“Amazing at sunset”

and up
Small Group Full-Day Banteay and Preah Khan Srei Temple Tour w/Hotel Pickup
Ranked #28 of 188 things to do in Siem Reap
Reviewed 21 June 2014

I visited Pre Rup on two separate occasions. Once during the heat of the day (I don't recommend this as it's like walking through a kiln) and the other time at sunset. The colours at sunset were really quite spectacular. I highly recommend a trip here at the end of the day.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,069)
All reviews
"steep climb"
in 28 reviews
"temple mountain"
in 21 reviews
"east baray"
in 9 reviews
"great views from the top"
"wooden staircase"
in 7 reviews
"tuk tuk"
in 13 reviews

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Pre rup is a well know mountain pyramid temple so an introduction is not be necessary. However I would like mention that although the sunset view is magnificent, it can be very crowded and can ruin the moment. If you want to take a panoramic photo of the temple, try the western entrance rather than the eastern entrance (where the car usually drop you off). The is more room and less people and vehicles to clutter the view.

Also several people have commented on the steepness of the steps. The trick is to climb sideways with one hand available to steady yourself. Also maintaining a steady pace will help with the balance.

2  Thank E150A
Reviewed 17 June 2014

After an exhausting climb to Kbal Spean, we headed back to the Angkors and this one looks more treacherous than the other temples. Not many people scaled its heights by the time we visited it early in the afternoon. We just took photos from the outside.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

This is a must see temple. Beautiful lay out and amazing view for sunset.

As it's so popular it can get very busy. The steps are ridiculously steep and vertigo kicked in a bit for me. I came down the steps on my bum after seeing someone take a mini tumble down the last few steps - he was very lucky not to be injured. Take care but don't miss this one!

1  Thank Angelfish1977
See more reviews
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Climbed this one, and the builders must be crazy. The steps are so steep, it makes me wonder how thick are the thighs of the people during those times to climb such steps. My kids either took a pic or a video of me really huffing and puffing as we reached the "penthouse" floor. There was something at the center tower, but we really couldn't see as it was cordoned off. Climbing down is also an adventure, holding to the sides, making sure each step is secure. Then the view (looking down) is another adventure. I wonder how those who are afraid of heights or with vertigo would handle it. Obviously, the temple builders and temple users did not have the fear of heights!

3  Thank al22tecc