“5-star hotel, great rate”
Review of Ree Hotel

Ree Hotel
Ranked #186 of 356 Hotels in Siem Reap
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“5-star hotel, great rate”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Hotel convenient to Angkor Wat. Very nice and old-fashioned, like a grand Western hotel. A child plays traditional instrument each morning for breakfast. Swimming pool, but no sauna I think. Staff is very friendly and quiet.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Keithgbernard

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Reviewed 18 June 2014

nI have stayed many times at Ree hotel in Siem Reap. It is a 4 star hotel but I would give it 4 and 1/2 stars. The rooms are beautiful and quite luxurious. The swimming pool iis fantastic, with a 3 elephants fountain shooting water in the air and falling into the pool. The buffet breakfast is great and offers a lot of choices for visitors from different countries. The staff has always been very helpful and kind. The owner representative is always accommodating, even when you made a mistake and you should pay for the damage you caused, he is willing top consider your side, even if you are in the wrong, and prefers to keep you as client than make you pay and loose you as customer. Very clever choice I would say. So I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: I always enjoy the rooms facing the swimming pool in the back, rather than the ones facing the road.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank TommyFrench
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 11 June 2014

The hotel was a complete surprise from within! You'll never know things till you really get to know what's inside and it was simply amazing! The lobby and corridors was not really exciting but the rooms are to die for!!! (not literally)... OMG the bed was really comfortable and my sleep was tight! The bathtub with their hot water was fantastic and the shower was invigorating... And the staff are so friendly and welcoming they made me fell at home. I will definitely be coming back... Great Job REE!

Room Tip: Rooms with the pool view is breath taking!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank SergePtr
Taipei, Taiwan
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I like the pool and the service. Great location as well. Provide free airport pick up and I got meet two orphans who are absolutely adorable. Really wish I could take them home and take care of them. Here is the video if you want to watch it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enZCe2k_vag

The massage is a bit expensive but I am sure they are good as I decided to go somewhere else and the quality is really bad!!!

reasonable price for the stay though

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank MarkTWN
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 24 May 2014

I will start with the physical quality of the hotel: IT IS IN GOOD CONDITION. I read the previous reviews saying how run down, moldy and dirty the rooms are...from the lobby to the hallways to the room: it was clean! Although the negative reviews did scare me, however, I decided to try it for a night anyway because the price was really good and the recent photos look nice. I thought if I didn't like it, then I'm gone the next day.

So when I arrived at the hotel, the receptionists in waiting are among the nicest staff I have encountered so far...amazingly friendly I nearly added them to my facebook! So I inquired about the rooms, I told them I didn't book online although I checked the prices, and then the Supervisor came out to the reception and settled my accommodation...by upgrading me to De Luxe room which is $5 more expensive. I was like 'okay,' I willingly paid for extra as it doesnt sound that bad. I specifically asked them though to put me on top floor, but they reasoned out that "it is full." So I went to my room, walked around, and later noticed there are no occupants in other rooms...in nearly all floors. So I went back to the reception to request for room transfer to upper floor, and the receptionist said she would check and let me know. After waiting for a good hour and a half, she appeared on my door...with the Room Division Manager. I was pleasantly surprised that the Manager attended to me, he was really nice, he was more than happy to show me the room upstairs, gave me his business card, nearly apologetic although I didnt even complain I just requested for transfer. He seemed well-experienced in PR role, truly befitting a Division Manager, and I really appreciated it as it showed professionalism in their line of work, especially in the hotel industry where you have to treat your guests as valued customers. It came across to me as getting 5-star hotel treatment, this is how they do it in luxury hotels.

The real pain in the-you-know-where are the restaurant staff! Morons. Most especially the one who served me, he just couldnt get anything right. The moment I stepped in, he wouldnt let me seat at the table of my choice, lead me to a dark corner, so I asked to transfer, and he had the audacity to make face, grim and tell his grievance to fellow attendant in their native language. I didnt mind. I browsed throug the menu, I couldnt find anything special. I was in the mood to spend much on dinner as I got a pretty good price on the room. I browsed through the menu but couldnt find something that will match with wine, not a lot of steaks, so I asked if they have caviar, and he just couldnt understand...like hes never heard of it before. Thats okay. I browsed through the menu again and ended up with somekind of salad and meat. I told him to prepare it right away while I continue to browse the menu for more orders...he just stared at me, he just couldnt or wouldnt understand what i was trying to tell him. Eventually he moved his feet and served me bread and butter as compliments. My salad finally came, but I waited for my meat in like forever. So I followed it up and the Supervisor told me the waiter thougt I wanted the food to be served one at a time. That waiter made me wait for another 30 mins for my main course, which I actually specifically asked him to prepare right away from the very beginning. By this time, I thought something is seriously wrong with the intelligence of that waiter! I mean, if you are playing dumb, then its best you work as gardner or janitor who dont have to deal or talk with tourists that much. Billing came: nobody was coming to my table to get my money, so I just walked up to the cashier. I gave her my money, and the change was obviously short. So I have to compute in Cambodian Riel in front of her. The Supervisor told me hotel conversion is lower, 1:3800 instead of the local conversion 1:4000. So I computed using their rate, and showed them the change is still short. The Supervisor saw and did ask the teller to give me the short change. I thought tips are earned from good service and not from taking a portion of the change. Dessert: I ordered vanilla ice cream rom that waiter, to be delivered to my room, but they sent a strawberry sherbet! Can't they really get anything right? So the Supervisor delivered my ice cream and gave that sherbet for free...which is good but I couldnt eat anymore. I went down to ask the Supervisor's name as it is worthy of praise, but again one of the staff wouldnt give me the piece of paper with the Supervisor's name on it until she' finished talking and telling me which is the first name and which is the last name...could she be anymore annoying? In conclusion, their restaurant staff are lame and obnoxious. I just want to give a good review for the Supervisor who was always to the rescue...it must be a really tough job to train and look after a stupid staff.

Lastly, their housekeeper was so sloppy! She has all her used linens and garbage bags blocking the hallway! At 3 pm??? Shouldnt they be finished cleaning a check out before check in time which is 2 pm? There arent anyone in the hotel but me and this ape in the next room who would need a room make up.

All in all, I would say all the staff are so lousy except the reception. But with the unprecedented efforts of upper management, there is hope for this hotel. So yes, I still recommend it.

Room Tip: You can take a chance at this hotel. The upper management are very professional and will definitely...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank AsianGypsy100
Bois Colombes, France
Reviewed 19 May 2014

We were 5 days on this beautifull hotel in siem reap. It's a very good place if you want to visit differents places 1/ If you want you can make the reservation of activities on the reception (activities, transportation and guide for the visit of temple,tuk......all what you want) 2/ Hotel not far from the silk farm,night market,old market ,temples of angkor and also aeroport of siem reap (10 minutes) 3/ Swiming pool very nice and big 4/ Room in front of the swiming pool are very big with a TV with lot chanels in lot of languages 5/ A beautifull Spa not expensive. 5/ Very good restaurant with a big BreakFast For finish all the people are very nice and beautifull

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank coralie20
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 12 April 2014

People very nice and give us a nicer room when check in. Room is nice and big with good bed. Have everything like big hotel outside have big pool. Breakfast nice and many different food. Very good value hotel. We stay four days and not far to see temple. Town very small and cheap to travel.

Room Tip: Ask better room
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends