“Grab a drink before dinner, happy hour 50% off!”
Review of Elephant Bar

Elephant Bar
Ranked #168 of 946 Restaurants in Siem Reap
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Go in the evening around 5plus to grab a drink cos it is at 50% or rather 1 for 1. Decor is similar to the Raffles Hotel in Singapore. It has a billiard table at the side where you can play while enjoying your drink. Go early or call to reserved, the seats facing the window were great and gives you a little privacy.

Drink prices were affordable so at 50% it is quite a steal!

1  Thank MyBeanie

Reviewed 25 April 2014

Typical high end luxury hotel bar/lounge.

Pricey, with a nice atmosphere.

They bring over snack bowls with drink orders. That was a nice touch.

Great service.

Reviewed 20 February 2014

I didn't stay at the Raffles, but took my mom there for a classy cocktail at the Elephant Bar. The drinks and service were exquisite, lovely furnishings and atmosphere. However, when trying to pay for our 2 drinks (about $50 USD) I encountered some problems. The hotel wouldn't accept my 100 bill, because it had a slight rip (less than half a cm). Let me be clear, this is true of most locations in Siem Reap, not only the Raffles. However, because they had no ATM on site or within walknig distance, I was left in a quandary about how to pay. I live in China, so my only bank card is UnionPay, which was not accepted. I offered to pay a fee to be allowed to use my USD, but that was not possible according to management. After a good 30 mins of speaking with different managers and the hotel cashier staff we finally came to a conclusion. They allowed me to pay with RMB, using the market exchange rate plus a fee. However, I am greatly surprised that with the influx in Chinese tourists that the hotel didn't have a set exchange for RMB, even though they offered exchange for Euros, Singapore Dollars, and a couple of other Asian currencies. I have a feeling that they did it simply to get me out of the bar, as after 30 minutes of trying to find a solution I was obviously not the most happy customer. I understand that large bank notes must be pristine in Cambodia ($50+), but wish we could have come to a solution sooner. And considering that it is an international hotel chain, I still don't totally understand why they couldn't take my $100 and transfer it... I appreciate that the staff was attentive, but the ordeal seemed like much ado about nothing.

1  Thank K_Mo_Eats
Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

Came to the bar twice - do fantastic cocktails and half yards of tiger. All served with crips, peanuts and wasabi peas in a grand room with piano player. There is a 50% happy hour till 10pm and was always full both times we were there.

Reviewed 17 August 2013

they were good with great drinks, good food and wonderful service, we had the Khmer hotpot for 2, wine and iced coffee: US$24.00. very nice place, highlight recommended!