Get rewarded with One Key
Danielboff12
Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom

Charming Cambodian run guesthouse

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 10 Sept 2016via mobile
This place is lovely, the staff were friendly. If you want to be in the centre of the action on pub st don't stay here but for me staying 15 mins walk away from the town was great.

They organised our tour to the temples at the sunrise which was so easy and reasonable at $15 for a tuk tuk who waited on us.

Would happily stay again and enjoy a task Cambodian beer.

Top tip: there is no pool but around the corner is a hotel called 20th century which let's you use the pool for free if you spend $5 on food/drink and their food was delicious, well worth it!!
Date of stay: September 2016
    £73
    £77
0.3 miles from Happy Guest House
View more hotels in Siem Reap
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 September 2016 via mobile

Well i guess this guest house suits me since im a backpacker by heart and more than that i love to immerse with local people and this guest house is perfect but to others, say for example, my other tour buddies, they are senior citizens, and they dislike the guest house rules of removing shoes...for me it was ok. Its part of the culture so i suggest bring socks in case. This house has no elevator so its a bit inconvinience for older people perhaps. Their food was the cheapest so far..delicious and must try. Just order ahead of time coz the serving can be little late.
Value for the money: very affforable. Has AC, clean linens. Has complimentary water and the owner even gave us bottles of water before checking out. Amenities include tissue and soap. Bring your own tootbrush and toothpaste and inside slippers. I felt really at home
The only downside and i think needs to be considered is the WIFI ...its only available in the restaurant area and ground floor rooms...the rooms at backside has no access...
They offer free pick up in the airport using tuktuk...the drivers are very kind and what impressed me is that cambodians speak english very well..
Lastly, the manager was very kind..she's always smiling and accomodating...just sometimes she replies late in my emails...otherwise..she's one of the warmest manager ive met so far. No wonder this guest house earned the trip advisor remark

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 23 August 2016 via mobile

Happy Guesthouse is an awesome place to stay. It's clean, quiet and well run. The front desk and lobby is very organized and helpful about booking transport and tours. The tuktuk driver we had was named Mr. T and he made our time in Siem Reap even better. He was a great driver and tour guide. The food at the guesthouse was amazing and cheap!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Schmidt88
Reviewed 17 August 2016 via mobile

Really enjoyed our stay at happy guesthouse. It's located on a small dirtroad and near the river. Everything is reachable by foot or tuktuk. Their shared space is very cozy, green and quiet including enough drinks and food to choose from. We tried all breakfast, which was nice and always a good portion. The spaghetti tough was a little disappointing, taste ok but very small portion.

Rooms are nothing special but comfortable and clean. Ours had airco and a fan. Wifi was not available in our room.

For the price we paid this is a great deal spend a few days in siem reap, including a visit to the temples of course. Ask for mr. Bhrak if you like to go by tuktuk! He's a funny guy and a good driver.

Reviewed 13 August 2016 via mobile

Fair, honest, and welcoming establishment. I never felt like I was simply seen as $$$. I had a bus to catch at 10:30 PM, so I only booked my room for one day (saved me some $). Regardless, the staff allowed me to hangout, shower, and use their computers. I can't emphasize how incredible it is to be offered a nice (free) shower after riding your motorcycle in 90 degree weather all day. They also did my laundry, @$1 per kilo. They were always honest with how much things should cost, including tuk tuks. They also offered anything you could possibly need there. I was short on cash, so they allowed me to consolidate all of my expenses into one. I then paid the total bill with my credit card. (All meals, room, beer, laundry, and motorcycle rental). Highly recommended if you're on a tight budget.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 9 August 2016 via mobile

If you want a quiet, clean, well run and friendly place - this is it! Tucked in a cul de sac, 10 minute's walk from the Night Market, with spacious rooms, great food, loads of advice and help with bookings, you can't go wrong by staying here. Highly recommended, and same can be said by many of the fellow travellers we spoke to in the shady garden dining area.