“Great hotel to stay”

Ranked #66 of 337 Hotels in Siem Reap
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
“Great hotel to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

I like to stay in this Pacifice hotel as it is calm with surrounding of beautiful views . It has a good service with the front office , she is very friendly and helpful for us to find the places for visiting Angkor wat.
The price of the hotel is not expensive compare to other hotels with good qualities .
The room is clean and beautiful .

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank So P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

We stayed at the Pacific Hotel & Spa for the first leg of our two week honeymoon trip and could not have been more pleased!

We initially were supposed to arrive on Tuesday night but missed our flight and instead arrived early Wednesday morning. At first, this was a bit confusing to the hotel staff but we were able to explain that it was because we missed our flight. We definitely recommend brining the printout that includes your booking number and information as this made check-in relatively smooth! Since we had booked for four nights, they tried to get us to stay an extra night but alas that was not in the cards (but it was very very nice that they were offering to give us the extra night we paid for instead of just charging us the extra night with no such offer).

This was our first time in Siem Reap and I will say that the Pacific was literally the perfect oasis to return to after an exhausting day of temple touring. Trust me, you want your hotel to be a paradise! The lobby is very spacious and large and you can see the beautiful pool from every part of the lobby.

ROOM:
Our room was very spacious, well kept, and had a lovely view of the pool. The decorations were beautiful and there was a fridge so we were able to keep the waters we purchased nice and cold! There was also a bathrobe in the closet that I wore a lot :p

POOL:
One of the nicer pools I've ever been to! It was glorious to jump in after temple touring! We ordered lunch and cocktails by the pool and everything was delicious.

BREAKFAST:
Breakfast was included with our room and it was AMAZING. Due to jetlag we were up every day by 5:30 AM or 6:00, and having the breakfast first thing in the morning was one of our favorite things to do (and trust me, you need the energy for the day!) It's a good solid mix of Cambodian specialties and western stuff (I actually loved that I could make a salad for breakfast, something most American breakfast buffets don't offer as an option).

EXTRAS:
The Staff went above and beyond for us at basically every leg of the trip. Upon discovering that it was our honeymoon, not only did they decorate the room with roses and two swans made out of towels, but they also sent us a cake that said "happy honeymoon!" Seriously, it was too much, we were overwhelmed! Someone also asked us every single time we went into the hotel how our day was and whether we needed anything,

SPA:
I had two massages at the spa, both of which were wonderful! It's not a spa in the traditional western sense where there are pools, showers, etc...it's really just a place for you to get a massage but it's still very nice and the masseuses were excellent.

LOCATION:
When I was booking a Siem Reap hotel it's actually kind of difficult to figure out where everything is in relation to the temples. Well..basically, there is one road where all of the hotels are. It's a 5 minute car ride to the center of Siem Reap and the markets and about 10 minutes to the temples (this is slightly longer by Tuk Tuk but totally worth it and I will go into more about that later). Bottom line: this hotel is close enough to everything you want to be near so no worries there!

TRANSPORTATION:
The hotel has cars that will bring you to the center of Siem Reap (which is where all the restaurants and markets are, so you will want to go there at night). However, we really wanted the authentic Siem Reap experience so we opted to go by Tuk Tuk! The hotel usually has at least one or two Tuk Tuk drivers waiting there to take people to town or the temples so they will push the car on you but if you ask for a Tuk Tuk they will show you the way. We had the same Tuk Tuk driver for two full days and he charged us $41 for a tremendous amount of transportation (hotel to all the temples in the little circuit the first day, and lunch in town, and back to hotel, and then the big circuit on the second day with another trip into town at night for dinner and the markets and then back to hotel) and we gave him a $9 tip for an even 50. It takes about 10 minutes to get to the city center instead of 5 but the beautiful breeze and authentic experience is totally worth it. Our driver was very appreciative as we went during lpw season so please, take a Tuk Tuk if you can!

I just want to give a special shout-out to Dalis and Sreymom, the two hotel staffers that really made our stay out of this world - thank you again for your truly wonderful service and attention!

We definitely will be returning to Siem Reap in a few years and I have no doubt we will choose the Pacific again. Highly recommended!!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank JetsetterJax
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

Pacific Hotel is my favorite hotel when I go to Siem Reap. When u first arrive at the front door , u'll hear traditional music from the lounge! Very nice voice, welcome drink & cool towel are ready to welcome u immediately !The room is big And clean. Staff are really friendly ! Swimming pool is clean & big . Breakfast is huge . All u need !!! Recommended !!

Stayed March 2014
3 Thank SokunthearyKado
Hanoi, Vietnam
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014

I stayed at the Pacific Hotel for just over a week while visiting Siem Reap. I couldn't be happier with my choice. The room and facilities were superb and I really liked how my room was appointed -- with a four poster bed, dark wood flooring and furniture, flat screen TV and lovely art and photography decorating the walls. It made for a very inviting place to rest and relax after hours spent trekking through temples or shopping in the local markets. The restaurant serves reasonably priced and delicious food and I especially enjoyed the dinner-time set menu: salad, soup, bread, an entree, a glass of beer, and a fruit plate for dessert all for $8.50 USD. The breakfast buffet offers lots of choices including an omelette and soup/porridge station, fresh fruit and salad, bread and pastries, and coffee, juice, or tea. And this review wouldn't be complete without mentioning the staff. Talking to them you get the sense that they enjoy working together and this warmth and conviviality extends to how they treat the guests at the hotel. I especially want to point out how much I appreciated the help I got from staff members Dalis, Sinat, Sopheap, Pisey, and Srey Hom who offered great suggestions on how to plan each day and suggested activities that I might not have been aware of or considered without their input. And finally many thanks to Lim who drove me around and accompanied me on all of my visits to temple sites. If you are planning to spend a few days in Siem Reap you won't be disappointed if you choose this hotel.

Room Tip: If you are the kind of person who both likes to turn in a bit early and is also a light sleeper, the...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Brian J
Minneapolis
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

Great slice of paradise in Siem Reap, Cambodia. There are many hotels of all varieties in SR. I choose The Pacific Hotel and Spa every time! Whats sets this hotel apart from all the others in their commitment to professionalism and the comfort of their guests! They consider you "family" in their words. This is a newer property very near the airport. Off the main area of the Old City/Pub Street shopping area, but very worth the short and plentiful tuk tuk rides... You'll enjoy the peace and quiet at this hotel. High lights of this hotel are surely the magnificent pool and pool area, the awesome spa, the beautiful rooms, great breakfast buffet and the fabulous staff. The staff are also very helpful in planning your time and assisting you with the planning of your time in SR. They all have great ideas to share with you. They also provide complimentary rides to and from the airport. We took a great tour of the Angkor Wat Temples which was arranged by the hotel.(35usd air conditioned car) Great Time! They were also so so kind in giving us a free upgrade of our room. This is an exceptional hotel with exception staff and I can not wait to go back. I miss all the staffs warm, welcoming and beautiful smiles!!!

Room Tip: All the rooms are great. We stayed in the Colonial room which was upgraded from our Deluxe.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Michael N
Copenhagen, Denmark
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

They had made a surprise for us, because of our honeymoon, very sweet and beautiful. Definitely a great choice in Siem Reap. Nice staff, from our arrival till we left. The rooms were beautiful, clean & spacious. Tuk Tuks at the door to take you wherever your choice. Close to great shopping and PUB STREET, also very close to Angwat Temples.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

My husband and I just stayed here last weekend. It was much nicer than we had anticipated for the area. The lobby is beautifully decorated with local hard woods, with beautiful wood furniture and decorations. We were upgraded on a arrival to a room with hardwood floors and a canopy bed. The hallways upstairs look a little tired and could use some sprucing up.

The pool was very nice and large. The water usually felt warm like bath water. However, it still gave us a nice place to relax after a long day of exploring the temples. One drawback on one night was being forced to listen to a mediocre singing group set up near the pool. Lucky us, they played until 11 pm right below our window.

The lobby air conditioning was fairly non-existent. It was very hot throughout the day. Additionally, the hotel restaurant was on the same system. The rooms however are fine and cool off nicely. The hotel provided the room with two medium size bottles of water per day.

The hotel staff were very nice. I was pleasantly surprised on check-in when we were asked to take a comfortable seat and they came to us. We each got a cold towel and a refreshing drink. We were escorted to our room. They could not have been any nicer. The only glitch was on the last morning. We were going to sunrise at Angkor Wat and had made arrangements the night before for two breakfast boxes to go. We showed up that morning and no one knew what we were talking about. That being said, we managed.

Overall, it was a lovely hotel with exceptional staff.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple