“Luxury hotel in Siem Reap”
Review of Lucky Angkor Hotel

Lucky Angkor Hotel
Ranked #208 of 342 Hotels in Siem Reap
Brisbane, Australia
“Luxury hotel in Siem Reap”
Reviewed 6 May 2013

I stayed at Lucky Angkor hotel for 3 days after finishing my volunteer work in Siem Reap in March 2013. The staff were very helpful and I had no problems with my booking or checking in. Ratana, the Online Sales Manager was extremely helpful and ensured that our stay was comfortable and that everything was running smoothly. The rooms were lovely as well - the bed was so comfortable and the pillows were fantastic! The bathroom was fabulous and I had no issues with the water temperature or shower pressure. It was also great having the air conditioning in our room and access to wifi. Although the hotel’s location isn’t right in the centre of old market, it was very easy to find a cheap tuk tuk, and it was great being so close (3km away) to Angkor Wat. Overall, I had a fantastic time in this hotel and I am so grateful for all the wonderful staff (especially Ratana, thank you!!) and the lovely service they provided. Thank you for making my stay so memorable!!!!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Ratana5793, Manager at Lucky Angkor Hotel, responded to this review, 7 May 2013
Dear Ms.Madeleine

Warmest greetings from Lucky Angkor Hotel,
Thank you very much for taking your valued time to leave a nice feedback on Tripadvisor.com

We are so delighted to hear that your were enjoyed and most satisfied with our service ,facilities and staff performance and happy to hear that you are very much appreciated to their efforts.

Whilst you stayed with us is a good memorable especially when we were at pub street and Cambodian pub street. I can't forget that time especially when I and my friend had a performance on the stage and sing the song with his guitar for your farewell party , Can you remember the song?( Take me to your heart ) It was amazing and most fun especially when i can't remember the lyrics :P.

Once again on behalf of management and team at Lucky Angkor Hotel, we are very much appreciated and we are looking forwards to having a pleasure of welcoming you again in the end of this year and can't wait to see you very soon.

Lucky Angkor Management and Team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Reviewed 4 May 2013 via mobile

I stayed at Lucky Angkor Hotel for a few days and was pleased at the standard for a luxury hotel.
The service was good and the rooms were beautiful. I enjoyed the buffet breakfast and appreciated having wifi in my room.
The location isn't near old market but I was happy to be on the national highway, closer to Angkor Wat than in town and near Phsar Leu market.

• Stayed March 2013
Ratana5793, Manager at Lucky Angkor Hotel, responded to this review, 5 May 2013
Dear Ms.Sara

Warmest greetings from Lucky Angkor Hotel,

We are so delighted to learn that you had enjoyed and most satisfied with our service and our varieties menus of breakfast while most of the guest are compliment its.

On behalf of management and team at Lucky Angkor Hotel, we would like to say thank you again and very much appreciated.
We are looking forward to having a pleasure of welcoming you again.

very best regards,
Ulverstone, Tasmania, Australia
Reviewed 4 May 2013

While on the bus from Phnom Penh to Siem Reap I hadn't booked a hotel yet and by looking at the hotels available I chose this one ' Lucky Angkor Hotel ' upon my arrival I had 2 items my suitcase and my travel bag, the staff were very helpful and carried my suitcase into my room, I loved the room is was all neat and tidy, I didn't mind that it was far from pub street, so I can tour around on my way to the restaurants around. Overall I loved my experience at Lucky Angkor Hotel and all the staff are friendly and caring and are willing to help you at anyone and with information of places and the best way to get there. Thank you Lucky Angkor I appreciate it and I will be staying here again on my next visit! :)

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
Ratana5793, Manager at Lucky Angkor Hotel, responded to this review, 5 May 2013
Dear Mr.Dylan,

Warmest greetings from Lucky Angkor Hotel,

Thank you very much for taking your valued time to leave a comment following your recent stay at Lucky Angkor Hotel.
We are so delighted to hear that you were enjoyed and most satisfied with our service and helpful staff. Your comment is very helpful to us.

On behalf of Management and team at Lucky Angkor Hotel, we are very much appreciated and hope you give us an opportunity to welcome you again in the near future.

Siem Reap, Cambodia
Reviewed 27 April 2013

The hotel is a bit far from the pub street and old markets but it is convenience to take the Tuk Tuk which you just spend a few dollars and yet it is very convenience access to Angkor Archeological Park. The Deluxe Room are very beautiful design mix of traditional Khmer architect and western concept with the completed amenities up to the standard of International 4-star Hotel. You can relax and refresh by the swimming pool with the cold drink of the bar after visiting the temple as the bar is open until mid night. I am strongly recommend for those who looking to stay in the standard hotel with a very special price and friendly environment.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Ratana5793, Manager at Lucky Angkor Hotel, responded to this review, 29 April 2013
Dear Mr.Saron

Warmest greetings from Lucky Angkor Hotel
Thank you very much for taking your value time to leave your comments following your recent stay at Lucky Angkor Hotel.

Lucky Angkor Hotel is a 4-star hotel in the heart of the city, featuring luxurious accommodation, sumptuous cuisine, elegant ballroom, modern business center. Our Superior, Deluxe Rooms and Suite offer a pleasant mix of local materials and up-to-date equipment including Cable TV, WiFi ect... Full Service and amenities: Full Load Mini Bar; Cable TV; IDD; Fruits Basket; Hair Dryer; Full Bathroom Amenities.

On behalf of management and team at Lucky Angkor Hotel, We are delighted to learn that you had enjoyed and most satisfied with our service and hospitality.
Your comments are very helpful to us, and much appreciated. we are looking forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you here once again.

Lucky Angkor Management Team
Siem Reap, Siemreab-Otdar Meanchey, Cambodia
Reviewed 13 April 2013

Love this place, staff is awesome, very clean and modern with big bathrooms, amazing breakfast included and a very nice pool. It's a little outside town which is kinda nice if you want to just chill or go to the temples. Stay here and you will be a very happy traveler, Enjoy!

Room Tip: Try to stay in the back building if possible
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Ratana5793, Manager at Lucky Angkor Hotel, responded to this review, 17 April 2013
Dear Tony,

Thank you very much for taking your valued time to write a review on TripAdvisor.com
On behalf of management and team at TSP Lucky Angkor Hotel, we would like to say thank you very much for sharing your nice feedback on TripAdvisor.com
We are so delighted to learn that you were satisfied by our services and facilities.
We are looking forward to host your return in some days.

Ratana
Metro Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 3 March 2013

My first visit to Siem Reap so was not sure what the hotel standard was like. I was very impressed with this hotel, it is very clean and the hotel room was big and the bathrooms a good standard (actually had a bath as well as a shower which was much appreciated). The breakfast was excellent with a great choice of food to suite all tastes.

As the hotel is situated about 10 minutes (tuc tuc ride) out of the centre of Siem Reap it affords a peaceful nights sleep.

The swimming pool is a good size and well maintained.

The staff were helpful and always available. Excellent value for money and I unreservedly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Helen A
Ratana5793, Manager at Lucky Angkor Hotel, responded to this review, 19 April 2013
Dear Valued Client,

Thank you for taking your valued time to post your feedback regarding your experience in our property.

we are happy to learn that you're enjoyed with our varieties menus of breakfast while most of the guest are compliment its then we are pleased to read that the service provided by our team was of a high standard especially facilities and helpful staffs.
I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again in near future.

very best regards,
Lucky Angkor management team
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 28 February 2013

Stayed there during an exhibition where other hotel were full, I had a chance to try both the newly renovated rooms in the front building and also a little better rooms in the back building. Price was USD$5-10 different, but the room at the back building are better and bigger. Staff were okay but not that good. Breakfast was normal, eggs, bread, noodles but not that tasty. The water system in the front was not good, very weak and sometimes only have cold water. If you had to stay then go for the room in the back building. Good thing is that it is close to the exhibition area.

Room Tip: go for the rooms in the back building
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Dear Valued Client,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments.

I am deeply sorry for the inconvenience caused by the issues you have described, and do hope that you will give us another opportunity to prove to you the high standards of service .
your feedback did leave me a little concerned.

Anyway, all statement is valued for us, I do hope you will give us another opportunity to welcome you back.

Best regards