“"Friendly, clean & perfect location"”

Lin Ratanak Angkor Hotel
Ranked #213 of 372 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed 16 May 2014

My friend and I stayed at the Lin Ratanak for one month, it was a perfect location for us. Close to a neat market located on road 6 and a short tuk tuk ride to Pub street. The staff were amazing, helpful and so friendly. Our room was clean and we noticed the ground staff always working on the outside of the hotel keeping it clean and beautiful. The pool was awesome! We enjoyed our time in Siem Reap and are planning to come back and would stay at the Lin Ratanak Angkor Hotel again. Leah G and Liz S

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Leah G

Reviewed 30 April 2014

Lin Ratanak Angkor Hotel serve excellent service. All the staff are friendly and show well-respect. My family and I stayed here for just two nights, but I wish we could have stayed here longer. I would recommend this hotel to all my friends and relatives.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 February 2014

We stayed at the Lin Ratanak Angkor Hotel in January 2014 as two overnights were included in our Qatar flight deal and this was one of the hotels we could chose from. We were four friends and booked two twin/double rooms.
The location is a little out of the way. It's not directly in the old market area, nor directly by the river front nor directly on the Airport Road. It's not bad, but there were no other restaurants or facilities directly nearby. It was not a problem, during the day it takes about 15 - 20 mins to walk into town and very often we took a tuk-tuk for about $2. Just bear that in mind as it's "additional cost".

We were given two completely different room types. One room (on the first floor) was really big and had a big bathroom in charcoal/stone walls with walk in shower and also a bath tub. I think that this room was recently refurbished. The second room (on the second floor) was smaller, had an ordinary bath room and I think carpet. Both rooms were ok. They were clean (apart from dead insects on the walls), whereby especially the "modern" room with the stone floor and stone walls seemed not so clean as it was hard to see on the stone floor. The walk in shower flooded the whole bath room every day and the bath room was pretty dark.
The rooms were cleaned every day and we received fresh towels every day.

The included breakfast was buffet style and a mixture between hot Asian and Continental breakfast with a chef who made fresh omlettes. It was ok. Nothing to write home about, but totally acceptable.

They did have a pool, which we didn't try, and a outdoor bar for a night cap.

The staff was nice. There was some confusion when we tried to extend our stay for another night. It was not possible to make the booking at the hotel itself at the same rate as booked before. We had to book via Agoda to get the better rate. But I suppose this is due to contingents with external agencies or something like that.

I can recommend this hotel but wouldn't book it again on another private trip as I prefer staying closer to the town centre.

Room Tip: I think the first floor has been recently refurbished. Stone floors, stone walls etc. I think that f...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 January 2014

I wrote a review about this hotel where I wrote about our very bad experiences here. We stayed here during our honeymoon but were very dispappointed. Dirty rooms and sheets, terrible breakfast (cold tea and eggs, not enough food) and poor service. But most important: there were bedbugs! I was covered with bites and the hotel was not impressed at all.
I must say I find it terrible for other travellers that my review was not posted while all my other (all positive) reviews were posted. Shouldn't people know about bedbugs in a 4 star hotel? I have pictures for those who do not believe........

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Catharina K
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Nice hotel situated just a short Tuk Tuk ride from the hustle and bustle of Pub Street and the Old Market. The temples are about a 15 minute drive. Lots of wood and character and a friendly, helpful staff. I would recommend this hotel to families, couples and friends travel ling to Siem Reap.

Room Tip: There was a bit of noise early in the morning but that was because our room was on the bottom floor...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank lotsfuninperu
Reviewed 7 January 2014 via mobile

5 sisters all sharing 2 rooms didn't phase the wonderful.staff at this hotel one bit. Great breakfasts, added bonus of free new year's eve meal and entertainment meant an unforgettable visit. Lovely pool and outdoor lounge area for relaxing. One tip - ask for rooms away from the local nightclub if you want a quiet night.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank FMVJ
Reviewed 3 January 2014

First impressions are key, and this place failed completely. We arrived around 11pm, tired of a day of traveling. They couldn't find our reservation, until I called the US twice, and they offered us the only open room in the whole hotel (which they told me *wasn't* reserved, but was actually the room number that they eventually gave us).

It's all printed out. All they had to do to find our reservation was look at the name on the reservation. One of the clerks seemed quite earnest. Maybe just not very bright at all. The second night, we tried to confirm transportation back to the airport, and they acted like it wasn't something they provided, but scribbled something down. The next morning, they knew nothing about it (but, luckily, someone was taking the hotel van slightly before our "reserved" time, so we were able to make it.

The pool was nice, but was not worth the stress, hassle, and cluelessness of the staff.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple