“my favourite. :)”

Cuisines: Asian, French, International
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 20 November 2013

I have been to Abacus many times over the last few years- it has never disappointed.
I have trouble getting past the Lamb leg but I hear everything else is wonderful too. The goats cheese salad appetizer is always a treat. It remains my special occasion restaurant.

Reviewed 2 November 2013

Fod was very good and staff was as well friendly. Location atmosphere was slightly cold and could be improved. But over all a place where you will find a good meal with nice staff seving you.

Reviewed 29 October 2013

After having a very nice meal on our first night in Siem Reap we thought it was going to be difficult to equal, or better the experience. Well we were wrong having asked a number of locals we were directed to Abacus and again were pleasantly surprised. The first comments we had were it is very nice but more expensive than many restaurants. Once again the food was excellent and the quality of both the food and service could not be faulted. A very pleasant meal with a wide selection of local and foreign dishes on the menu. I don't know where the 'expensive' came from. Compared to the UK the food was most reasonable and I would highly recommend Abacus to anyone staying in Siem Reap, wanting to experience excellent local cooking.

Reviewed 15 October 2013

A French restaurant that you would be delighted to enjoy in any city in the world. You can see the french colonial influnce in this great menu. Some of the best French food we have ever enjoyed. Really worth a visit!

Reviewed 22 September 2013

We were looking for a nice restaurant to go to for a change from Cambodian food and decided on this french restaurant. It turned out to be the best food choice we made for the 4 day 3 nights we were in siem reap. While pricey when compared to the Pub street restaurants, the standard of the food served was relatively high. We had a tasty crabmeat salad and a platter of scallops and prawns for starters - only disappointment was that the scallops tasted bland (probably because they were frozen?). Our mains of duck breast and Dory were nice, but the latter was abit confusing because it also had grilled prawns, crabmeat and pasta cakes and we could not tell which was the focus or highlight of the dish. We then had Roquefort cheese and apple toast, and a chocolate truffle cake for desserts. My husband felt that the cheese was way too strong and the way that the toast was prepared made it feel like it was a starter or a main rather than a dessert. I loved the truffle cake with the ginger ice cream, but it is not a cake, but rather a whole chock a block of rich chocolate and definitely too much for one person. The ginger ice was really nice though, with small strips of candied ginger and went well with the chocolate. Overall a great meal..the restaurant was quiet, did not have baby chairs for my son but he was happy sitting on the padded sofa bench. They also seem to have some tie ups with tour groups as we noticed a few tables come and go with pre prepared set menus, while we were offered only the ala carte menu. Having seen the options on that set menu, I would strongly advise the ala carte options!