“A rising star hotel at 5-star”

Pacific Hotel & Spa
Ranked #77 of 353 Hotels in Siem Reap
Singapore, Singapore
“A rising star hotel at 5-star”
Reviewed 3 October 2012

This hotel is indeed perfect sense for business and pleasure. Very good team of staff and all rooms are sizeable and modern. The pool is just fantastic and the spa offers very good discounts and superior ambience and far better value for money in terms of privacy than Bodytune downtown. The meeting rooms are good sized and conducive for discussions and presentations. The Pacific hotel definitely accommodated to all my meeting needs.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 16 September 2012

We came across Pacific Hotel & spa while looking for Siem Reap hotels on Trip Advisor. They had competitive rates and very good reviews for a 4 star property. Everyone said that they were very far from the town centre, but a review by a fellow reviewer helped us decide. Indeed Siem Reap is a very small place and town centre was not that far away. After all, 10 minutes tuk tuk ride for $3 one way wasn't too bad. In fact it was a great experience and my 3 year old son loved the whole new culture and the ride too.
I would give Hotel staff Five Stars for their service attitude and loyalty. We loved the exteriors of the hotel, and as soon we reached their and I mentioned my name, the staff asked us to have a seat. In another minute they offered us cool refreshing drinks, cold towels and the checkin coordinator informed that our room was ready. We couldn't believe it as we travel a lot and this was a much better experience than many five star properties.
They upgraded us to Colonial room free of charge, possibly because the day we checked-in the hotel was not that busy. The room was big, clean and and had sufficient furniture. I realized that almost everywhere the lights are a bit dull. It wasn't just this hotel, almost everywhere in Cambodia. May be just a culture thing.

There were few issues in the first room, like shower was leaking etc, but the response time of staff is amazingly fast. They are very polite, apologetic and helpful. It is worth mentioning that the Service coordinator, YingChhy was the best. She is so very helpful that you find things done even before you mention them. She arranges & manages all guest services and makes your stay very comfortable. She is a very honest girl and when we spoke to her about siteseeing etc., the options she provided were better than outside agents. She arranged for an airconditioned car with English speaking driver who was another great staff of this hotel. The car was much better than the the one provided by www.cambodiataxidriver.com and we paid much less than he charged us. On a separate note, I do not recommend this taxi service at all. Better call the hotel and they will arrange for a better car in lower price.
So, Yingchhy is a great help. Our car driver, Sopeahp is a young lad and was extremely polite. Surprisingly none of these people ever expected any tip. Sopeahp helped us make a plan and this made our siteseeing much more enjoyable than expected. He speaks good English and can be a great help when visiting farther places. He has those cold water bottles in his car that he gives you when you go out to a temple site. A big help!

Restaurant is very clean, massive and very well arranged. Sa Mut is the restaurant manager. Another very polite and service oriented person. If I ever open a hotel, I will probably hire all of the staff from this hotel. Ha ha!

There are a lot of varieties in breakfast. They offer many types of breads and all are freshly made. The freshly made bread tastes much different and better than the one we buy from supermarkets. Loved it!! The breakfast was full of Chinese and Western dishes. Very well managed as Even Head Chef walks the floor when people are having breakfast to ensure everything was working fine. I liked the attitude of staff there. A-La-Carte menu has good dishes on offer and tastes excellent. Since we were running around a lot for siteseeing at Angkor Wat etc, we did not feel like going out for food. Hotel food was not bad or expensive at all.

Another person that I would like to mention here is Dilux, their Front office manager. On our first day, they mistakenly sent a Marinara Pizza instead of Margarita. When I called the Room Service, they quickly corrected the mistake. Later, Dilux personally apologized and offered the replaced pizza as complimentary. Second time, he helped us when the taxi driver, who was taking us from Siem Reap to phnom Penh, told us that he will take extra $5 if we want to get down at Airport. I called Dilux from my phone and Dilux asked me to hang up so that he can call from his phone. He spoke to the driver and everything was sorted out. It was after we checked out and were halfway to Phnom Penh. No doubt this hotel gets a lot of repeat business and also reference business.

Swimming Pool: A big and clean swimming pool is another reason to stay at the hotel. There are also offers from the Pool Bar.

One more thing that is worth mentioning is the Spa. We visited that almost twice for massage. Yingchhy offfered us 20% discount on spa usage and the massage was great. My wife was so very happy. In fact, Yingchhy made everything so simple for us that it did not feel like our first stay in SiemReap.

Angkor wat is very close and within 10 minutes of drive. Hotel staff will honestly tell you whether you should take a tuk-tuk or a taxi. Tuk-tuk costs much less but it may be a great inconvenience too if it rains or is very hot when you go out.

There are few cons too. Like the hotel seems a bit far from town, but that's what makes it more cost effective and also closer to the main Angkor sites.

The beds are comfortable and after a long day at sites, this is all you need to have a good nights' sleep. Can't comment about pillows as we don't use them.

I will highly recommend this hotel to anyone who likes to visit Siem Reap.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 3 September 2012

I stumbled upon this hotel when I was doing research to find rooms for our group of 19 people travelling this summer to Siem Reap. I have visited Siem Reap before and therefor know that "living citycenter" is totally overrated since Siem Reap is so small and I wanted a nice hotel with a nice pool and all my dreams were fullfilled. Large spacious room, impeccibly clean, very friendly staff always prepared to assist, amazing breakfast with a suberb selection of western and chinese breakfast. We were offered a "summer special" of USD 103 per double room for 3 nights, AMAZING! Very cute poolside bar with attentive bartenders. I can really recommend this place and we travelled with 2 small children and they were as pleased about the place and the pool as the rest of us. Will definately send my friends there.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank BitteIslander
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 July 2012 via mobile

We stayed at the Pacific Spa and Hotel for 2 nights during June 2012. From the moment we checked in the staff were very friendly and attentive, we were given cold towels and welcome drinks on arrival.

We were given a free upgrade to a Colonial Room, we guessed because the hotel wasn't very busy as it was during Low Season for Cambodia. The room was very spacious and tastefully decorated. The bathroom was large, clean and had a separate bath tub and powerful shower cubicle. The room contained a gorgeous Four Poster bed, plasma TV, small dining table and 2 chairs amongst the other furniture. We also had no problem connecting to the free Wi-Fi.

The pool was large and well looked after, the guys attending the pool were very friendly and helpful and the cocktails at the pool bar were reasonably priced.

The hotel is not in walking distance of the main town centre, however, the Tuk Tuk costs $3 one-way and takes less than 10 minutes to get there so it wasn't a problem.

It was my boyfriends birthday one of the days we stayed so I asked the concierge if I could order a piece of cake from the room service menu and have it delivered with a candle. I was informed that they would sort something out for me, a couple of hours later after we came back from our evening out, there was a whole birthday cake, iced with my boyfriends name and date of birth waiting on our dining table in the room, complete with candles! All complimentary :)

Overall, all the staff were lovely and we had a very pleasurable stay, we were only disappointed our schedule would not allow us to stay longer!

The staff

• Stayed June 2012
6 Thank nicolajane24
New York City, New York
Reviewed 10 July 2012

I recently stayed at the Pacific Hotel in Siem Reap. The first thing you notice is how warm and friendly the staff is - they go out of their way to accommodate you. The room was clean and everything worked as it was supposed to. They have a nice pool and the spa is a terrific price-performer. The breakfast in the hotel is a spread fit for kings.

The only knock on this hotel might be that its located on the outskirts of town, but safety was never an issue and they take care of the distance from downtown problem by offering a cheap personal tuk-tuk service.

I would recommend this place to any traveler. The only thing that kept me from giving a rating of 5 is that it needs to be developed more, but I'm sure that will happen over time. They are doing everything right.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Adam B
Reviewed 8 July 2012

Our great Siem Reap adventure started with the pleasant surprise when we were welcomed by the hotel receptionist. They were very accommodating and hospitable from start to end. The room (colonial room) we stayed in was very clean, staff people were very nice and the breakfast was also more than what we were expecting. I also appreciated the fact that they let me check out late (at 5 pm!) without additional charge. I'm so pleased with my stay that I am writing this review as soon as I got home. I truly recommend this hotel!!! A pleasant surprise!!!

• Stayed July 2012
3 Thank Tingur
Reviewed 22 May 2012

My partner and I went to Pacific Hotel earlier this month and had a great time! We were greeted by the manager (Sinat) at the lobby, who knew who we are (by name!), and made check in so simple (we sat on a couch and enjoyed our drink, while she done all the paperwork!). The hotel itself is really nice, big lobby, big pool, nice rooms and peacefull location.
The staff at the hotel were all really good, especially the manager Sinat, she greeted us by name every day and checked that everything is going good, gave us travel tips in the city, and even arranged the hotel S class mercedes to drive us to the bus stop at no extra charge (as we left for Phnom Penm).

Prices were dirt cheap for the hotel itself, and the drinks at the bar.

A++++++++++++++++++++++ would definatly stay there again!!!

-Alex & Suzee

Room Tip: As far as the room --We were upgraded to the Deluxe or premium room at no extra charge, this was ver...