“Very nice Boutique Hotel”

Pavillon d'Orient Boutique-Hotel
Ranked #31 of 361 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed 29 May 2013

We loved to stay there. Everyone was always smiling and making sure you were alright and whether you needed anything. We had the tuk-tuk driver including the room and liked the service. The food at the hotel is delicious and not overpriced, their breakfast is very good. We would stay at this hotel again.

Reviewed 29 May 2013

There are many amazing hotels in Siem Reap but this one really impressed us. The hotel is pretty, rooms are spaceous but its really all about the service here. It is so relaxed and all staff are devoted to making the stay great. The pickup service worked without any issues, the daily Tuk Tuk driver is available whenever we needed him (included in the room and quite convenient as it avoids the daily bargaining) and the inside Spa is also very nice. Very good spa service compared to others I have seen in Cambodia. Breakfast is great and also the other dining options during the day are good if you dont want to get out into town anymore. It is a bit far away but then again you really have to take a Tuk Tuk everywhere anyway so it doesnt matter if you drive 2min or 12min. Really no issue.
Thanks for everybody there for making our stay so pleasant. We would come back!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank CathrinB
Reviewed 28 May 2013

I loved this hotel. All the staff were extremely helpful and friendly. Everyone was always smiling and making sure you were alright and whether you needed anything. The location is just outside of town- which would be a bummer- except they have tuk-tuk drivers to take you where ever you need to go. I wish I knew before booking a different tour driver that the hotel made these tuk-tuk drivers completely available to you (they will take you to all the temples if you desire)- I could have saved $100! The food at the hotel is delicious and not overpriced, their breakfast is awesome and they have the BEST french-toast-like dish I have ever had. The pool is relaxing and clean and towels are available pool side. The spa is clean and the women working it are good and the prices are just right. I'm not sure how they compare with the prices outside of the hotel as I only used the hotel spa. They also were able to book us a car for transportation to Phnom Penh and it was the lowest price that I had been quoted- the driver was also safe and made plenty of stops for restrooms, etc. I got the feeling that this hotel really does care about it's customers and want to make sure they get the best price and people for transportation and tours. I would stay at this hotel again- which coming from me and my particular-ness about hotels says a lot. Love this place and loved the staff! Clean, friendly and a little oasis after a long day at Angkor wat- what more could you want?

Room Tip: We had room #1- it's on the end near the back so we didn't hear anything except occasional p...
4  Thank Sara W
Reviewed 28 May 2013

This hotel came highly recommended on Tripadvisor. And with good reason. The location is just a few minutes away from the bustling town center. The distance is a blessing as it provides a tranquil site to just relax after a long day of exploring the Angkor temples.
The complimentary tuk-tuk provided during your stay is another major plus since you can use the quaint mode of transportation all around Siem Reap including the entire Angkor temple complex and the floating villages.
The rooms are simply exquisite! Plush beds with soft covers. The bathroom with shower cabinet and bathtub is very clean and well equipped. Complimentary water bottles, fruit platter and a well stocked mini-bar make it very hard to ever leave the room.
The staff is very helpful and super friendly. They helped me arrange a birthday surprise for my wife and I must say we were impressed with their arrangements.
There is no doubt that this is by far the best boutique hotel I have had the pleasure of staying in and I would gladly recommend this place to my fellow travelling friends.

Room Tip: Select a room on the upper level to make good use of the balcony.
2  Thank NeoAaragorn
Reviewed 27 May 2013

So glad we booked this; an amazing place with gorgeous staff and everything you would dream of in a hotel - and then some. The only complaint is the booking options - just email direct. From the moment we arrived it was like with being with your attentive auntie who has been hanging out for you to arrive so she can pamper you. Cool drink, refreshing towel and a relaxed introduction to all of the services included in your stay - unbelievable for the price. You would never realize that there was a stunning art deco style retreat behind the plain facade. The rooms were very well appointed with canopied beds. Little touches of luxury surprised you as you explored your surroundings. The pool was a life saver after your tuk-tuk driver brought you back from the temples and the oppressive heat. The hotel is out of town a little but I see this as a positive as the night life could get a little rowdy.
We had a massage that was divine and the food was fabulous. On our 5 week trip around Asia - this was our absolute stand out in all all areas of comfort, friendliness, food and services. We would go back to Pavillon d'Orient just to have a relaxing, decadent holiday. Loved it!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Noshtalgia
Reviewed 26 May 2013 via mobile

I think I am tempted to go back one day, even if I have completed the visits of all the major temples, because I just want to go back to Pavillion d'Orient!

I won't repeat the usual raves. Room, food, service, quiet location... They are true!

I am a detail oriented person so I will focus on some things people normally do not notice, but these things significantly add up to the experience.

- Lightning speed answer to queries when you are planning to book. In a smart, polite manner. They clearly know that the experience starts not when you checkin. But the time you first write to inquire.

- They stand up when you approach the reception and talk to them. And they insist even if I noticed I've been chatting with them for a while and I told them to sit.

- how they feel really bad when I had to wait for 30 minutes for my tuktuk in the morning. Which is more a miscommunication than a fault of anyone

- How they offer late checkout without me asking

- how they greet you with a smile everytime. And how staff let you pass first , even once with a girl from housekeeping carrying lots of stuff. Even if I insisted that she can pass, she let me.

- how they allocated the quietest room when I told them during reservation that I hate noise

- how they put mosquito coils beneath tables at night. And put a strong fan beside the breakfast table to prevent flies.

The list goes on and on.

It's such a great getaway hotel. I didn't even use their tuktuk service at night. Why should I if the best service and food are in my hotel?

• Stayed: May 2013
5  Thank bankergirl1016
Reviewed 25 May 2013

Pros:This is a small very well managed hotel. The service is great, from the moment you arrive, the staff greets you with a very nice refreshing drinks and cold towels, while they explain about the temples, what to do, places to go,...having our own tuk tuk with the same driver all the time was also very convenient. This is not a luxurious hotel, but has everything we needed for a trip like this, the room was quite big and the breakfast was really yummy. You can really see the attention to details. Most of the guests are couples or families.
Cons: the restaurant area is open, what is very nice normally, but in end March, was extremelly hot and we were looking for places with aircon; the massage we had there was nothing special.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple