and I think it was perfect.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank lmadcreative

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (334)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 April 2013

The hotel was definitely not the secluded spot l expected when we got dropped off- it's basically on a main road but out of the centre of Siem Reap but when you walk through it does become amazingly serene and quiet. I was here for 3 nights which l felt was enough to see what l needed. The hotel was in a colonial almost house style of hotel. The service is what stands out. The staff here are just the best we encountered at any hotel in SE Asia, very personable & professional. My luggage didnt arrive via vietnam airlines (awful airline) and the staff rung around alot for me and managed to get everything the following day, they were just so helpful and even made many suggestions to make life so much easier for us, a real asset to this hotel

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank jaz300
Bogota, Colombia
Reviewed 9 April 2013 via mobile

This place does not look like much from the road. In fact, my wife let out a low groan upon arrival and shot me a sideways "I told you so" look as I had selected this hotel based upon TripAdvisor comments & ratings. However! My choice was justified upon entry, bolstered further after the warm & informative greeting we recieved, then solidified after being shown our lovely period-style room. I was tempted to, but did not, return the "I told you so" look, as I like my marriage ;)

Pros
- Airport pickup with big sign, as promised.
- Informative & friendly staff memebers.
- Lovely early 1900's style room with large ceiling fan, wooden floors & old photos and terrace but A/C and modern bathroom.
- Car and driver available at $20 per day until 10pm (you will appreciate the A/C and pity the folks touring the temples by tuk tuk).
- Nice, clean pool with small waterfall at one end.
- Cheap poolside drinks! My Long Island Ice Tea was only $4
- Reasonably-priced mini bar snacks and drinks.
- Reasonably-priced room service menu.

Cons
- Only one. The construction next door, which is not the fault of this hotel, made relaxing by the pool a bit noisy.

Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank waterboy7
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 7 April 2013

There is a very good reason as to why this hotel is the No.1 on Trip Advisor and that it is absolutely faultless in every aspect of its service.

From check-in to departure everything is run by a very friendly, professional and efficient team. I would like to name the staff that were stand-out performers but that would be unfair as they were all simply fantastic.

The best bits:

The staff
Private tuc-tuc driver for the duration of your stay
The quality of the fit-out in the rooms
The spa
Sense of Serenity in an otherwise hectic country.
Worst bits:
Have racked my brains and damned if I can think of any!
I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Ian H
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 6 April 2013 via mobile

We booked here after reading all the positive previous reviews on TA and we were not at all disappointed. Everything in Cambodia is so cheap that it's really not about the money, but it's the nice touches they offer and deliver upon, which made the whole experience so positive. From the seamless free pick up at the airport to the complimentary 30 minute massage (that was so good it turned into a 2 hour massage) or the one-page Cambodian folklore stories left on your bed each night when they turn it down. Most of all it is the experience of coming back every evening from the chaos that is Siem Reap into a small oasis of peace and serenity.....everything is spot on. Great service, great value, great experience....highly recommended!

Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Russell S
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 6 April 2013

We stayed from March 14-17, 2013. I have chosen this hotel because of the positive reviews here at tripadvisor. All of my friends and siblings who were with me during our stay were very thankful I have chosen this hotel. From the moment we stepped out of the arrival area at the airport the driver is already there for our hotel transfers. Upon arrival at the hotel which was late evening we were still offered a transfer to the restaurant in case we have not eaten our dinner. Besides the room, breakfast and airport transfers the room prices also includes the car ride for city tours for 4 days and the tuktuk ride from 6 to 10pm.

Our room is very lean and has 2 single bed and 1 extra bed. The room amenities includes
air-conditioning, flatscreen, cable tv, mini fridge, complimentary water, set of fruits which were replenished everyday, a balcony writing desk, kettle and complimentary coffee and tea.

I like the bathroom because it has a bidet! This is a necessity for me and a big plus factor if the hotel has it. The bathroom has hot water, bathtub, rain shower, hair dryer,bidet, soap, shampoo, lotion, earbuds, comb, toothbrush and showercap. Bath towel and face towels are provided.

The pool is open 24hrs, it is beautiful with trees by the side. It's a nice place to relax after a long day of walking at the temples.

Hotel breakfast was really good, bread and fruits were served in buffet style but you can also order in separate for the rice meals, sausages, bacon and eggs. These are all part of the buffet breakfast but by order. Once you have seated for the breakfast the waiter will automatically give you a smoothie, yohurt, french toast and croissant. Breakfast is what I miss most about this hotel. All the staff were very nice and is always will to help.

Complimentary 1/2hr massage is included in the room rate.
The hotel can also book you for a cultural show with buffet dinner for only USD12.

I strongly recommend this hotel for family, couples and friends.

Room Tip: book ahead and get room 16, it has view of the pool by the balcony.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
DC
Reviewed 4 April 2013

We were just here in March for 3 days. The service was wonderful. The staff cannot help you enough. They made a birthday cake for my wife and put up baloons over one of the dining room tables. Then they sang Happy Birthday and popped the balloons. They arranged a car airport pickup and tuk-tuk driver included in the hotel price. The food at the hotel was delicious! If you are going to Siem Reap -- do yourself a big favor, and stay here!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple