“Beautiful, very nice desert, not convinced of relative value”
Review of Meric - CLOSED

Meric
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 12 June 2012

This restaurant is expensive. I had a flourless chocolate cake w marscapone ice cream and a coffee for almost $20. It was really quite small but I don't mind that. I prefer a quality product in a mindful portion, but it was overpriced. It was very good but for this price, especially in SR, I need spectacular.
The coffee was also nice. I wanted to eat here before it turns over to the Hyatt and I feel reasonably convinced that the rest of the food would be very good but the value just not there. I have not tried Abacus yet but cuisine wat dam nak and cassia seem like better places to tickle the palate without feeling ravaged, and getting an equal, or I think, likely better quality meal. These also have lovely atmospheres. As an aside, the new hotel across from cassia, (Shinto something?) Also has the hanging beds. Apparently it's design is by the same architect/designer as hotel de la paix and it's freshly overhauled and looks spectacular. They have a restaurant there too looks like that I'm also anxious to try!

Reviewed 27 May 2012

I recommend eating here as you get a good cross section of Khmer cuisine. The wine tasting addition is also worth it. I would recommend to eat outside on the "hanging table" - essentially you lie on a large cushioned swing. The setting is beautiful and romantic.

1  Thank NRS_7
Reviewed 29 April 2012

The place is beautiful, hotel primeirrísima line in the center of Siem Reap. The restaurant Meric is very well decorated and very nice. But the food left much to be desired. I asked a Khmer Tasting menu and was not very good and my wife asked for another dish on the menu that also was not consistent with the location and pattern. To visit worth it but to go in Meric suggest leaving to spend their money elsewhere with higher quality food.

Reviewed 26 April 2012

If i could i would give this restaurant a 6 stars. I took my wife there she ordered the sea bass with green bean and garlic noodles, i had pork chop with garlic noodles, both dish were excellent and delicious. If you do want to go make a reservation bc this little tiny place has no standing room for waiting.

Reviewed 17 April 2012

One of the best meals we have had in Cambodia. Service was exceptional and they even took care of calling the spa re: my appointment since I was running late--then made sure we got our food as quickly as possible--without sacrificing quality! We felt very spoiled.