“NOT RECOMENDED”
Review of Rosy Guest House

Rosy Guest House
Ranked #36 of 507 Siem Reap B&B and Inns
Reviewed 10 October 2013 via mobile

It's unbelivable that this place is rated 92%, almost 5 points on Tripadvisor, awards and it is even "recomended" by Hostelworld.
JUST UNBELIVABLE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I've booked for 3 nights and I stayed 1 night.
The reception is a bar with laud music.
They gave me a room 3x2m with no windows to the outside. I didn't even had space to put the luggage, and for almost 12$. But I was amazed when I removed the bed from the wall, it was full of trash, papers, things left from other guests, dead bugs and lots and lots of dust. When I called someone to clean that, the woman that I think is the owner, just told me " We are not usted to remove the beds".....WHAT?!!!!!!.
She offered me another room, this time bigger, for the same price but again with old furniture and very unconfortable.
The only good thing I can say about this place is that the people looks friendly, as for the rest I just want to forget that I ever been there.
I don't recomend this place to anyone. For a few more dolares you can stay in a 3 star hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Adventure65
Rosy_Guesthouse, Owner at Rosy Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2013

Thank you for your feedback. I’m sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us; we try to ensure that all guests have all of their needs meet to enjoy their time with us. In reply to your comments about our rooms, I have to counter your point about the room you booked having no window; all of our rooms do have windows. The single en suite room is not large, but there is ample space for a single bed, bedside table, wardrobe, TV on a stand, mini fridge as well as floor space to store bags. I was indeed quite surprised when my reception staff told me you had reported that your room was not clean as this would be very unusual. I was even more surprised when I came to assist to find that you had pulled the solid frame wooden bed away from the wall and into the middle of the room (blocking the door) and it was the dust, two Biro pens and a lost bracelet that was underneath the bed that you were not happy about. Our rooms have solid, wooden, Cambodian made furniture that weigh a lot. I would not expect our approximately 50kg housekeepers to take apart the beds in between each guest's stay to clean out inside the bed frame (I would like to point out that this is a solid frame bed that is not on legs but completely enclosed to the floor on all sides). This is something that we do throughout the year as a deep clean for the rooms as it can be noisy, requires at least two members of staff for each bed and can potentially mark the walls/scratch floors if care is not taken. I immediately offered you a different, larger room as an alternative, for the same price as the single room to reduce any inconvenience to you. I am sorry that you did not wish to stay the full 3 nights you had booked with us; this in itself is not common. Since your stay with us we have completed our deep clean for each bed frame to ensure they are now all clean underneath too. Our reception is based in our bar and restaurant as our multi skilled staff can deal with all guest requirements be they food/drink orders, bike hire requests, bus, boat, visa and tour information and booking services as well as general friendly banter which most of our guests enjoy. We do play music but ensure that we are quiet after 11pm for the comfort of our guests. I am glad that you found somewhere more suited to your requirements for the rest of your stay in Siem Reap. Best wishes for your future travels. Rachel, on behalf of the Rosy Guesthouse Team.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

I was a little nervous about traveling to Cambodia alone, but was immediately at ease upon arrival. The staff is very friendly and helpful and helped me arrange my visit to Angkor Wat down to using their own Tuk Tuk driver from the guesthouse and you can even order lunch the night before to take with you the next day! There's a great reading/chilling area on the 2nd floor and I had my first real hot shower in what was (I think) about 2 months. The mattresses are super soft, especially in comparison to hostels in Thailand. It's about a 10 minute walk from the city center but it was nice not to stay on pub street- a bit quieter and I could actually sleep. I was really glad I stayed and didn't even take advantage of everything they had to offer. All in all: a great decision!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Rosy_Guesthouse, General Manager at Rosy Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

Hello and thank you for your review. I’m very happy to read your review and see that our staff, facilities and services at Rosy Guesthouse created a good stay for you while in Siem Reap especially as you were a solo traveller. We’ve recently had a water holding tank installed to ensure our guests have 24/7 supply of water during times when often the town water supply is cut off due to more demand than supply; I’m glad you enjoyed your hot shower! Best wishes for your future travels and we look forward to seeing you again if you return to Siem Reap. Kind Regards, Rachel on behalf of the Rosy Guesthouse Team

Reviewed 6 October 2013

Stayed there for 2 nights. It was comfortable, the place is clean and a little place you can call home. there are spaces to chill out and the staff are friendly and helpful. The restaurant bar is also useful for the raining day in doors! free dvd rental, which helped us through 2 nights of rain.
The food was good and we never ventured out at all.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Hello and thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I’m glad you found our staff to be friendly and helpful and the guesthouse to be clean; these are all things that we are aiming for so we are happy. I’m also glad that you found our DVD stock to be useful; in rainy season sometimes it’s best to wait until the rain ends! Thanks again for your review. Best wishes for your future travels, Rachel on behalf of the Rosy Guesthouse Team

Reviewed 1 October 2013 via mobile

Fantastic staff, so helpful and friendly, they take the time to give advice on which temples to visit and what order etc. food good and reasonably priced. Room basic but clean and nice linen. Cool chill out area. On a real positive they lend you laptops for free, I spent one evening transferring all my photos into USBs. Super friendly place only downside is that it's a 15 min walk to the centre, but tuk tuks are cheap! Highly recommend!

• Stayed: September 2013

Hello and thank you for your review of your time at Rosy Guesthouse. I’m glad that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful and our restaurant food to be good. We have several laptops that we loan to guests free of charge which is a popular service; I hope the high speed WiFi was useful too. We look forward to hosting you again next time you are in Siem Reap. Kind Regards, Rachel on behalf of the Rosy Guesthouse Team.

Reviewed 28 September 2013

I have stayed here twice now following the recommendations on here. I was not disappointed - the food, service, welcome and quality are excellent. They cater for all budgets and I will stay here again. Brilliant owners who know how to run a guest house

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 22 September 2013

We stayed in one of their double rooms, it was simply but elegantly decorated and the bed was wonderfully comfortable. The staff were really friendly and helpful, especially Smiley who ensured he had a chat with everyone, making sure everything was good and offering helpful advice on everything from restaurants to which bus to take back to Phnom Penh (Giant Ibis FTW!). Food was good and a wide range of drinks on offer, including cider, which made my day!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 September 2013

From hundreds of options, I decided to go for the Rosy Guest House because of a personal recommendation. A twin room for 20 USD was probably a bit over the top, but 8 USD for a room with fan and shared bathroom on the roof top was reasonable. Only 2 people shared 2 bathrooms, so it was comfortable, bathrooms were cleaned every morning. The ambience of the first floor with rattan chairs was nice, so were other decorations. The room was rather small, but sufficient if you do not plan to stay there much time. Well, it had rather small double bed but for 1 person more than enough. I didn´t check their TV or DVD (they provide you with different sorts of DVDs free of charge). I would just appreciate if the walls are painted. It does not cost much and it makes a big difference to the feeling of cleanliness. Upon checking, they give you 2 bottles of water - I manage to pick them up only the next day and they were happy to give them to me. The breakfast was good, standard international stuff.
The fact that there is quite a big crowd of foreigners ... well, that comes with Siem Reap as such. :)

Room Tip: If you do not mind dirty walls, roof top rooms with shared bathrooms are otherwise kept clean and ar...