“Exquisite hotel with impeccable service... and a tuk tuk thrown in!”

Pavillon d'Orient Boutique-Hotel
Ranked #31 of 353 Hotels in Siem Reap
london
“Exquisite hotel with impeccable service... and a tuk tuk thrown in!”
Reviewed 27 February 2009

Hotel is really nice. Never had such helpful staff anywhere. The rooms are very comfortable, and slightly colonial. Every wish was accomodated and the staff attention was just incredible. I would have loved to have stayed much longer! Although the hotel is a bit out from the centre this doesn't matter in the least as you have your own tuk-tuk and driver to take you around. The tuk-tuk made our stay hassle free and was great fun. Book into this hotel and you will have a great stay.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (338)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
London
Reviewed 26 February 2009

There is a reason this hotel is currently number 1 - it is fabulous! I am a very picky about hotels and this is one of the nicest places I've stayed. The rooms are done up to a very high standard, and feel cozy and romantic (also, the sheets smelled heavenly). The bathroom had a luxury spa feel, great water pressure in the shower for cleaning off after visiting dusty temples all day. I cannot speak highly enough of Sebastien and his staff - the level of service was incredible. One of the warmest welcomes I've received at a hotel and Sebastien helpfully organised an itinerary for us. We had the use of a friendly tuk tuk driver for our entire stay, as well as car transport to/from the airport all included in the price of the room - fantastic value. The hotel is located a bit out of town, but it's really better that way - less noisy, closer to the temples and very easy to get into town with the tuk tuk driver. My only regret is that I didn't stay longer.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank vegan_princess
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 25 February 2009

I stayed at Pavillon d'Orient for a total of 4 nights (1 night alone, 3 with friends) and have to say it is one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in.
The property looks quite unimpressive from the outside, but the minute you step in it's like being transported to another world. The decor of the hotel is excellent, and the rooms extremely comfortable with a private balcony, airconditioning & flatscreen TV. The rooms also have a safe, minibar and telephone. I loved the closet, which could be opened and closed with a curtain instead of the traditional door. The bathrooms have a seperate bathtub and a very nice rain shower.
The restaurant (Les Planteur) is nice, with reasonable prices and a good selection of local and international dishes. I did not use the spa myself, but a friend was extremely pleased with the massage she got. The pool is absolutely perfect to jump into after a long, hot day touring the wats.
The location of the hotel is perfect for those who want to be away from the bustle of the main city centre. It's located approximately halfway between the Old Market area and Angkor Wat (15-20 minute tuk tuk ride to both), so you are not surrounded by tourists but at the same time is accessible. The hotel also provides a free tuk tuk for the duration of your stay, which makes it extremely easy to get around. Ask for Mr. Chin, who has to be the nicest tuk tuk driver in Siem Reap.
What really sets this hotel apart from any other is the service. The staff always had a smile on their face, at anytime of the day or night. The staff made sure that we were out of the room before they did the turn-down service (I hate it when I'm in the middle of a shower and I get a knock on the door, which happens in every other hotel I've stayed at). What I really appreciated was that when my friend had to fly back early due to a family emergency, the hotel helped organize the air ticket (on a Sunday!) at no extra charge. They also provided a free airport transfer! On checking out, we were given with thoughtful personalised gifts, even though it was 6 am in the morning.
Sebastien and his team at Pavillon d'Orient do an excellent job of making your stay a memorable one, and I will definitely be going back multiple times!

• Stayed February 2009, travelled with friends
3 Thank radvani
New York, NY
Reviewed 11 February 2009

We spent two nights at this comfortable, welcoming, and helpful hotel with our family, including two of us in our 60s, our daughter and son-in-law in their 30s, and our three- and six-year-old grandchildren. With its relatively small size, spacious rooms, open-air restaurant, and clean outdoor pool, this was the perfect enclave in which to relax after long hot hours spent clambering over Ankgor Wat ruins. We have traveled extensively, but we have seldom encountered a more friendly and helpful staff, including the gracious proprietor, Sebastien. The unlimited use of one tuk-tuk per room (with driver) offered a unique bonus to the already low rate, not to mention a very healthy free breakfast. We unreservedly recommend this charming boutique hotel to tourists of all ages.

• Liked — The amazingly friendly and helpful staff
  • Disliked — No complaints at all.
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank E.Bachman
Chicago
Reviewed 2 February 2009

This was our second trip to Siem Reap. We knew we would see less of the temples this time, and spend more time relaxing at our hotel. We made a great decision when we booked the Pavillon d'Orient. The room was great (awesome balcony), the showers were perfect (hot with great water pressure), the pool was lovely and the grounds were lush and peaceful. I got very sick one evening (NOT from the restaurant here!!) and it was a good place to recover. My husband missed breakfast because he was tending to me and when he went down to get me some ice, the staff insisted upon bringing some breakfast food up to him in our room. The staff would bring us water EVERY TIME we used the computer or were waiting for the tuk tuk. Amazing, attentive staff. No, you can't walk to the "Pub St." area from here, but tuk tuk rides are one of my favorite aspects of traveling in this part of the world. I loved taking the tuk tuk to and from town as it gave me a chance to see what people were up to on the way. Overall, just fantastic.

• Stayed January 2009, travelled as a couple