“Nice Hotel, Good Location”
Review of Lucky Angkor Hotel

Lucky Angkor Hotel
Ranked #209 of 353 Hotels in Siem Reap
Cochrane, Canada
“Nice Hotel, Good Location”
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Booked on fairly short notice. It was easy to find, and conveniently close to Angkor Wat. The room was clean, and quiet. Internet was quite slow and didn't work from the room for the first night. The bed was hard as a rock however. Staff was friendly and courteous.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Canada_Garnet

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 16 January 2014

Looks good from the outside but it seems like they skipped a few steps during construction. Also, I didn't realize when I booked that it was so far from the city centre. We were only in Cambodia for 2 nights and given the location of the hotel I didn't feel like we really got to explore Siem Reap. We took a tuk tuk into town one night for dinner after exploring the temples at Angkor and things were definitely more lively and happening there. I would recommend finding a hotel in that area. To top things all off I am pretty sure the cleaning lady stole cash from us...

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Ledercho
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Reviewed 14 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 nights. I already had some qualms with this hotel before arriving, as I had tried to contact them via email about our airport pick up from siem reap international airport but after several unsuccessful attempts I had no response. And surprise surprise there was no-one waiting for us at the airport and we had to get a taxi. When we arrived the staff were ok. A lot have a limited understanding of English and will not be able to understand you easily, be careful and use your words wisely. Our room was nice and had all the basics. The breakfast was pretty average, not the best by a long shot. The hotel also includes a daily free tuktuk to the old market in siem reap town for online bookers. Also we sometimes got a 20% discount on drinks and food at the poolside bar. I'm not entirely sure why we did sometimes and other times not but I'm not complaining. We had some problems with the staff. We called to reception to get our bathroom fixed and had to call several times before they understood and came to fix it. Sometimes we just gave up trying because they clearly did not understand and it was easier just to leave the small things and work it out ourselves. We visited the temple one day and wanted to have a pool day the next but the pool was closed for the whole day for cleaning I assume, we weren't impressed as besides the temples, there's not much to see here. We tried to ask the staff when the pool would reopen but they didn't understand, we gave up instead. They did however manage to organise our bus to Phnom Penh which was good. Door staff are obviously only trained to say hello, but offer to help you, get confused, and smile at you instead. Hmmm. Overall a pretty good hotel, it's not really in the middle of town but tuktuks are cheap and readily available. Pretty easy to get around here.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Henry S
Kalamazoo, Michigan
Reviewed 14 January 2014 via mobile

This place lacks in comfort. The beds are rocks, only 1 small flat pillow per bed and bathrooms need major overhaul. The hotel has potential but could use a remodel in the dining area, breakfast is just ok, place is very dark. The customer service lacks, the poor girls at the front desk can't answer a single question without going into the back room to ask a mysterious person for approval. Charged a $1 for ice in a bucket. Transfer was included from airport but they didn't provide a car big enough for the 8 people that were part of our party. I rented 3 rooms. Many emails were exchanged about having 8 people and needing a big car for which they said no problem. No apology or attempt to pay for our taxi. I definitely would not go back many other hotels to choose from in the area.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank wmreajs
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 13 January 2014

I took this hotel because it was included in the package. However, I checked that the price via internet would be around USD50 a night that was not so expensive. I stayed here for 3 nights and took the so-called "French style" dinner here in the first night because that was also inclusive in the package. In my opinion, food and service are OK here after considering the price.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 January 2014

We booked a Deluxe room with facing the pool side but was placed in a room with no balcony facing the other side of the hotel (which is cheaper than the room type we booked). Went to the reception on the new years eve to ask about it. The lady at the reception told us they don't have availability for the room type we've booked and they can't do anything about it. We were not happy about it at all so we asked for a refund of the difference of the different room type. Another guy at the reception then suggested about placing us in the correct room when there is availability. We said that it will be really inconvenient for us as we are only staying for 3 nights and want to avoid moving all out unpacked stuff. He said he will contact their e-commerce team and asked us to wait at their lobby (which is full of mosquitoes) and get back to us. We told him we will go back to our room and asked him to call us asap when he got an answer. He never called us. We went to see him on the next night and he told us they cannot refund but can provide us one meal each without any drink (which cost much lower than the difference in cost between the room types).

Two minutes after i started my shower suddenly the hot water are all gone. We called the reception they said they will check. My friend then went to the reception to ask. The same lady told my friend that they cutoff the hot water for maintenance and they cannot do anything about it. I was wet wrapped in a towel with soap all over me when a guy from the hotel came to the room to check the water. I asked him how long would it take for the hot water to come back. He said one hour. He asked me if i can finish my shower using cold water. I told him im already feeling sick and i cannot use cold water to shower. I asked him if i can goto another room to finish my shower. He said no then said he will contact the manager. After that he took me to a room in another building for me to finish my shower. I dont understand why there is NO NOTIFICATION for the hotel about the maintenance to avoid situation like this.

3) i caught fever that night and called the reception to get a doctor (as their visitor menu has this option). The guy told me he will check and call back. Again, call back never happened. I called again to grab a taxi to the hospital. The same guy said its easier to call a tuk tuk. I asked how long the trip is and he said 20 mins one way. I declined his suggestion as im too sick to travel with tuk tuk for my situation. Then he called the taxi which came around 15 mins later.

In summary, i feel that the staff shows no caring about guest when there is a situation. Also, they will not suggest any solution to fix the problem for the guest. They just want the problem to go 'automatically'!

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank HappyCatRs
California City, California
Reviewed 2 January 2014

i stay in this hotel 3night, it is a nice place with good service, free airport pick up with helpful driver. i like the room stile and color.the local transport (TUK TUK) i get offering daily settle 1way to down town.
The Outside area might seem a bit quiet but trust me, it's beautifully quiet place to be compared with the center of Pub street hotel.

Room Tip: the location is a little-bit off from the market center, but is not very for away since it is a smal...