“A little piece of paradise”

Pavillon d'Orient Boutique-Hotel
Ranked #25 of 340 Hotels in Siem Reap
Cardiff
“A little piece of paradise”
Reviewed 4 May 2013

My new husband and I stayed here for 4 nights to kick-off our honeymoon. From the second we arrived we were made to feel welcome by the fabulous staff. We booked the deluxe room which was beautiful - large, comfortable and very clean. We were treated to a complementary bottle of wine in our room and 2 free massages in their spa which was a lovely touch.

There's so much to good stuff to tell you about this hotel it's hard to know where to start! The swimming pool was lovely, the breakfasts were great (we loved the fresh juice and homemade yoghurt), the restaurant was great, the spa was heavenly, the room was beautiful and we loved the little touches like local stories left in our room to read before bed....I could go on!!

One of the best most outstanding things for us though was the level of service offered. My hubby and I have travelled all over the world but both agreed that this hotel offered some of the best service we had ever seen. Each room comes with a tuk tuk driver for the duration of the trip which is a great idea. Our particular driver was fabulous, he always arrived within 10 minutes of our call and spoke good english. On the last night we asked him to take us somewhere local and a bit different and he took us to the most fabulous local market - we wandered around trying lots of different foods and got to see the real Siem Reap - a night we will never forget. If you do ever want to travel further afield the hotel staff will seamlessly organise anything for you with no fuss at all.

We both loved our stay at this hotel and only wished we could have stayed longer. The hotel is smaller than the big chains you see in the city which means the staff get to know you and remember little things whch make you feel special. Overall, we would recommend this hotel to anyone - it's a little bit of paradise in a wonderful, warm, fascinating country.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Fletch_in_Wales

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (336)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Yokosuka, Japan
Reviewed 3 May 2013 via mobile

Wonderful boutique with friendly, smiling, exemplary service! Restaurant with better food than any other we tried. Amazingly complex and flavorful food! Rooms well appointed. Service impeccable. Great tuk tuk coordination. Nice pool. Wonderful massage! Great value! Had stayed at the sister hotel- siddhartha before: both amazing. Can not wait to come back! Sincerely!

• Stayed May 2013
Bangkok, Krung Thep, Thailand
Reviewed 1 May 2013

This hotel really lives up to its name. I live in Thailand, for the past 11 years now. I have travelled quite a bit throughout the region but had not yet made to Siam Reap to vist Angkor until my parents came to visit from the US. Beautiful place, a real oasis in what is not necessarily such a "tropical paradise" i.e. Siam Reap. Very good breakfast spread. I usually skip the breakfast even when included. But here, it was a must. Great service, beautiful and comfortable rooms. And the included tuk tuk for your stay to visit Angkor and the Siam Reap at night was a very nice touch. Our driver was very knowledgeable and friendly, he really added to our experience. The only thing that I can say that was a bit negative was the then current construction going on next door...nothing they can do about it but if you don't like waking up at 7 a.m. sharp or having to hear pounding until 6 p.m.sharp, you should ask for the room furthest from the noise for now. But this was very minor for us. GREAT stay!!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Jerrold_Kippen
New York City, New York
Reviewed 29 April 2013

I visited Pavillon d'Orient based on the outstanding TripAdvisor reviews and I was not at all disappointed. From the very first moment I began emailing with the hotel, I knew it was something special. I arranged a private guide for the temples (he was fantastic) and a massage appointment over email. I also sent the hotel my travel information and they sent a car to pick me up at the airport. The hotel is indeed hidden behind a wall on an ordinary looking street (some reviewers have called the surrounding areas ugly or disturbing but after two weeks in Cambodia, it looked fine to me). Once you walk through the entrance, the hotel is an absolute dream. First of all, the staff is incredibly helpful and pleasant. They will help you arrange anything from reservations at a dance show to a Cambodian cooking class (I took a wonderful one at Le Tigre Papier in town). Second, the look and feel is just beautiful, especially the landscaped pool area, where you can relax on a lounge and have drinks and food from the restaurant brought right to you. The food is absolutely delicious, especially the sumptuous breakfast that consists of both a buffet of delicious baked goods and hot dishes like eggs and pain perdu (their wonderful take on french toast). The restaurant also has great room service. The rooms are lovely and equipped with great climate control, comfortable beds, fruit plates, bottled water and even a guide to the movies that will be shown on television in the evening. My room had a roomy balcony with a view of the pool. The hotel lends you your very own tuk tuk driver for the length of your stay, which is incredibly convenient when going out to Angkor National Park or into downtown Siem Reap. My driver could not have been nicer or more helpful. There isn't a better way to experience Siem Reap! I will note that this hotel is not in the middle of Siem Reap but about a 15 minute tuk tuk drive away. That did not bother me at all, especially since that placed it very close to Angkor National Park.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Marci B
New Canaan, Connecticut
Reviewed 27 April 2013

Stayed here only one night on a quick trip to see the Angkor Wat ruins. Wonderful accommodations and service. Excellent food at extraordinary prices. Only downside was a very noisy wedding at a private house behind the hotel which went on for pretty much the entire stay. Included in the room rate is transportation to and from the airport and a tuk tuk driver at your disposal to take you to see Angkor Wat and Angkor Thom. Nice swimming pool which I was glad to enjoy since it was over 90 degrees during my April stay.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
Brookmans Park, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 April 2013

What a wonderful place. We treated ourselves to a deluxe room and for that we got a fantastic room with balcony overlooking the gardens and out to the pool. We also got free transfer to and from Siem Reap airport. Our own dedicated tuk tuk driver to look after us and take us wherever we wanted to go, and fresh fruit in the room each day. We also got a voucher for a free half hour session in the spa. All the rooms seem to look out onto the pool which is peaceful and surrounded by flowering trees. The restaurant was great for breakfast (included in the deluxe price) and we had one lunch there, which was superb. Great staff, warm welcome and recommended for anyone wanting to visit Siem Reap and be close to Ankor Wat.

Room Tip: We had room three, which was excellent. Very quiet and easy access to the pool.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank breweruk
Llandudno, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 April 2013 via mobile

How on earth they created this lovely oasis in the middle of a fairly out of town (rural) industrial area I don't know. Fantastic staff, lovely pool area. Comfy room with great balcony (fan on the balcony and comfortable chairs - bliss in this climate) and really nice finishing touches. Breakfasts were very good - some of the best we have had. Overall, probably enjoyed staying at this hotel more than any other. $110 per night for 2 of us including breakfast, tuktuk of our own, airport transfers...and well worth every cent/penny

Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple