“Mixed Reviews”

Ranked #189 of 279 Speciality Lodging in Siem Reap
Manila, Philippines
“Mixed Reviews”
Reviewed 28 January 2010

Food was good; Staff was generally ok (except for the owner who had some serious mood swings); Rooms were cleaned regularly although not as clean as I want them to be; Hallways, smoking area, internet area, & dining area could use some general cleaning as there was dust everywhere; A/C could use a little more power (trust me, you would want this too after a long day at the temples).

I guess my major issue would be the water -- you could smell & unfortunately, taste, the rust in it (ex. when brushing your teeth or taking a bath).

Overall, I still think that if you're on a budget, this is the place for you. At least, if you don't mind roughing it. However, if you have a little more budget, do go for other nearby establishments (see Two Dragons next door).

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Thai first
Malaga, Spain
Reviewed 12 January 2010

We were actually in Siem Reap seeking work teaching English. The staff not only made our stay confortable but suggested schools where we might find work. We stayed 10 days before we departed to Thailand.

The staff were friendly and nothing was too much trouble. The WiFi connection was always available and fast. The beer cold and the breakfasts good. I was always requesting hot water for my tea and it was never a problem.

Bike was available at $1 per day, good mountain style bikes too. It was a pleasant walk along the river to the Old market and Pub street so everything was walkable.

Wat Bo is a must see for local interest.

If I ever visit Siem Reap again the HSH is on my list.

Alan Wilson

• Stayed December 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 January 2010

But what should i expect for such a cheap place??
this really simple place in a bad location, on this ugly dust street.
But at least they have free internet computers!

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Siem Reap hotels

CANADA!
Reviewed 15 December 2009

After spending 2 months traveling throughout thailand, cambodia, laos, and moving from plae to place, i truly can say this was the most 'bang for its buck'.... at 6$ a night, the staff were super super friendly, the rooms were weirdly clean (and cleaned each day, that doesnt happen at budget hotels!!).... the rooms were secure, the food was okay....

overall great experience... highly highly recomend this place to anyone coming to Siem Reap!!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with friends
dublin
Reviewed 2 December 2009

We stayed at home sweet home for two nights and on the first day I left down my laundry to reception. It was to be ready the next day same time.
The following day I went down to collect it and it wasnt ready, then I called again later on.
When I brought my washing upstairs they were literally covered in big white streaks of detergent. Clearly had been handwashed badly and what wasnt streaked in white was still wet. I brought them downstairs to reception and the guy was like no they arent dirty, they are fine. He then offered me 1usd even though I had paid 4usd. I wouldnt have minded so much if I was staying another day and could have got them to rewash them.
Finally after a big argument with us shouting at each other he agreed to give me 2.5usd but only if I didnt tell his boss. He annoyed me so much but I realised I wasnt going to get any further so I took the 2.5usd.
Apart from that incident it really is a nice place to stay but the restaurant is rubbish.
Nice big rooms, good shower ect. They even have some ancient computers upstairs where you can use the internet for free.
So basically its a decent place to stay but do not get your washing done there. He actually admitted to me that it has happened before and it was fairly obvious that it happened regularly...

• Stayed November 2009, travelled with friends
UK
Reviewed 16 November 2009

The staff made us feel very welcome at this lovely guesthouse. The hotel has a great location for walking to the town centre. The staff were very used to organising trips to Angkor Wat complex and set us up with an excellent tuk tuk driver who waited outside every temple for us. The restaurant food is delicious and excellent value. I would definatley stay here again and would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
Chennai
Reviewed 6 November 2009

We stayed at a Triple room for $15 a night . The staff were friendly and helpful .
We booked a room by sending them an email earlier .
The rooms were spacious , clean and aircon was good . They infact gave us a room with 4 beds on the second day since the water heater didn't work in our room for no extra charge .
The Old market area is about 10 -15 mins walk from the hotel and you can use their bicycle to reach there or you can get lot of tuk tuks around . A super market is avaiable just a stone throw away from the hotel .They even booked us a taxi till Poipet for $25 .
All in all a simple and neat hotel .

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with family