“Good value”

Ranked #31 of 356 Hotels in Siem Reap
Boston, Massachusetts
“Good value”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

The Pavillon is a good hotel and has a lot of positives. The rooms are large and the hotel is well-kept. The staff and the meals were without fault. It's not a luxury hotel but it is very comfortable and is great value for the cost. The hotel is a bit further from both the temples and Pub Street than I had thought (about 15 minutes to each). You have to plan out your day and your transportation more than I prefer. So the tuk-tuks are a necessity for this hotel. The benefits of being a bit further afield is that you have the time to ride in the back of a tuk-tuk and that is a great way to see some of the less touristy aspects of Siem Reap.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Newman_5a_5

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (340)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed here on out recent trip to South East Asia as a group of three. My two parents and I (aged 20) and it was absolutely amazing, I'm unable to fault it. Our transfer from the airport was waiting with our names on the sign and swiftly drove us through the rain to the hotel. It's along a "main road" which is dirt packed with mechanic shops and you pull in along the right of the road to a little door, but don't worry as soon as you step through its paradise! We were greeted by the lovely Claudia and one of the staff provided drinks, towels, and a full run Down about the hotel as well as Cambodia which was very interesting. felt great to hear it from them rather than reading it in the book. We were soon taken up to our room which was number 200, upstairs with a balcony facing the pool! I've stayed many nice places but this was one of the best! beautiful decor, comfy clean beds with mosquito nets (a plus as it's a very tropical climate!!) and a day bed in one side of the room which made it even easier to settle in. Our room was the Junior Family Suite (nothing jnr about it!) Two luxurious bathrooms and a large balcony overlooking the pool and restaurant. The pool is salt water, mango trees surround it which you can pick to your hearts desire! and while relaxing on the loungers you can have food/ drink delivered. All the staff here are amazingly kind, and welcoming, perhaps a few too many welcomes but that's nothing to complain about! They always remembered us, our room number and previous orders :) very hard working people. Breakfast is very sufficient with a buffet and a menu where you can order western and Asian cuisines - lunch and dinner here are also fantastic . we ate here a lot!! THE BEST THING about this hotel is you get your own tuk tuk driver, Ours was Mr Jock and he was lovely and we always felt safe on the roads (which isn't easy!) it's so handy because you never need to worry about prices of tuk Tuks going or returning to your destinations which can be daunting. he took us around the temples, had a good basic knowledge of history here and was always very very kind. Bed time stories about traditional Cambodian tales are a cute touch at the hotel and With two pools, perfect location between downtown siem reap and Angkor wat I would come back to Siem reap just to stay here. Absolutely Fantastic.

Stayed May 2014
2 Thank Tessa14M
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Loved this place when my friends and I stayed here last year, a natural choice to return this year with another mate, this time for 10 whole lovely relaxing days at the start of May.

Had deluxe rooms, 18 and 19 on the upper floor facing the smaller pool. Immediately noticed one welcome change from last year was the changeover of all the plugs to international fittings - Bonus to not require an adaptor, just upped my satisfaction quotient even further! What hadn't changed was the well maintained room fixtures, gardens and grounds,

You won't get a daily paper (though I'm sure they'd arrange it if you really needed one) but there's loads of English language channels on the tv if you really really need to stay in touch with the world - And you have wi-fi - I found it a little erratic early evenings but other times it was faster than my connection in the UK(!) and could skype no problem, Speaking of which, if you didn't mind a less personal call, you could go down to reception and call international on the phone there. There's about 5 wifi connections in the property, I found it easiest to sign in to all of them, then whenever I was within the hotel - In the room, in reception, round the pool or at the restaurant I'd switch to the strongest connection.

Now to the team and facilities - We had a car and driver for the 10 days - Mr Choinn, who was the gentleman I had last year; An excellent guy, courteous, not very strong in speaking English but always made good suggestions. The reception team were so good, professional and pro-active with suggestions; Claudia was a gem in prepping our stay before we arrived, arranging a lovely birthday cake for me, and even helping my friend get medication when her tummy was acting up. The lovely spa lady was so good for my back and aching legs, and had a knack of working out the tight spots. Housekeeping were super efficient and always friendly if you bumped into them in the corridors, even when checking out they ran downstairs to say I'd left something in the room. The restaurant crew were the very very best - friendly, hard working and so kind to the both of us - In reply to an earlier reviewer that nobody could be That friendly, I'd like to say that actually, when hanging around the pool, you could see the restaurant team at work, and with no guests to serve, they were just as friendly, jovial and jokey with each other as with us. Oh and the pools were great places to hang around after a day at the temples - so relaxing, and so fun to hear the occasional thunk or splash as another mango dropped from the tree onto the lawn or into the pool.

I'm missing the great people and the great hotel, hope to have the opportunity to go back next year. An absolute unreserved recommendation.

Room Tip: Upper floor deluxe rooms are great
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank gorpalm
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Stayed for 5 nights in April, my third time at Pavillon d'Orient (this time with my baby in tow). What can I say except all the amazing reviews are spot on; Sebastien and all of his staff (everyone from reception to groundskeepers) are so incredibly friendly and helpful. Nothing was ever too much trouble. Some of the staff we first met in 2011, and it was nice that they seemed to remember us and fussed over my son. Everything about this hotel makes you feel relaxed, and the staff are so welcoming - it almost feels like 'coming home'. There is absolutely nothing even slightly negative I could say about this place. It may be out of the main tourist part of SIem Reap, but having your own tuk tuk driver you don't even notice, and it adds to the relax appeal to be away from the hustle and bustle.

The grounds are beautiful (my son loved running around all the greenery!), the food is great, and massages are amazing. Pricing is fantastic too.

Do yourself and favour and book here, you won't regret it! This place keeps us coming back to Siem Reap.

See you in 2 years Sebastien & team!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Liz6285
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 7 May 2014

We stayed at Pavillon D'Orient in January for 10 wonderful nights, I think previous reviews say it all as this hotel is hard to beat when it comes to personal service. We stayed in a family suite with 2 bedrooms with our two children 4 & 6, it was perfect as 2 bedrooms separated by an archway. We had privacy but could still hear the children at the night if they needed anything. Our two little girls were treated like royalty for the duration of our stay and the restaurant went out of their way to accommodate us - making hot chocolate when they overheard the girls saying they would love one or making my daughters favourite chicken/mayo sandwiches. It is these little touches that make a family holiday like this so special. I cannot recommend this hotel enough for a relaxing family holiday and Sebastian and his team go above and beyond. Mr. Seth was our driver - he was fantastic with the children, patient and a very good driver. We cannot wait to return to Pavillon - we have travelled extensively in Asia and this was by far one of our favourite hotels.

Room Tip: Room 101 perfect for families and on ground floor.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Agnes H
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed 6 May 2014

The things that we enjoyed were: the initial email contact, the driver picking us up at the airport, the fabulous tuk tuk driver (Mr Jock), the staff, the management, the room, the pool, the food and the price. What a fabulous oasis of calm in a fascinating part of the world.

Room Tip: We had an upstairs room - great light and nice to have a "view".
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 6 May 2014

We have just spent four nights at this great hotel in Siem Reap. Arrived at 8.30am after a long trip from home and we were picked up as arranged from the airport and delivered to the front door, and that is what greeted us, a door in a busy main road, next to workshops and small stores. We were then engulfed by a group of young men and women who took our bags and gave us cold drinks and towels while leading us through the beautiful gardens to reception. Once we entered the grounds any view or sound of the outside stopped and we were totally relaxed. Fully expecting to be told that our rooms 'weren't ready yet' we were spoken to by young Mr Danny who explained everything that we needed to know about the hotel, including our benefits, all standard, a tuk tuk at our disposal throughout our stay, complimentary massages and breakfast available all day in the restaurant. We were then taken to our rooms without any of notion of 'we're doing you a favour by letting you check in early.'
This was our first hotel experience in Cambodia and I cannot see how staff could be more helpful, friendly and caring, all of our needs were met with transport and tours. I became ill on day three and any of the staff that became aware offered best wishes and even suggestions to get me back on my feet.
The grounds are a tropical garden with two beautiful pools. The restaurant setting was nice and breakfast was great, we even had it at 3pm on our temple visit day and 6pm in our room on my bedridden day! The geckos, frogs and fish ponds fitted in to the natural setting.
The two ladies in our group kept the spa ticking over every day and loved it.
In all of this bliss there is one negative comment, trivial though it may be, the pizza we ordered for dinner at the restaurant was not hot and we waited a fair while for it. I was told it was delivered from elsewhere and I think that there are quality issues which arise if this is the case. If pizza wasn't offered we would have ordered something else that no doubt would have been served fresh and appetising like all of the other food that we ordered.
I don't know how this hotel rates for value in Siem Reap and I really don't care because for us it was fantastic value and we would return and recommend every time.

Room Tip: We had a junior suite with balcony overlooking gardens and pool.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends