“Horrible!”

Chamkar
Ranked #112 of 1,143 Restaurants in Siem Reap
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Chamkar is an authentic vegetarian restaurant featuring fine and genuine Khmer cuisine in a friendly and cosy atmosphere. We cook with fresh local vegetables, and strive to use organic ingredients whenever possible, providing a gourmet and healthy dining experience for all lovers of fine food.
Reviewed 12 December 2018

We were recommended this place by our hotel as a good place for vegetarian/vegan food. Unfortunately, impressions were not good as soon as we entered. The place is dirty (filthy table mats, chairs). The food - mixed - my meal was poor (salad OK but curry very watery and hardly any vegetables in it at all and it was supposed to be spicy but it wasn't). My husband enjoyed his spring rolls though. Cheap enough prices, including drinks so can't be too fussy I suppose.

Date of visit: November 2018
Write a reviewReviews (1,156)

Reviewed 10 December 2018 via mobile

Had dinner at the chamkar vegetarian restaurant. All their dishes to the exception of 1 which contains cheese, are vegan. We had rolls and wedding dip for starters, khmer curry and mango salad for main meals. Everything was very tasty especially the starters. We remained on ground floor, there was no ac despite the heat which seamed to be common as the ground floor is an open terrace. Recommended

1  Thank x8luna8x
Reviewed 4 December 2018 via mobile

We both had wonderfully tasty vegan curries here and soft drinks and the bill was an amazing $12

The cuties had deep rich flavours and fantastically flavoursome vegetables

Nice little restaurant

Reviewed 3 December 2018 via mobile

The food came quickly and was nice, but nothing special - at least the 2 dishes I tried, maybe other dishes are more convincing.
It's great to have so many vegetarian opions, though the prices were a little high in comparison to some other places (about 5 for a red curry which I ate for about 3 elsewhere, which was really tasty). This certainly has to do with the location, so it makes sense.
We wished there was more rice, since we got a bowl to share. The tamarind juice is really tasty!
Waiters were nice and efficient. The ambience was quite all right too.
I suppose it's a good veggie option if you really want to be close to pub street and don't mind paying a little more.

Reviewed 3 December 2018 via mobile

Had a good first impression of this restaurant, so my friends and I returned the next day for dinner. Disappointing experience with the staff, poor service . Won’t be returning, shame the good is good.