Pavillon d'Orient Boutique-Hotel is a nice hotel for sure: but does it deserve to be ranked as second in Siem Reap? I don't see why. I've just returned from four nights and thought:
- One of the pools is nice, the other dated. Could do with some more unbrellas though.
- Gardens are nicely done and the lobby is welcoming.
- Free tuk tuk and allocated driver for 12 hours a day: nice touch.
- Staff were friendly and reception staff helpful.
- Cleaning and housekeeping efficient and friendly.
- Rooms (not the suites which I didn't see) were dated: quite dark and bathrooms need renovation.
- Staff were very friendly, but lacked anticipation and pro-activity. No real sense of poolside "service" - you had to find them, not them encourage you to take that next drink.
- Breakfast was OK - poor quality sausage and a little lacklustre, omlettes very good though/
- No bar or real area to relax in the evening.
- Location quite far from town and thus a little isolated (overcome by the free tuk tuk).
In short a nice place, with good potential. But a little more encouragement needed service-wise (certainly poolside) and rooms and smaller pool could do with some renovation.
Could be excellent, but at the moment probably does not merit it's ranking on TA and needs some work to live up to this ranking.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Pavillon d'Orient Boutique-Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pavillon d`Orient Boutique Hotel Siem Reap