“Visit to Angkor Wat”

Ranked #203 of 337 Hotels in Siem Reap
San Diego, California
“Visit to Angkor Wat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2012

The hotel was just what I was looking for. The price was right and it included breakfast. There was a woman who played a traditional instrument in the Lobby one morning. The pool was welcome respite after visiting Angkor Wat. There were lots of Chinese and some Russians staying in the hotel. I was THE only diner in the hall for dinner one night. I remarked to the waiter how dead quiet it was and he graciously chatted with me for about an hour while I enjoyed my dinner. I didn't have any cambodian stamps and I wanted to post a few cards so the hotel posted them for me @ $1.00 per card. The most common currency used in Cambodia is US dollars or Thai Baht.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Makati
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2012

We stayed here for our 2012 new year celebration. Our room is clean, comfy and complete with amenities. The bathroom has a tub, h&c shower etc. There is a free tuktuk ride to the hotel from the airport or bus. But they fetched us from another hotel. The free breakfast is buffet style. Not bad for a 4star hotel and on a promo rate. The pool is great and the garden is relaxing. The staff are cheerful and accomodating. The location of the hotel is a bit far from the market and the city center (restos, bar and spas). But there are small stores and restos a few meters away. Overall, a very nice hotel in the middle of Cambodia.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Prescott, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

This hotel was a good value last year and a better value this year. The pool bar is now open and the rooms now have free wifi. I was given a room upgrade and stayed in a new room, with a view of the pool, in the back building. The room was very comfortable, with a flat screen TV with 80 channels. The bathroom has a spacious shower and a bathtub. Toiletries, slippers and bathrobes were all provided. The hotel restaurant was offering a discount so I gave room service a try. The menu choices are limited but I was surprised to find the Khmer meals were as good, and the quantity better than Pub street. The pool deserves special mention. It is large enough and is surrounded by lots of flowers, bushes, and trees. Together with a tropical drink from the bar it is very relaxing. You can even sit in the shade with your laptop as the pool has wifi too!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2012

The tour company we booked our holiday through moved us to this hotel after having a bad experience. We were quite surprised to find that the rooms were big, clean,no nasties,the pool was big and the staff happy to help. The only con was that it was not near the tourist area but we didn't mind paying $3 for a tuk-tuk. The breakfast was hot and had a variety of things.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2011

I only had the pleasure of staying here for 2 nights. I wish I could have stayed for a week. The staff here are extremely helpful, friendly and very well-spoken. The rooms are extremely clean and tidy with very comfortable furnishings. State of the art electronic room control system right next to your bed which controls the lights, temperature and alarm clock.
When I left the hotel, I forgot my weight pockets for my BCD in the room and only realized this once I arrived in Phuket and was unpacking my dive gear. I was really worried as these are worth $100 each. I emailed the hotel once I realized I had left them there and they confirmed they had them and said they would send them to me in Sihanoukville at no extra cost. Once I arrived in Sihanoukville about 1 week later, the package was there waiting for me.
I highly recommend this hotel to anyone as it truly is a great hotel to stay at.

Room Tip: They're all good.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank KiwiDiverAbroad
Charlotte, Vermont
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2011

The rooms and hotel itself were spacious and comfortable. The price was very good - so good in fact that I booked individual rooms for my adult son and myself. Amenities were few although the pool was quite nice. Staff were friendly and unobtrusive. Breakfast was fine - nothing special but certainly adequate and with enough variety to suit most tastes.
The distance from the center of town (Pub Street) was a concern at first, but it was still only a $3 tuk-tuk ride away and a very pleasant trip at that. All in all, I would highly recommend this hotel for the value conscious traveler.

Room Tip: The hotel seems to be in two sections. We stayed in the wing furthest from the road and behind the...
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2011

It is definately one of the best value for money we have stayed in, the room was large and well appointed with everything. It is like a resort with a large pool, Gym (not that we used it),restaurantetc. The staff are helpfull and courteous, It is very clean, Nad they will pick you up from the airport

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the front overlooking the pool
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple