“It just gets better”

Ranked #31 of 356 Hotels in Siem Reap
Australia
“It just gets better”
Reviewed 3 January 2014

I returned again to the Pavillon after an absence of two years. The hotel, while still boutique and charming has added 18 rooms faithfully in keeping with the French colonial style. As previously, everyone wore a genuine, welcoming smile. They are simply the most charming, warm people and provide an eminently comfortable stay. Once again our tuktuk driver was Mr Davuth, who gave us the best recommendations on times to visit the Angkor site and was very solicitous for our safety and comfort. He is remembered very fondly. The breakfast was lovely and indeed all meals provided were delicious. I cannot imagine staying anywhere else in Siem Reap. So pleased to see the high standard has been maintained.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (340)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 2 January 2014

This hotel was exactly as described by the many tripadvisor reviewers. The personal tuk tuk was great and even though the pavillon is somewhat outside the city center (~15 mins) we went to town for dinner every night by tuk tuk and also used our driver when we explored Angkor Wat. Breakfast was outstanding - I loved the rice with a fresh egg, fresh fruit and pastries. The croissants are Paris quality. Rooms and bathrooms are clean. Would pick this place again if I ever return.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 2 January 2014

I splurged at this hotel on a weekend getaway to Siem Reap. Thankfully they were able to accommodate my last minute booking and I was impressed with the quick reply time to my emails. The hotel is beautiful and I had a great view overlooking the pool. I enjoyed sitting on the porch and enjoying the dusk each evening. I requested a tuk-tuk and private guide to take me around the temples for two days and both were so lovely and happily waiting for me each morning. The guide, Vanny, spoke excellent English and is a history buff. He took delight in explaining the history of the temples, which made it much more enjoyable and I felt free to ask all the questions I could think of. I arranged the tuk-tuk to take me into town one evening and he was very helpful in arranging a time and location to meet me and was waiting for me, even though I arrived to the spot early. I was a single female traveling alone and felt so comfortable and well looked-after with the hotel and staff. I highly recommend the Pavillon and will definitely stay here again in the future.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank jaimelthornton
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

This is a lovely hotel with very high quality service. A lot has been said by other reviewers about the main values of pavillon d'orient. The staff (from reception, to the restaurant, to the spa... And all the drivers!) are incredibly helpful and genuinely caring... they seem to be a very solid team. They work really hard to make sure all guests have the best possible experience. I really cannot say enough good things about our tuk tuk driver, Davuth, whom we will remember as a friend. We hope to come back soon. Thanks to all.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Cape Elizabeth, Maine
Reviewed 1 January 2014

Siem Reap is resplendent with many large luxury hotels, large tourist hotels, guest houses etc.. so there are many choices. But somewhat away from the massive concrete structures reminiscent of Disney installations there is the Pavillon d'Orient hotel: tastefully decorated , low key lodging beautiful with exotic gardens and excellent salt water swimming pools. The larger pool is almost 20 meters long so lap swimming is definitely an appealing option after a busy day of visiting various sites. The outdoor restaurant is also very nice. The breakfast choices were limited but the quantity was ample and the quality of food was very good; importantly the breakfast can be taken at any time of day.
The hotel organized a car, driver and guide for us, and this worked very well. Also, the Khmer massage offered on premises (30 minutes is complementary for all guests) was very nice. Most importantly the service was outstanding – very responsive and friendly staff always smiling and willing to help with any request, even slightly unusual. For example, I liked the traditional pants used during the message so I asked the front desk whether I could purchase a pair. The staff looked hard to find a new pair for me and I happily purchased it.
One item you might want to be careful with is site seeing tours beyond Siem Reap. While the pricing of all options is very clearly designated on the literature the hotel provides upon check-in, it is very easy to say yes to a plan laid out by the guide without fully realizing what additional charges might be involved - the guide did not go over these additional costs when discussing our itinerary. Consequently, even though the cost for the services were fair, I was surprised when it came to paying the bill.
Clearly they are many lodging options at Siem Reap, but you cannot go wrong with the Pavillon d'Orient hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the big pool and not next to housekeeping.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Singapore, null, Singapore
Reviewed 31 December 2013

We stayed in a Junior suite. We got free 2-way car transfer from the airport, daily tuk-tuk drive around town and temples area (excluding outskirts temples), 30-min free massage, free wi-fi, daily fruits basket, delicious breakfast that serves great smoothie, yoghurt, croissant, and even fried rice.

Charlie, a receptionist, was especially friendly and helpful. Sna, our tuk-tuk driver was also very prompt, responsible and even suggested itineraries to us.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Shanghai, China
Reviewed 30 December 2013

We are a family with 3 kids, they had a room for all of us!!! Very clean, very nice staff, good food.
We enjoyed the Tuk Tuk driver for the day a spicily with the kids. The staff at the reception helped us plan and gave us good advises.
Highly recommend!!